Redmi Note 7

squarepipe

Reaction score
Maybe I can replace my mom og redmi 1 4g phone with this. Since the only thing she find lacking is the camera

xonix

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
wow so is fake 48mp! better wait for pro then

It depends whether you are expecting this phone to act like a $200 or $2000 phone. If all you do is post on social media, I don't see the big fuss over this. Besides, within the same price category, daylight (48mp) and low light (12mp pixel binning ) is perfectly acceptable to me.

kazuki666

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
It depends whether you are expecting this phone to act like a $200 or $2000 phone. If all you do is post on social media, I don't see the big fuss over this. Besides, within the same price category, daylight (48mp) and low light (12mp pixel binning ) is perfectly acceptable to me.
Not forgetting the memory space of each picture file, which is why I am guessing pro might release with 128gb. But then again, Mi may not agree else Redmi phones are almost as good as their Mi phones already..
I am more kiasee, wait for global rom then join the users bah. And I am actually skeptical if Mi Singapore will follow the 18 months warranty when it's official release here....

Sent from Xiaomi REDMI NOTE 4 using GAGT

Audiology93

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
U also still using RMN4 too? Me is using it as my daily phone lor. :p

I was thinking along that too. But watching Lei Jun's video how he strongly encourage users not to use screen protector and assuring the R&D has ensure good scratch/drop proof...
Because I was and amd still using RMN4, thats why cannot relate to the free casing. :p

RMN7 camera seems to be slightly lose to F1 under bright lights? I be curious night shots comparison, because Lei Jun is quite confident for RMN7 night shots are not bad for the RM series.
But no matter how good a glass is, a fine sand is enough to make a scratch on it and it severely affect the resale value. I intend to sell it after a week or two so if there's a small defect so it's a risk I can't take but if you intend to use it for a long time then it shouldn't matter too much.

Its a real 48mp but after pixel binning, it will output 12mp images just like how the 40mp sensor on the P20 Pro and Mate 20 Pro output 10mp images. A 12mp 1.6um image is much better than 48mp 0.8um in lowlight.

Sent from HUAWEI Mate 20 using GAGT

chaiscool

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Non ufs memory a bigger deal imo, affect user experience/ performance. Ufs memory phones are quicker and more responsive which improve the overall experience

Don’t think redmi line would ever get features such as ufs memory, nfc, water resistant due to segmentation

Last edited:

mankind66

Reaction score
Non ufs memory a bigger deal imo, affect user experience/ performance. Ufs memory phones are quicker and more responsive which improve the overall experience

Don’t think redmi line would ever get features such as ufs memory, nfc, water resistant due to segmentation
Redmi Note 7 was introduced just two days ago, but the official announcement missed to mention an important feature - the ports and buttons have watertight seals. Xiaomi's CEO, Lei Jun now confirmed that on Weibo.

He says that the engineering team put a lot of effort to design watertight seals for all the weak points of the handset - the SIM card tray, USB-C port, 3.5mm audio jack, the buttons and you can even find some around the camera module. Moreover, there's a membrane on the loudspeaker as well.

Krabs.

Honorary Member
Reaction score
in the video he said it's rainwater and sweat resistant .... but cannot put in water tank

confused

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I am looking forward to this phone, seriously considered the Note 6 Pro, but now will instead wait a couple weeks for the Note 7 and then see how if have CNY sale or not. :)

sunsetbay

Reaction score
U also still using RMN4 too? Me is using it as my daily phone lor. :p

I was thinking along that too. But watching Lei Jun's video how he strongly encourage users not to use screen protector and assuring the R&D has ensure good scratch/drop proof...
Because I was and amd still using RMN4, thats why cannot relate to the free casing. :p

RMN7 camera seems to be slightly lose to F1 under bright lights? I be curious night shots comparison, because Lei Jun is quite confident for RMN7 night shots are not bad for the RM series.

the youtube camera comparison is most likely fake~ there are many similar youtube photo comparison channels w/o showing the actual phones and w/o doing video comparison~ most china phone photos hv watermark features, why conveniently turn off~?

the photos that they are showcasing are random places of all over the world~ surely, the "reviewer" won't travel to different countries just to do a photo comparison of two phones~ :s22:

Krabs.

Honorary Member
Reaction score
the youtube camera comparison is most likely fake~ there are many similar youtube photo comparison channels w/o showing the actual phones and w/o doing video comparison~ most china phone photos hv watermark features, why conveniently turn off~?

the photos that they are showcasing are random places of all over the world~ surely, the "reviewer" won't travel to different countries just to do a photo comparison of two phones~ :s22:
they take the official media release photos from XM and make a video slideshow out of it for viewcount

confused

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
The price is close to China's price and with coupon it's less, but I would rather wait till official global rom is released.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.