2.0 & 2.1 speaker discussion thread IV [consolidated]

Status
Not open for further replies.

wwenze

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
then what if the amp is rated at 35w but i use a 50 - 150w recommended speaker? will the amp try to push and then get burnt out?

:eek:

Nothing will happen if you keep the volume low.

And if your amp is truly 35W, at 35W output power your speaker would be producing around 100dB@1m. This is already around the limit of many consumer speakers before the speaker themselves start distorting because the incoming signal is too powerful. Also, 85dB is the safe volume before permanent hearing loss starts to occur.

The problem only comes when you have an amp actually 10W but rate itself 35W, and you try to push 35W into the speaker.

Amon86

Reaction score
Try the raidho X-1, front ported as well. You will be surprised by the sound it outputs from such a small footprint.

I know those raidho need a higher power amp to drive those are power hungry my naim atom on desktop might not be efficient to drive them i need to get another power amp which i need to spent another 8k-10k+ to drive them so no point....but surprisingly my another speaker the Dynaudio Special Forty my naim atom are able drive them

forests_gump

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Haha... some are satisfied with just 1 clean watt (using high sensitivity spkr).

Most of pple indoors, HDBs, etc - actually would use below 10 watt.

Yet having higher clean amp provides energy/margin for dynamics at some passage of music sources

Hope by now: more wld knw above Wattage examples not mean as a joke. I am serious :s13:

Also seriously - with regards to Claims from audio industry/audiophile advertisement such as:
- no compromise, perfection audio reproduction, watts number, blablabla.

Are really mean for the casual consumers, reference at best; for serious consumers wld use ears & instrumentation measurements.

mypillowtalks

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Recently assisted to set up a 2.1 system in an industrial building unit, about 1000 square feet with 4.5m ceiling

Initially i proposed to use 2 subwoofers, but try out 1 piece first.

Running 2 x 15" Turbosound Milan M15 speakers with an 18" Front Firing Ported subwoofer

Result was that 1 x 18" subwoofer met expectations. Things were vibrating. I Also expected visitors from neighbouring units.

Later on speakers are mounted at a height of about 2 meters from FFL.

Sent from Your Favourite Non-Biting Talking Pillow using GAGT

Last edited:

xiangzeng

Reaction score
Unboxing edifiers S1000db now

:o=:p
35413180633_07350fd9ee_b.jpg
Don't mind tell us your experience so far on using this $500 plus speakers. Thanks.

zephyr11

Master Member
Reaction score
noob qn;

Wanted to check, i've not used TV box or added a sound bar to TVs.

if my soundbar is hooked up to the TV (spdif), and my tv box is hooked up to the tv (hdmi), while watch programs on the tv box, can i use the soundbar for enhanced SQ?

:o

Amon86

Reaction score
noob qn;

if my soundbar is hooked up to the TV (spdif), and my tv box is hooked up to the tv (hdmi), while watch programs on the tv box, can i use the soundbar for enhanced SQ?

:o

nowadays ppl don't use spdif already as mostly 4k tv comes with port hdmi ARC out...now soundbars also have hdmi ARC port

HDMI-ARC.jpg

zephyr11

Master Member
Reaction score
nowadays ppl don't use spdif already as mostly 4k tv comes with port hdmi ARC out...now soundbars also have hdmi ARC port

HDMI-ARC.jpg

sadly my soundbar don't have, only have 1 spdif.

so back to my noob qn;

loster

Reaction score
u need to set your tv setting to output to spdif

sadly my soundbar don't have, only have 1 spdif.

so back to my noob qn;

zephyr11

Master Member
Reaction score
****, just realised coaxial and spdif is same but diff. TMD

my soundbar only have toslink head, and the tv i plan to buy is only with coaxial rca, hdmi arc, usb, and regular rca (red, white) .

anyone have solutions? i know of coaxial rca to toslink converters, but wondering if usb to toslink is possible for sound? think there's a usb2 and usb3.

:(:(:(

Last edited:

Amon86

Reaction score
****, just realised coaxial and spdif is same but diff. TMD

my soundbar only have toslink head, and the tv i plan to buy is only with coaxial rca, hdmi arc, usb, and regular rca (red, white) .

anyone have solutions? i know of coaxial rca to toslink converters, but wondering if usb to toslink is possible for sound? think there's a usb2 and usb3.

:(:(:(

maybe u need this there is nothing that can't be solve in av world

RedAunt HDMI To HDMI ARC Adapter With Optical TOSLINK SPDIF Audio Output, HDMI Audio Extractor Converter Support CEC 1080P For Home Theater Application

https://www.lazada.sg/products/reda...664_351970632_128351351&tracker_limit=1000000

or

https://www.qoo10.sg/item/HDMI-TO-H...MIycSF9PHb3wIVVQwrCh1dsQ4qEAQYBCABEgJKLPD_BwE

Last edited:

zephyr11

Master Member
Reaction score
maybe u need this there is nothing that can't be solve in av world

RedAunt HDMI To HDMI ARC Adapter With Optical TOSLINK SPDIF Audio Output, HDMI Audio Extractor Converter Support CEC 1080P For Home Theater Application

https://www.lazada.sg/products/reda...664_351970632_128351351&tracker_limit=1000000

or

https://www.qoo10.sg/item/HDMI-TO-H...MIycSF9PHb3wIVVQwrCh1dsQ4qEAQYBCABEgJKLPD_BwE

yea saw something like that on qoo10, was hoping it can be without external power, or like a direct cable.

looks like no other way.

thanks!

D3st1nY85

Reaction score
Looking for a desktop speaker for movies music and casual gaming. Limited space. A side note, is there any shop selling audioengine speaker in Singapore?

icecapt

Reaction score
Looking for a desktop speaker for movies music and casual gaming. Limited space. A side note, is there any shop selling audioengine speaker in Singapore?

Yes, there is a shop in adelphi and beauty world selling audioengine. If i am not wrong it's called horizon acoustics.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.