Thailand Khao-Kho 泰国天空之城

rrr2015

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
sure there lots of windy roads & i love it! :) but having underpower vehicle will make drive trip miserable

you drove to kent ridge park before? the small road leading to the park, steepness about there just much longer & windy at mhs

we did clockwise, fortunately only initial stretch more challenging to car (was driving manual). but, iirc, after climbing to certain evelation, it became less steep & more manageable

I tot mhs is alot of bend? I'm not sure about steepness though.

Posted from PCWX using Pixel 3

BlackCube

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
sure there lots of windy roads & i love it!
:)
but having underpower vehicle will make drive trip miserable

you drove to kent ridge park before? the small road leading to the park, steepness about there just much longer & windy at mhs

we did clockwise, fortunately only initial stretch more challenging to car (was driving manual). but, iirc, after climbing to certain evelation, it became less steep & more manageable

So far got some places Abit more steep but still manageable. U want to fast also hard when there are some car in front of you taking own sweet time.

Any sedan also can climb ba. Don't think make it any miserable. I think if u go more off road then get suv or sort then make your drive better. If normal road then any car is about the same.

rrr2015

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
maybe for now since new cars are more powerful/cc & lighter as well …

those days even got under 1L sedan car, these definitely can't make it. and i mention also we were driving manual car, lots of gear shifting to climb ~ very siong

anyway driving into mountains, sedan or not, power still matters.

4wd gives more grip & safety. certainly nice to have especially when driving up steep climbs wih no roadside barriers.
So far got some places Abit more steep but still manageable. U want to fast also hard when there are some car in front of you taking own sweet time.

Any sedan also can climb ba. Don't think make it any miserable. I think if u go more off road then get suv or sort then make your drive better. If normal road then any car is about the same.

BlackCube

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
maybe for now since new cars are more powerful/cc & lighter as well *********

those days even got under 1L sedan car, these definitely can't make it. and i mention also we were driving manual car, lots of gear shifting to climb ~ very siong

anyway driving into mountains, sedan or not, power still matters.

4wd gives more grip & safety. certainly nice to have especially when driving up steep climbs wih no roadside barriers.

Yeah agreed.

Drive manual really will shag out.

Of course higher cc better lo, but nowadays sedan also ok liao. Rent car need to take cost into account lo. Suv expensive. Haha. If no need to, then avoid to rent suv.

If budget no problem then by all means take whatever car you like. Haha.

flowerpalms

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Anyone been there before? Would like to check for the experience and how many days needed to spent over there? This place looks nice from this link..

泰国天空之城:19个考柯(Khao Kho)的绝美景点带你告别炎热的天气
https://thailand.tripcanvas.co/zh/phetchabun/things-to-do-khao-kho/

Khao kho Itinerary:
https://thailand.tripcanvas.co/zh/bangkok/bangkok-khao-kho-itinerary/

5 viewpoints at Khao Kho that you should not miss!!!
https://readme.me/p/7353

1. Is February ok to visit Khao Kho for 5d4n? Following the itinerary posted here
2. Is solo trip ok?
3. If yea, recommended accomodation for 1 person? Following the itinerary posted here
4. Is having a driver and car a must to go to those places as per this posted itinerary?

flowerpalms

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Sorry for driver and car, i mean can just get taxi along the way instead of having a private car and driver??

BlackCube

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I don't think there is any taxi or songthaew within kk. Very likely either hire or drive.

Feb most likely no sea cloud also lo. can go solo but will be difficult since they almost don't speak any English. some of the people ain't really Thai. like tribe people, speak Thai but like weird.

Last edited:

flowerpalms

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I don't think there is any taxi or songthaew within kk. Very likely either hire or drive.

Feb most likely no sea cloud also lo. can go solo but will be difficult since they almost don't speak any English. some of the people ain't really Thai. like tribe people, speak Thai but like weird.

Thanks for the info. In this case i dont want go kk liao

Andrew833

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the info. In this case i dont want go kk liao

For solo, going KK and Khao Yai is a big problem. Even couple like me going Khao Yai, have to spend a lot on booking driver.

You can try kanchanaburi, can take train there.

fxsg123

Master Member
Reaction score
Hi,i need advice. Planning to go this Nov to the following: BKK, khao yai, khao kho, Ayutthaya.

Which is better?
1) BKK (1N) > Ayutthaya > khao yai (3N) > khao kho (3N) > BKK (2N)
2) BKK > khao yai (3N) > khao kho (3N) > Ayutthaya > BKK (3N)
3) BKK (1N) > khao kho (3N) > khao yai (3N) > Ayutthaya > BKK (2N)
4) Suggest

Also, any suggestion where/how to hire private transport (driver/van) for the above.
From Airport pickup > everyday > Airport drop-off

Thanks.

Last edited:

Andrew833

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi,i need advice. Planning to go this Nov to the following: BKK, khao yai, khao kho, Ayutthaya.

Which is better?
4) Suggest

Also, any suggestion where/how to hire private transport (driver/van) for the above.

Thanks.

Hiring driver is very expensive, are you sure you want to do all these places.
I 3d2n already 9600 baht.
#3 is better. Khao yai and khao kho 6d5n enough, Ayutthaya best to go early.

BlackCube

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Which is better?
4) Suggest

Thanks.

If you really must go all then

BKK > Ayu > kk > ky > BKK

Think should be better

Or you swap ayu with ky.

Hire driver is very expensive as mentioned by Andrew.

Hire only if you can't drive, or don't mind spending to get driver.

kurtgoh

Master Member
Reaction score
may i ask,

if i intend to spend 2 weeks of holiday in thailand, i'm looking at khao kho and khao yai and bkk.

around 15 D 14 N
rent a car in BKK and drive up.

want to make sure i cover khao kho and khao yai well.

any suggestion? :o

Andrew833

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
may i ask,

if i intend to spend 2 weeks of holiday in thailand, i'm looking at khao kho and khao yai and bkk.

around 15 D 14 N
rent a car in BKK and drive up.

want to make sure i cover khao kho and khao yai well.

any suggestion? :o

When you going? Certain attractions need to go in Nov- Jan. Khao Kho cloud sea high chance to see during raining season.

kurtgoh

Master Member
Reaction score
When you going? Certain attractions need to go in Nov- Jan. Khao Kho cloud sea high chance to see during raining season.

tentatively, 21 Dec, be spending Xmas in Khao kho, then move to Khai yai.

Yes, we are hoping to catch the cloud sea although we read , Oct is the best mth

Andrew833

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
tentatively, 21 Dec, be spending Xmas in Khao kho, then move to Khai yai.

Yes, we are hoping to catch the cloud sea although we read , Oct is the best mth

Dec best timing for Khao Yai, can go strawberry farm (small size), PB Valley (grape I think harvest on dec/ jan), sunflower farm and Jim Thompson Farm (must check date of opening, slight changes year to year).
Khao Kho, even if cant see cloud sea, the scenery is still beautiful.

kurtgoh

Master Member
Reaction score
a quick question,

note that the passport number changes each time when due/depleted..

if we already purchased air ticket and there was a change of passport number, will it be an issue?

Andrew833

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
a quick question,

note that the passport number changes each time when due/depleted..

if we already purchased air ticket and there was a change of passport number, will it be an issue?

Nowadays buy air ticket don't need to enter passport number so shouldn't be a issue. You can check your flight detail in your email.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.