Info on Grants/Subsidies Available For First Timer

xiaozhi86

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
just to check, i just know my hdb grant. i got housing grant 50k but additional housing grant only 15k which is too low because i only earn 3.5k but my wife has not been working for more then 1 year and i have a 7 month old son. So i'm wondering why my additional housing grant is not 35k as i believe my average monthly income should be 3.5k / 2 ?

yang_nastyman

Reaction score
first timer here. both my spouse and I have an income of 6k together, and we got a bid for a 5 rm flat in a non matured estate. are we at all eligible for any grant?

Rusty89

Reaction score
Hi first timer here. Can I check on the application of hdb loan process? Like when do we sign the loan agreement?

After selecting the flat, I was told that there’s another appointment in 3-4 months time for the first 5% downpayment. Anyone knows usually how Long till the another 5% downpayment? Is it then that the loan agreement is signed?

Aspiringparamedic

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
First half paid when you sign the Agreement for lease which is usually 4 months of booking a flat.

Remaining amount is paid during key collection.

Hope that helps.

Hi first timer here. Can I check on the application of hdb loan process? Like when do we sign the loan agreement?

After selecting the flat, I was told that there’s another appointment in 3-4 months time for the first 5% downpayment. Anyone knows usually how Long till the another 5% downpayment? Is it then that the loan agreement is signed?

Ftwmmmm

Reaction score
Hi, I recently received my grant assessment letter from HDB. My fiance is a full time PHD student receiving scholarship stipend from the university, yet HDB took into account his stipend and considered our combined income to be ineligible for the AHG. We are planning to appeal for the AHG. Anyone has a similar experience or can shed some light on this? Thanks much!

Adriyana

Reaction score
Hi
I've been working for the past 6years, earning income is around 3k
My fiancè is unemployed due to his illness for the past 1year plus.
But he did have CPF contribuation from his previous job.

Will HLE be granted.
And will HDB look into consideration his CPF earnings.

adinike03

Reaction score
Error during resale application submission

Hi, I am trying to do a resale application online, however I am stuck at the point under Loans and Grants. After keying in all the details for the specific page, including my HLE number, I am unable to click NEXT. An error message comes up saying that "The HLE letter cannot be used for this resale application because the Application Type indicated in the HLE letter is different".

I don't get this, what is different? The are no given "types" of HLE when I was applying. Where have I gone wrong and how can I rectify this? :s11:

yihao93

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Is this thread still active ?

May I know what are the grants available to a couple who is

Person a) just graduated from studies 6months ago and currently working
And person b) currently studying part time eg sim and unemployed ?

From my understanding is not eligible for any grants cause person a and b not working for >12 months and can't apply for deferred income assessment as person b not full time student.

Please advise. Thanks!

Lala02

Reaction score
To apply AHG and SHG, mention need to 12 mths continually work before the flat selection, if I change job during the 12 mths period, will affect the grants?

Anyone has any idea on this?

And also if I’m eligible for the AHG and the SHG, will I still be eligible for the proximity grants near to parents for SOBF?

Thanks!

Iamafan

Reaction score
Anyone has any idea on this?

And also if I’m eligible for the AHG and the SHG, will I still be eligible for the proximity grants near to parents for SOBF?

Thanks!

There is no proximity grant for SBF. Only resale

Lala02

Reaction score
There is no proximity grant for SBF. Only resale

Thank you very much for your kind reply..

I understand that to be eligible for the grants, I need to be employed continually for 1 year.. let say if I were to change job, but CPF contribution is continuous, for example Jan - Oct is ABC company then Nov onwards is XYZ company, but employment records is still more than a year, will it affect the grant?

Gixxerfied

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Thank you very much for your kind reply..

I understand that to be eligible for the grants, I need to be employed continually for 1 year.. let say if I were to change job, but CPF contribution is continuous, for example Jan - Oct is ABC company then Nov onwards is XYZ company, but employment records is still more than a year, will it affect the grant?

Nope, no issue.

Singboy

Reaction score
Hi, for the 12 months preceding bto application, I have worked 9 months with cpf contribution, 3 months in between as a freelance consultant for a Malaysia company (self employed with no acra registration) with a monthly retainer in cash(ringgit) and no cpf. Will I still fulfill the criteria for ahg / shg as it is 12 months continuous employment ? Thanks

vinz

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi, for the 12 months preceding bto application, I have worked 9 months with cpf contribution, 3 months in between as a freelance consultant for a Malaysia company (self employed with no acra registration) with a monthly retainer in cash(ringgit) and no cpf. Will I still fulfill the criteria for ahg / shg as it is 12 months continuous employment ? Thanks
Criteria is very strict for AHG/SHG. 12 months full employment with PROOF. CPF statement is a must , with all 12 months proper payslip submitted.

Freelance, paid in ringgit cash, no CPF, i also assume no payslip.

I doubt they will take that into consideration. As mentioned, they are very strict on this two grant, and only accept proper documentation records of employment status.

Singboy

Reaction score
Criteria is very strict for AHG/SHG. 12 months full employment with PROOF. CPF statement is a must , with all 12 months proper payslip submitted.

Freelance, paid in ringgit cash, no CPF, i also assume no payslip.

I doubt they will take that into consideration. As mentioned, they are very strict on this two grant, and only accept proper documentation records of employment status.

Thanks! With payslip and contract / letter of appointment. Sme in johor with over 10 mil annual revenue. Because was wondering if oversea work considered although based in sg

zencro

Reaction score
Hi, I have a question about the '12 months continuous employment' too.

My wife is a foreigner, so her income will not be taken into account in the HDB loan.

But her income will be taken into consideration for grants? Also, what if I as the Singapore citizen was not in continuous employment for the past 12 months but she is. Will we still qualify for AHG and SHG?

And also, if we apply with our Singaporean child, will we be eligible for the First Timer grants or is it still the Non-Citizen Spouse scheme?

Thank you!

Last edited:

frenz4ever00

Reaction score
Hi. Not sure if anyone has knowledge or experience.

My fiance and i are first timer and finally got BTO. We have paid the dp last year.

If i were to forgo my BTO and go with resales now which is less than 2km from my parent's home.

- will hdb forfeit my dp?
- will hdb still give us grants for resales?
- any chance to appeal for either/or?

Lastly, do we need present marraige cert within 3 months if buying resales flat? Any chance to appeal for 6 months ?

TIA!

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.