what is Cat 1 security clearance in SG ? is it very hard to get ?

Calander

Reaction score
hi just wondering for G50 form, do they really check on your family members occupation? i have lost contact with my sibling. hence, i do not know his whereabouts.

thanks

yes they do check.

imagine if every applicants were to declare that they have lost contacts with their other members. i assume u will feel that it is something "riskier" to approve the clearance if u are the officer doing the approval

reddevil0728

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
hi just wondering for G50 form, do they really check on your family members occupation? i have lost contact with my sibling. hence, i do not know his whereabouts.

thanks
Then u just state you lost contact?

darkelf

Master Member
Reaction score
yes they do check.

imagine if every applicants were to declare that they have lost contacts with their other members. i assume u will feel that it is something "riskier" to approve the clearance if u are the officer doing the approval

if i just leave their details out of the form, will they check? i.e. dun fill in their details

reddevil0728

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
if i just leave their details out of the form, will they check? i.e. dun fill in their details

If you don’t fill in, you are declaring that you don’t have siblings. And if they find out, it will be integrity issue. You might as well don’t fill up to attack your own integrity.

Unless you got something to hide, full transparency is the best policy.

Babel fish

Master Member
Reaction score

thanks

If u declare as such (lost contact) be prep to explain as to why so. So better get ur explanation in order. They might come back with more questions as this is a very obvious flag.

reddevil0728

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
If u declare as such (lost contact) be prep to explain as to why so. So better get ur explanation in order. They might come back with more questions as this is a very obvious flag.

Not declaring is also an integrity issue. So please not too.

terrykorkor

Reaction score
I have purposely deleted my posting for some reason. If it's possible, do help me by deleting the reply too. Thank you very much.

Zaazoom

Reaction score
What is the criteria to pass Cat2A

I recently got an offer for a job, but I was told that I need to clear CAT2A to access before I could enter the premise. If i cannot pass My contract will get terminate.

Anyone know what is the criteria to clear?

I did not do anything wrong, but, very sadly I have one younger sibling who is very naughty by nature and have quite a number of police offence (not those very big/serious case, such as stealing from supermarket as such, but still offence), and currently serving his curfew (ordered by court). Even though he changed now, but I don't think this will change the bit that he did wrong before.

I was told that there are checks for families too.

Even though my parents are divorced. The sibling is not living with us and now inside Ns.

Will i not get clear because of it? I actually very like this job as the opportunity for this is so hard to get by.

Would please like to know the chances if I can pass my Cat2A?

reddevil0728

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I recently got an offer for a job, but I was told that I need to clear CAT2A to access before I could enter the premise. If i cannot pass My contract will get terminate.

I did not do anything wrong, but, very sadly I have one younger sibling who is very naughty by nature and have quite a number of police offence (not those very big/serious case, such as stealing from supermarket as such, but still offence), and currently serving his curfew (ordered by court). Even though he changed now, but I don't think this will change the bit that he did wrong before.

Even though my parents are divorced. The sibling is not living with us and now inside Ns.

Will i not get clear because of it? I actually very like this job as the opportunity for this is so hard to get by.

People here can only speculate. What’s the point of being your hopes up high or down, just based on what people say here?

Not like you can do anything right?

Zaazoom

Reaction score
People here can only speculate. What’s the point of being your hopes up high or down, just based on what people say here?

Not like you can do anything right?

Just trying to see anyone willing to share any info. I did not put in any single hopes in getting clearance for this job anymore as I know I will not be so lucky due to my family members past ignorance. Time to search for another one🤣

Chao_Ah_Tiong

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Only the military security department (MSD) people knows the exact criteria but I believe having divorced parents are not one of the criteria as I knew of people whose parents were divorced getting Cat 1 clearance.

But then for sure as compared to Cat 1 and Cat 1A it will be more easier to clear Cat 2A

Last edited:

Takagi

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
if i remember correctly, security clearance is cat2>cat2A>cat1>cat1A

so 2A is confidential and below. not sure how much your family situation will affect your clearance.

i do know i cleared 2A when i serving ns

reddevil0728

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Just trying to see anyone willing to share any info. I did not put in any single hopes in getting clearance for this job anymore as I know I will not be so lucky due to my family members past ignorance. Time to search for another one🤣

How does sharing info make any material difference to your situation leh?

reddevil0728

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
if i remember correctly, security clearance is cat2>cat2A>cat1>cat1A

so 2A is confidential and below. not sure how much your family situation will affect your clearance.

i do know i cleared 2A when i serving ns
Your sign denotes 2 is the highest.

Calander

Reaction score
I came across servicemen not able to get 2A clearance as they have a minor civilian case before. The case was not related in anyway but that was the reason for not getting cleared.

Basically, security clearance is a sensitive matter.

matey1982

Banned
Reaction score

think only MSD pple will know the criteria which r nvr disclosed to the public anyway

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.