The Watch Thread - Part 15

Status
Not open for further replies.

gaoxing84

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I think there have indeed been posts expressing concern on Powermatic 80 movement serviceability.

This movement is used in Seastar I think.

This misconception seems to have stemmed from a post here (and some others s)tating that the watch is laser adjusted in factory.
https://watch-insider.com/news/tiss...-ultra-precise-low-cost-mechanical-movements/

Nothing is mentioned about future regulation or serviceability, but people put 2 and 2 together and worried that without this magical factory laser they can't do adjustments..

I think, with all modified ETA movements, the worry is whether your parts are going to be unique and not readily available. But the movement is going to be serviceable for sure, just whether you have to go back to the original manufacturer, and depending on the extent of damage or wear and tear on the parts.

For a normal servicing with cleaning and reoil, any decent place would still be able to do it.

Re regulation, I presume the laser involvement is to do with calibration, rather than the adjustment per se. No reason why the usual timegrapher method won't work!

No spoil no need service.
Later service alr spoil more

arc13

Reaction score
DSHfrvL.jpg

Kyo_kusanagi86

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Time to makan~
Jr9JesXl.jpg

Sent from "Please excuse the brevity and/or typo, as this message was sent from my mobile phone" using GAGT

cyrenic

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Anybody here bought a daytona white dial at retail price?

Can share the tricks to owning one?

What tricks are there?

Wait for someone to get stupid and sell below market rate? 50% chance it's a fake, too good to be true. Any good deal snapped up in 5 seconds, don't get your hopes up too high..

Or you can wait for one with beat up condition..

gaoxing84

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
What tricks are there?

Wait for someone to get stupid and sell below market rate? 50% chance it's a fake, too good to be true. Any good deal snapped up in 5 seconds, don't get your hopes up too high..

Or you can wait for one with beat up condition..

Even beat up.
Also at least 26-27k

gaoxing84

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Saw a ton of vintage rolex, omega, patek etc over at Burlington Arcade London.
VMEQPhA.jpg

vTUQIQ8.jpg

IcdeP9P.jpg

057vBvo.jpg

Kyo_kusanagi86

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
"Black" Friday
AuY9gWxl.jpg

Sent from "Please excuse the brevity and/or typo, as this message was sent from my mobile phone" using GAGT

Kyo_kusanagi86

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Anybody here bought a daytona white dial at retail price?

Can share the tricks to owning one?
Not retail but really cheap. Search noob factory daytona v2. Extact same 4130 movement.

OF COURSE NO ONE GETS IT RETAIL UNLESS YOU ARE VVVIP!
Learn to pay the premium like everyone else here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.