BTO 2019 FEB - Official Thread

iphone1s

Reaction score
Me and SO leaning towards the Kallang site more after reading the comments, thanks for the inputs! keep them coming! :s13::s12:

you can lean wherever u want. But its up to HDB ballot system to say whether they allow you to lean. :s13:

Nebulosa

Reaction score
I think I will try for Kallang/Whampoa this time.

For Nov 18 BTO, I tried for Canberra and my number is 19*/96 so that's pretty much goodbye. But I think Kallang/Whampoa will be overly subscribed too.

My friend who stays nearby said the boards are up for the Boon Keng site.

Meinu96

Reaction score
Many merits have been written about the Jurong West BTO sites, but let me downplay the location based on what I know.

1. The BTO site at Jurong West Street 93 is right beside the industrial area. The foreign workers community hub is at Soon Lee Street, and many foreign workers hang out around Pioneer Road North and Jurong West Street 93 area. Especially at night.
1b. Nearby is Jurong West Sports and Recreation Centre. On surface, it's good. But actually, after hours, this is where a lot of hanky-panky stuff may happen as this place is open to public 24/7 except for the paid areas, which is the swimming pool and the shops.
1c. This is one of the back alley of Jurong West.
1d. But the good point about this site is that it is next to a public swimming pool, a public gym, a public stadium, a public running track, and within walking distance (900m; 12mins walk from the furthest point) to Pioneer MRT Station, which are the merits of a condominium (near MRT, got swimming pool, got gym, etcetera.)
1e. But the setback, really, is the lack of security. It's next to the industrial area, and a lot of foreign workers hang out around Jurong West Street 93 and Pioneer Road North at night.

2. The BTO site at Boon Lay Way is at the junction of two main roads: Boon Lay Way and Jalan Boon Lay. Also, it is near to the MRT track. So, in terms of Feng Shui, there is very strong energy flow.
2b. The nearest bus stop would be the one along Boon Lay Way. 5 bus services connecting to Boon Lay Bus Interchange, but none of them is feeder, which means the frequency can be up to 20 minutes when you wait for a bus at Boon Lay Bus Interchange. The 5 bus services are 30, 154, 178, 180, 187. Of which 180 frequency is the highest (eg. 12 minutes after 7pm) among the 5 bus services. In comparison, feeder 240's frequency is 10 minutes after 7pm. Advice: take 180 when taking from Boon Lay Bus Interchange, unless next time got feeder bus serving that bus stop at Boon Lay Way.
2c. The negative point I want to write about this location is the main road. Because it's surrounded by main roads, you need to be extra cautious when crossing the road.
2d. Also, if you intend to walk between the Boon Lay Way BTO site and Boon Lay MRT Station, do take note that the area around Jurong Point is a smoking area, and it's not really a direct path from the taxi stand area of Jurong Point to Boon Lay MRT Station.
2c. Also, Boon Lay is one of the oldest neighborhood in Singapore. They are building new BTO flats in Boon Lay just to rejuvenate the area. The filthy areas are along Boon Lay Drive. Unless they site the multistorey carpark facing Boon Lay Drive, to filter out the negative energy, this is one bad point that prospective buyers should be aware of.
2d. There is an industrial area opposite the Boon Lay Way BTO site, but that one is managed by STK, a local company where most of the workers are locals.
2e. The foreign workers cluster is at Jurong Central Park and Boon Lay MRT Station area. Very few actually come to Boon Lay Drive area, probably because of the "barrier" formed by Boon Lay Way and the centrifugal force at Jurong Point area.

Conclusion: The BTO site at Boon Lay Way has better fengshui. But if you are looking for HDB that resembles condominium, and don't mind the lack of security, the BTO site at Jurong West Street 93 is better.

Last edited:

jerichoo

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Many merits have been written about the Jurong West BTO sites, but let me downplay the location based on what I know.

1. The BTO site at Jurong West Street 93 is right beside the industrial area. The foreign workers community hub is at Soon Lee Street, and many foreign workers hang out around Pioneer Road North and Jurong West Street 93 area. Especially at night.
1b. Nearby is Jurong West Sports and Recreation Centre. On surface, it's good. But actually, after hours, this is where a lot of hanky-panky stuff may happen as this place is open to public 24/7 except for the paid areas, which is the swimming pool and the shops.
1d. But the good point about this site is that it is next to a public swimming pool, a public gym, a public stadium, a public running track, and within walking distance (900m; 12mins walk from the furthest point) to Pioneer MRT Station, which are the merits of a condominium (near MRT, got swimming pool, got gym, etcetera.)
1e. But the setback, really, is the lack of security. It's next to the industrial area, and a lot of foreign workers hang out around Jurong West Street 93 and Pioneer Road North at night.

