Citibank Maxigain Savings Account

demoforce1

Master Member
Reaction score
for my case, hitting the min $500 minimum spend is not an issue. BOC Family Card changed their rebate T&Cs recently that it is not worth to continue with that card based on my spending pattern.
Yes, switch to cimb visa signature

ekardo

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
can I check I need to top up to 70k by end of this month (or end of Dec?) to get the base interest?

Boy who Procrastinates

Reaction score
Yes if you have reached Counter 6, there is a safety net at Counter 6 which you can withdraw from your account without resetting the counter.

Currently, the SIBOR is at 1.64125% so the base interest rate can be approximately 1.15% from 2 Jan. You can sum this and the bonus interest rate based on the counter that you are at to derive the total interest rate.

Wrote a piece on the revision to help provide clarity
https://theboywhoprocrastinates.blogspot.com/2018/12/revision-of-interest-rates-for-citi.html

the base and bonus interest only applies to the first $150k so there's no point keeping more than $150k right?

Yes, the base and bonus interest only applies to first $150k after the revision. Balance beyond 150k will only be earning 0.05%. Not advisable to put any amount beyond $150k.

SKenny

Banned
Reaction score
What is the min amt for this maxisave without penalty?. Assuming that I already have more than $70k in other citibank accounts?

I am trying to build up the counter before moving money in.

fun4life

Reaction score
- So from Jan onwards, if can't meet min $70k, the max interest rate aka Bonus rate is 1.2%, right?

- If to pull all money out, what is the monthly penalty fee (fall below fee?)

- Can close the account online, or must go to brach office?

Thanks.

Last edited:

tornedo

Reaction score
- So from Jan onwards, if can't meet min $70k, the max interest rate aka Bonus rate is 1.2%, right?

- If to pull all money out, what is the monthly penalty fee (fall below fee?)

- Can close the account online, or must go to brach office?

Thanks.

Thats almost kill off all those maxigain accounts that have below 70k fund. Time to move out :(

Last edited:

foxer77

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
bank might had too much players in this account & with the increase interest rate therefore limit the number by increase the minimum sum

kurtgoh

Master Member
Reaction score
thanks to you guys..

i didn't notice the change.. just shift the fund to fulfill the 70..

SKenny

Banned
Reaction score
I am thinking opening a few maxigain accounts (via Joint acct) with a min amount (say $1.5k) to grow the counter. Once it is sizable, then move in the money.

Sinkie

Greater Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
I am thinking opening a few maxigain accounts (via Joint acct) with a min amount (say $1.5k) to grow the counter. Once it is sizable, then move in the money.

Needs $15,000 each account to grow, or else $15 below TRB fee will be charged every month

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.