Desktop Chair Roundup - Ergonomic Chair

K|muRa^84

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
does anyone feel that mesh chairs hurt ur butt after prolonged use?

felt that way on the Aeron

lxXXxl

Master Member
Reaction score
I'm personally fine with the mesh chair from takeaseat, can sleep on it... not sure about the Aeron...

I did get a chair from taobao before, but while the seat was fine, the metal legs rusted within a year (my takeaseat chair bought around same time, still no rust after 2 years). But maybe it's a cheaper purchase...

Pyre

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
does anyone feel that mesh chairs hurt ur butt after prolonged use?

felt that way on the Aeron

if you are getting pain in butt (literal), it may not be the chair but your posture and maybe sitting for long periods. especially if you feel 'lightning' in your legs when you get up or get up from bed or enter a prone position. u may want to consult a medical professional.

lxXXxl

Master Member
Reaction score
Is the lumbar support angle adjustable?

It looks like it protrudes a lot

It has a spring that allows the support to be pushed back when sitting on it. Take note of the width of the seat though. The Vision is only 465mm. I'm fatter, so it was not wide enough for me. :D

The Sail model was better at 520mm, which was what I bought.

In comparison, the Titan and Omega have a seat width of 559mm.

If looking for cheaper mesh options, they have the M16 (cushion seat) or M18 (mesh seat):
https://www.qoo10.sg/item/TAKEASEAT-EXECUTIVE-OFFICE-CHAIRS-BEST-BARGAIN-CHAIRS-MESH-CUSHION-CHAIRS/435959411

K|muRa^84

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Thanks. It’s probably just me haha

if you are getting pain in butt (literal), it may not be the chair but your posture and maybe sitting for long periods. especially if you feel 'lightning' in your legs when you get up or get up from bed or enter a prone position. u may want to consult a medical professional.

testerjp

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Those China made chairs that promote as ergonomic may angulate your back to the wrong angles and permanently damage the discs in your spine instead. When I was at the worst stage of my slipped disc, i went around and test a lot. My back was an ergonomic detector.

Really ergo chairs are highly adjustable and the better ones should be able to do forward tilt. They are designed to also promote a lot of movement and blood circulation. It's not just having mesh alone = Ergonomic.
That's why those replicas only copy the design but never copy the real function and advantages of the best known ergonomic chairs.

Get those that can promise you at least 10 years warranty on the mechanism and gas cylinder, that should already cover back most of the ROI. Some local stupid joker company offer 10 years warranty on the solid metal frame only, don't be tricked.

Those lousy chairs won't promise you much warranty because they are poorly stress tested or using material that can't last.

One has only one spine, and anybody who had a slipped disc will know it's irreversible. Spine starts to degrade alot when you hit the 30s. Once you have a problem, your medical checkup, mri, etc, already easily cost $500+. In the end, the drs can only tell you that there's nothing much they can do.

If you don't want to spend much on the chair, then the best is you correct your own posture first. :(

Last edited:

halocast

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Those China made chairs that promote as ergonomic may angulate your back to the wrong angels and permanently damage the discs in your spine instead. When I was at the worst stage of my slipped disc, i went around and test a lot. My back was an ergonomic detector.

Really ergo chairs are highly adjustable and the better ones should be able to do forward tilt. They are designed to also promote a lot of movement and blood circulation. It's not just having mesh alone = Ergonomic.
That's why those replicas only copy the design but never copy the real function and advantages of the best known ergonomic chairs.

Get those that can promise you at least 10 years warranty on the mechanism and gas cylinder, that should already cover back most of the ROI. Some local stupid joker company offer 10 years warranty on the solid metal frame only, don't be tricked.

Those lousy chairs won't promise you much warranty because they are poorly stress tested or using material that can't last.

One has only one spine, and anybody who had a slipped disc will know it's irreversible. Spine starts to degrade alot when you hit the 30s. Once you have a problem, your medical checkup, mri, etc, already easily cost $500+. In the end, the drs can only tell you that there's nothing much they can do.

If you don't want to spend much on the chair, then the best is you correct your own posture first. :(

So what you recommend or using?

Fallingrain

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
is there sea shipping service from the US? saw a chair on amazon but they don't ship to sg

vanilor

Reaction score
Those China made chairs that promote as ergonomic may angulate your back to the wrong angles and permanently damage the discs in your spine instead. When I was at the worst stage of my slipped disc, i went around and test a lot. My back was an ergonomic detector.

If you don't want to spend much on the chair, then the best is you correct your own posture first.
:(

Recommendations pls

Reaction score
Any comments on the IKEA Flintan?

0473860_PE614790_S5.JPG

10 year guarantee with lumbar support for $79.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.