2018 iPad Pro

tec_geek

Reaction score
guys, does any of you have the lock/unlock option under brightness option in General? mine doesn't have it on the Pro, but my other Air has it. same iOS12.1.1

tried restart etc still don't get that option...this issue dates back to those older iPADs too

Just wondering if you have the passcode for your iPad enabled?

EDIT:
you folks with the option, are you using smart covers? but my ipad air no smart cover, also has that option....:(

The option might only come up if the iPad has interacted before with a Smart Cover. Do you use or try the Smart Cover on your iPad Air before?

Last edited:

ALacs

Reaction score
Thanks bud.

Passcode enabled means?

About the Smart Cover interaction to activate the option, I did read about that. I might bring my Pro to a Apple store to try it out. Hopefully it works. My Air uses a 3rd party verus case, which might be a Smart Cover.

Just wondering if you have the passcode for your iPad enabled?

EDIT:

The option might only come up if the iPad has interacted before with a Smart Cover. Do you use or try the Smart Cover on your iPad Air before?

tec_geek

Reaction score
Thanks bud.

Passcode enabled means?

About the Smart Cover interaction to activate the option, I did read about that. I might bring my Pro to a Apple store to try it out. Hopefully it works. My Air uses a 3rd party verus case, which might be a Smart Cover.

As in you’re using a passcode to unlock your iPad? And yes, hopefully that works.

gnixer

Master Member
Reaction score
I’ve a colleague who’s using the new Pro and he told me today that his volume buttons suddenly don’t work, have to reboot then ok.

Seems like the new Pros are really plagued by issues. But that doesn’t stop there about iPad Pro problems. My 10.5” model is known to have the screen brighter spot around an inch above the home button. Happened to mine 2 mths after purchasing it, sent back to Apple to get a replacement set and after 5 mths now, seems like it slightly showing again.

Hardware issue.
Confirm case, just waiting for apple to admit and launch replacement program.

Palmster

Reaction score
Anyone can recommend a USB A to USB C cable 5o sync with PC? I am still stunned that they dont provide this in the box and apple store doesn't sell it and no one knows which cable works. (Samsung type C cable for my note 9 doesn't work. I think the cable must support USB 3.1)

ALacs

Reaction score
I know elecom manufactures very specific spec’Ed cables. U may try best Denki to see if they have usb3.1 spec.

Anyone can recommend a USB A to USB C cable 5o sync with PC? I am still stunned that they dont provide this in the box and apple store doesn't sell it and no one knows which cable works. (Samsung type C cable for my note 9 doesn't work. I think the cable must support USB 3.1)

ALacs

Reaction score
Did any of you exchange your bent cellular iPad Pro at Apple store ? Did they entertain and were new sets straight?

We know nothing is perfect in this world but who knows if the screen will warp after 1-2yrs of Normal use. Apple isn’t very forthcoming on recall on this, except the last ip6 saga.

spunkbrat

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Did any of you exchange your bent cellular iPad Pro at Apple store ? Did they entertain and were new sets straight?

We know nothing is perfect in this world but who knows if the screen will warp after 1-2yrs of Normal use. Apple isn’t very forthcoming on recall on this, except the last ip6 saga.

Ip6 lawsuits still ongoing, drag and drag. Few months ago court released Apple internal documents on how Apple knew how the phone is prone to bending.

deathst

Master Member
Reaction score
No need to be surprised it is expected Cause USB-C is their future port from here on. (Thunderbolt) USB A has power and bandwidth limits and is phasing out in new tech.

All their current Laptop operates on USB C ports, now their Tablets and they even made USB C Apple Watch Magnetic chargers.

Now it will be time that the iPhone should follow else it would be USB C to Lightning port cables.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.