Johor Bahru - share is caring

Status
Not open for further replies.

myviowner

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Not just the mall, those old school kopi shop outside KSL oredi start selling cny goodies. Prices of crackers from RM15 to most ex fried fish skin at RM30.
Just came back, the traffic is so smooth. I drove.

x3dnd3x

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Not just the mall, those old school kopi shop outside KSL oredi start selling cny goodies. Prices of crackers from RM15 to most ex fried fish skin at RM30.
Just came back, the traffic is so smooth. I drove.

I never really go far in to buy CNY goodies but so far, Tun Aminah ones hit the spot for me. Every year so far my daddy will go there fill up the boot. :s13:

Those at KSL area or Da Ma Hua Yuen one not nice to me leh. Very mass produced kind.

FinchGuy

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I never really go far in to buy CNY goodies but so far, Tun Aminah ones hit the spot for me. Every year so far my daddy will go there fill up the boot. :s13:

Those at KSL area or Da Ma Hua Yuen one not nice to me leh. Very mass produced kind.

Got particular shops in Tun Aminah to recommend? Thanks.

21Flowers

Reaction score

Hmmm good idea, I usually head over to Sutera to buy. Tun Aminah shld be cheaper?

x3dnd3x

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Got particular shops in Tun Aminah to recommend? Thanks.

Its not a shop or etc. Because Tun Aminah area usually hand made. Most of their kuehs. Don't really have a shop to recommend. Just go down the stretch, have quite abit. Walk around and taste kind loh.

x3dnd3x

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hmmm good idea, I usually head over to Sutera to buy. Tun Aminah shld be cheaper?

I'm not sure whether cheap but their salted egg ya gu usually RM15 1 bottle. As compared to the ones at Da Ma Hua Yuen which is RM25 per bottle.

x3dnd3x

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Tun aminah simi mall..no heard of

Not a mall. Its like a street or area. I always go there when i staycation at KSL because colleague stays that area so he'll drive me around.

If not familiar Tun Aminah area, can try Mount Austin area as well. There also got CNY pasar malam one.

jasonhanjk

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Tun Aminah is more like a slum area where crime rate is higher. Take extra care when going into these areas.

FinchGuy

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Its not a shop or etc. Because Tun Aminah area usually hand made. Most of their kuehs. Don't really have a shop to recommend. Just go down the stretch, have quite abit. Walk around and taste kind loh.

Any particular streets/landmarks? I've only been to the Jalan Pahlawan area diagonally across the bus terminal.

21Flowers

Reaction score
I'm not sure whether cheap but their salted egg ya gu usually RM15 1 bottle. As compared to the ones at Da Ma Hua Yuen which is RM25 per bottle.

That's almost half the price, great! I'll go drive around look see look see.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.