Touring Hong Kong? Come ask me!

s7460597

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
any1 taken train from HK to shenzhen before? is it easy?

Are you thinking about Lowu? Not difficult but can get very crowded. Weekday is not too bad.

By train can take the new high speed rail from Kowloon West. Easier, faster but more expensive. I haven't tried yet

The other way is to take the MTR East rail line. It starts from Hung Hom. Depends on where you start your journey may need several transfers.

http://www.chinatouristmaps.com/travel/hong-kong/timetable.html

ShinigamiX

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Are you thinking about Lowu? Not difficult but can get very crowded. Weekday is not too bad.

By train can take the new high speed rail from Kowloon West. Easier, faster but more expensive. I haven't tried yet

The other way is to take the MTR East rail line. It starts from Hung Hom. Depends on where you start your journey may need several transfers.

http://www.chinatouristmaps.com/travel/hong-kong/timetable.html

no... i wanna go to hua qiang bei bro

SianBuForLyfe

Master Member
Reaction score
before cny few days miao jie/nu ren jie/walking streets/da ao got open? going during cny period, any advise where to go?

chows99

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I am going to HK from 12-18 June with my kids of 2 and my mom. Any recommendations for lodging at a 3 star hotel?

Last checked, metropark is not available while cordis is too expensive. Thanks all!

chows99

Reaction score
Anyone tried taking the bus service via New bridge to Macau/Zhuhai? Any idea how to go to the so call terminal complex from Airport? Their website seems very confusing. Many Thanks in Advance

Anyone tried it and will you share please.

s7460597

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi guys,

I am going to HK from 12-18 June with my kids of 2 and my mom. Any recommendations for lodging at a 3 star hotel?

Last checked, metropark is not available while cordis is too expensive. Thanks all!
My usual hotel. Evergreen hotel at Jordan. They have triple, quad rooms.

https://app-apac.thebookingbutton.com/properties/everygreenhkdirect?check_in_date=2019-06-12&check_out_date=2019-06-18&number_adults=2

tiger2013

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi guys,

Budget? One big room? Or two rooms?

s7460597

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Budget? One big room? Or two rooms?

Difficult to squeeze 5 including kids in budget hotel in Kowloon and HK Island. Most times not much room left to walk.
Minimum should take quad room.

Unless willing consider to tsuen wan etc

tiger2013

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Difficult to squeeze 5 including kids in budget hotel in Kowloon and HK Island. Most times not much room left to walk.
Minimum should take quad room.

Unless willing consider to tsuen wan etc

Yeah. Tsuen Wan side might have some hotels with big family rooms. But not very accessible IMO. I think Shatin there also got, I was looking around because I need a big room to practise my martial arts. Normal single room not enough space to move around, lol. :s13:

This time round, I'm staying in Heritage Lodge, located in Mei Foo. I booked the suite, which looks quite big. Only problem is, according to reviews, it's located on top of some hill, haha. Might not be suitable for their family.

chows99

Reaction score
My usual hotel. Evergreen hotel at Jordan. They have triple, quad rooms.

https://app-apac.thebookingbutton.com/properties/everygreenhkdirect?check_in_date=2019-06-12&check_out_date=2019-06-18&number_adults=2

Thanks so much for the help!

spinelli

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I have stayed there before. You do know the history of that place do you?

Yeah. Tsuen Wan side might have some hotels with big family rooms. But not very accessible IMO. I think Shatin there also got, I was looking around because I need a big room to practise my martial arts. Normal single room not enough space to move around, lol. :s13:

This time round, I'm staying in Heritage Lodge, located in Mei Foo. I booked the suite, which looks quite big. Only problem is, according to reviews, it's located on top of some hill, haha. Might not be suitable for their family.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.