2. The BTO site at Boon Lay Way is at the junction of two main roads: Boon Lay Way and Jalan Boon Lay. Also, it is near to the MRT track. So, in terms of Feng Shui, there is very strong energy flow.
2b. The nearest bus stop would be the one along Boon Lay Way. 5 bus services connecting to Boon Lay Bus Interchange, but none of them is feeder, which means the frequency can be up to 20 minutes when you wait for a bus at Boon Lay Bus Interchange. The 5 bus services are 30, 154, 178, 180, 187. Of which 180 frequency is the highest (eg. 12 minutes after 7pm) among the 5 bus services. In comparison, feeder 240's frequency is 10 minutes after 7pm. Advice: take 180 when taking from Boon Lay Bus Interchange, unless next time got feeder bus serving that bus stop at Boon Lay Way.
2c. The negative point I want to write about this location is the main road. Because it's surrounded by main roads, you need to be extra cautious when crossing the road.
2d. Also, if you intend to walk between the Boon Lay Way BTO site and Boon Lay MRT Station, do take note that the area around Jurong Point is a smoking area, and it's not really a direct path from the taxi stand area of Jurong Point to Boon Lay MRT Station.
2c. Also, Boon Lay is one of the oldest neighborhood in Singapore. They are building new BTO flats in Boon Lay just to rejuvenate the area. The filthy areas are along Boon Lay Drive. Unless they site the multistorey carpark facing Boon Lay Drive, to filter out the negative energy, this is one bad point that prospective buyers should be aware of.
2d. There is an industrial area opposite the Boon Lay Way BTO site, but that one is managed by STK, a local company where most of the workers are locals.
2e. The foreign workers cluster is at Jurong Central Park and Boon Lay MRT Station area. Very few actually come to Boon Lay Drive area, probably because of the "barrier" formed by Boon Lay Way and the centrifugal force at Jurong Point area.

Conclusion: The BTO site at Boon Lay Way has better fengshui. But if you are looking for HDB that resembles condominium, and don't mind the lack of security, the BTO site at Jurong West Street 93 is better.

I concur. I Lived there for a while and agree with all the observations .

I think the ppl.who bid may not know wat they are gettin themselves into.

Up for ur great post!

Meinu96

Reaction score
About the BTO site at Sengkang, situated next to a LRT station means that it is near to everything.

1 stop away from Seletar Mall.
2 stops away from Sengkang Sports Centre.
3 or 4 stops away from Sengkang Town Centre.

Also, it is within 2km radius from Nan Chiau Primary School, and within 1km radius from 3 primary schools (Fernvale, Ferngreen, Sengkang Green).

But, in terms of traveling to the city (reference: Dhoby Ghaut),

The Sengkang BTO is around 40 minutes ride on the LRT and NEL.

Whereas the Jurong West BTOs are around 61-63 minutes ride on the EWL and NSL.

(inclusive of walking, based on Google maps)

The Sengkang BTO is nearer to the city.

Personally, I think Sengkang BTO is better.

Would recommend putting Sengkang BTO as first choice, Jalan Boon Lay BTO as second choice, and Jurong West Street 93 BTO as third choice.

I'm not sure how this BTO thing works. But if given a choice, this is the order of choice that I recommend.

Last edited:

NewChap

Reaction score
I'm not sure how this BTO thing works. But if given a choice, this is the order of choice that I recommend.

Correct me if I'm wrong. BTO you can only choose 1 area and if that area got multiple projects it depends on the ballot and queue number. So not really much choice besides which block and level

slowpokie

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I need the plot of blocks that is @ the old fire station, 6-8 mins walk from my current staying location !

IAmZlatan

Reaction score
Pardon me but what does strong energy flow mean in terms of feng shui? Does the mrt energy flow count too?

carelesswhisperer

Reaction score
Nope - you will be given a choice to select which project to ballot under, if the area you are applying for has more than 1 project.

Correct me if I'm wrong. BTO you can only choose 1 area and if that area got multiple projects it depends on the ballot and queue number. So not really much choice besides which block and level

AndRiy80

Reaction score
Nope - you will be given a choice to select which project to ballot under, if the area you are applying for has more than 1 project.
Blur liao. Let put it this way. kallang/Whampoa, both is under 1 project. Those who ballot under this project will be able to choose both kallang and Whampoa when it's their turn to select

Sent from HUAWEI LYA-L29 using GAGT

rieanz

Reaction score
Kallang site I’m unsure exactly where, but there industries park there which some under taker, I’m just living nearby.

Its actually quite near to the MRT station, less than 10mins walk. Near to the expressway. Went down to have a look last week :s13:

Nebulosa

Reaction score
Near expressway that one noisy or not?
I think this depends on where your unit is facing. I did find the Kallang area less congested. The Boon Keng area had slow traffic and this was at 2.30pm on a weekday. I have yet to see how it's like during peak hours.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.