Wireless bluetooth EAR BUDS recommendations

chesterqw

Great Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
Not yet, no chance to get to audition one.

The price of the Momentum is slightly higher than E8 at RRP, but since you said got a newer E8 with wireless charging (presuming just a wireless charging enabled case), I might just wait and see if I need to upgrade from my current E8.

seriously not going to be worth the money IMHO, but then again this hobby wasn't cheap to begin with.

Snoweagle

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
seriously not going to be worth the money IMHO, but then again this hobby wasn't cheap to begin with.

True, previously I used a DAP, amp and customs which I’ve retired them and went on to true wireless for the convenience. Yes I know the sound of true wireless can never match customs but easier to use overall.

Perhaps I’ll skip the Momentum and await the wireless charging case for the E8.

JackDulouz

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
According to the Verge article, the wireless charging case alone is already USD$200. A Meizu TW50 with USB-C and wireless charging case is only SGD$80. I rather spend the cash on a new Sennheiser TWE.

Btw I am using the E8 currently as well..

https://www-theverge-com.cdn.ampproj...-charging-case

True, previously I used a DAP, amp and customs which I*********ve retired them and went on to true wireless for the convenience. Yes I know the sound of true wireless can never match customs but easier to use overall.

Perhaps I*********ll skip the Momentum and await the wireless charging case for the E8.

Last edited:

Snoweagle

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

maumu

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Anyone tried the new Sennheiser Momentum true wireless?

been using it since I got it a month ago - actually the morning it was released at changi terminal 3. was looking to buy the Jabra elite active but the sales lady said the Sennheiser just came in.

it is so expensive u expect nothing but perfection from it. after using it for a month, my personal reviews are:

pros:
- comfortable, can wear for long hours without feeling any sore or numbness
- very compact design (including the case)
- usb-c charging, very convenient these days, has quick charge
- sound is pretty good. after all, it's a Sennheiser. comparable to the momentum wireless on-ear I had a couple of years ago.
- has the gimmicks that are helpful (auto-pause when remove bud, right side play only, transparent hearing with auto-pause, magnetic secure in case)
- battery life is decent (supposedly can last 4 hrs). I don't listen continuously for more than 3 hours and it's always charging when put into the case and I will then charge the case with the buds inside when I reach home at night

cons/not so great:
- not sure if it's because my phone is still Bluetooth 4.2 (the buds are 5.0), the connection is not very consistent, especially when i'm walking around or in crowded places... but I don't get those issues at those card readers/sensors (e.g. bus exits) which some people complained of for other brands
- software is so-so. no pre-set equalizers so you have to customize it (bass/treble) yourself. basically u move your finger around a 2-dimension plane to find the 'sweet spot' your preferences for bass/treble.

Snoweagle

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
been using it since I got it a month ago - actually the morning it was released at changi terminal 3. was looking to buy the Jabra elite active but the sales lady said the Sennheiser just came in.

it is so expensive u expect nothing but perfection from it. after using it for a month, my personal reviews are:

pros:
- sound is pretty good. after all, it's a Sennheiser. comparable to the momentum wireless on-ear I had a couple of years ago.
- has the gimmicks that are helpful (auto-pause when remove bud, right side play only, transparent hearing with auto-pause, magnetic secure in case)
- battery life is decent (supposedly can last 4 hrs). I don't listen continuously for more than 3 hours and it's always charging when put into the case and I will then charge the case with the buds inside when I reach home at night

cons/not so great:
- not sure if it's because my phone is still Bluetooth 4.2 (the buds are 5.0), the connection is not very consistent, especially when i'm walking around or in crowded places... but I don't get those issues at those card readers/sensors (e.g. bus exits) which some people complained of for other brands
- software is so-so. no pre-set equalizers so you have to customize it (bass/treble) yourself. basically u move your finger around a 2-dimension plane to find the 'sweet spot' your preferences for bass/treble.

Thanks for the details! So can I say the Momentum true wireless is connected to each other via Bluetooth rather than NFMI?

JackDulouz

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Is the warranty local? Cos from what i was told by Stereo, all are export set cos locally, they haven't been approved by IMDA.

pros:

cons/not so great:

maumu

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the details! So can I say the Momentum true wireless is connected to each other via Bluetooth rather than NFMI?

erm, according to this amazon page, it says they are connected via NFMI. I didn't notice any lag at all between left and right buds anyway.

Is the warranty local? Cos from what i was told by Stereo, all are export set cos locally, they haven't been approved by IMDA.

I was told by the sales person at changi T3 that the warranty is local. just bring to Sennheiser Singapore will do. anyway, my previous momentum on-ear was bought via amazon and the warranty was international. I sent it in for repair once and no issues there. I supposed it is the same for all Sennheiser products...

Snoweagle

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
erm, according to this amazon page, it says they are connected via NFMI. I didn't notice any lag at all between left and right buds anyway.

Because NFMI is the better connection as compared to Bluetooth. I rarely have any sound cut off on my E8 and even if it did, only a split-second.

kirium76

Reaction score
I saw Jabra released the evolve 65T. Looks like elite 65T though.

Sent from HUAWEI LYA-L29 using GAGT

Shdwfalcon

Banned
Reaction score
Anyone tried the new Sennheiser Momentum true wireless?
I did. The best I have heard so far, and the only one that can sync videos on my LG G5 perfectly.

Sound wise, runner up I would say is the SP700N. 65T sounds worse than CKR7TW.

If you are looking for your first true wireless and you are not on a tight budget, it is a good choice.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.