Free Advice/Discussion on Bank Mortgage loan

Raytwj

Reaction score
Hi, I would like to go for refinancing. Looking for waiver of legal and valuation fees in the process. May I know what are the promotion rates now?

Current loan is with UOB @ ~2.22% (pegged to 1m sibor)
About 624k outstanding
29.5 years remaining, no lock-in

Are you still looking to refinance your property? Able to help you source for the cheapest interest rates.

Andrewccs

Reaction score
Hi Andrewccs,
If your property is HDB, you can refinance at 1.88% FIXED.
Even if you're going to pay legal fees you still can save, but the savings is not much, maybe approximately $700++.

If it's private then yes, it makes more sense to stick around with OCBC.
Thanks, but i not eligible to loan from HDB loan, Only from Bank (PR) ,

may i know is good choose option 1 or option 2.

Lita..Wolf

Reaction score
What is the outlook for sg interest rate for 2019? Are we expecting fixed deposit rate to rise further or generally remains stagnant? Still make sense to secure fixed rate?:s22:

Unbiasedsg_

Reaction score
What is the outlook for sg interest rate for 2019? Are we expecting fixed deposit rate to rise further or generally remains stagnant? Still make sense to secure fixed rate?:s22:
Our interest rates are very sensitive to US FED interest hikes, though it doesn't follow exactly.
With the US FED increasing their rates just on 19 Dec 2018, we foresee an interest hike within the 1Q 2019. Many banks have already increased theirs and many other bank are in the midst of doing so.
If you are able to get a great deal for fixed package, I'll reckon to go for it as you can confidently plan your expenses and cash flow for the next 2 years. Nothing beats peace of mind and to me that is priceless.

Immortal

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi all, have enough combined OA to clear off my remaining HDB loan 120k from bank. (currently at capped - 2.5% interest)

Should i do it ? What are the down and upsides ?

theblueark

Reaction score
Hi all, have enough combined OA to clear off my remaining HDB loan 120k from bank. (currently at capped - 2.5% interest)

Should i do it ? What are the down and upsides ?

OA earns 3.5% for the first $20k, so as long as your bank loan still below 3.5%, keep at least the $20k inside.

The rest of your OA earns 2.5%, same as your bank interest now. No win no loss. Clear or don’t clear not much diff.

If your loan interest goes up somemore, or if you foresee that it’s likely to go up, then start to seriously consider paying off after weighing the incremental cost of increase vs the fees you have to pay for early repayment.

Immortal

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
OA earns 3.5% for the first $20k, so as long as your bank loan still below 3.5%, keep at least the $20k inside.

The rest of your OA earns 2.5%, same as your bank interest now. No win no loss. Clear or don’t clear not much diff.

If your loan interest goes up somemore, or if you foresee that it’s likely to go up, then start to seriously consider paying off after weighing the incremental cost of increase vs the fees you have to pay for early repayment.
Alright thanks.

ahJie89

Reaction score
Hi all, i am looking at my first property. Did an in principal approval and the bank approved around 510k. Have around 100k in OA.

Should I go for 1br condo?

My partner is not PR. Anyone can advise ?

Unbiasedsg_

Reaction score
Hi all, i am looking at my first property. Did an in principal approval and the bank approved around 510k. Have around 100k in OA.

A lot of factors to consider bro.
Family planning, like kids?
Once you purchase private, you have to wait a while before you can purchase HDB.
Have she applied for PR? Or is she going to? If so, I reckon it will be worth the wait. $510k can actually get you a BTO 5 room flat, or 4 room HDB resale in many non-matured estates.

atankaypoh

Reaction score
Hi,
For the increase from bank on the interest rate. Even in the fixed rate lock in term, bank can increase the interest rate at any time during the duration. Or it is fixed thru out the lock in term?

Thanks

Unbiasedsg_

Reaction score
Hi,
For the increase from bank on the interest rate. Even in the fixed rate lock in term, bank can increase the interest rate at any time during the duration. Or it is fixed thru out the lock in term?

Thanks
It will be fixed all the way according to the package, e.g. 2 years fixed then locked in 2 years, the rates will not change. Vice versa for the 3 years package.

andyhtc

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Please get a 4 or 5-room HDB as your first property. You will be almost always better this way.

You can't buy a HDB once you own a private property unless you sell the private property off.

ahJie89

Reaction score
A lot of factors to consider bro.
Family planning, like kids?
Once you purchase private, you have to wait a while before you can purchase HDB.
Have she applied for PR? Or is she going to? If so, I reckon it will be worth the wait. $510k can actually get you a BTO 5 room flat, or 4 room HDB resale in many non-matured estates.

Thank you for the reply.

Not intending to have kid at the moment and not easy for her to get PR as Govt has more stringent policies now.

I am still hoping that she can get PR soon so that we can get a 5 room bto. If not with 800k Budget, i am deciding 1 br or resale in mature estate.

ahJie89

Reaction score
Please get a 4 or 5-room HDB as your first property. You will be almost always better this way.

You can't buy a HDB once you own a private property unless you sell the private property off.

Hi Andyhtc,

Thank you the reply. Is getting a resale unit in a mature estate recommended? Will I lose money if I intends to sell it off ?

xSENCORPx

Reaction score
Hello, any mortage broker that i can reach out to? just want to get some advice in term of obtaining bank loan for EC

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.