SBF - November 2018

48sc96

Reaction score
Thank you for sharing!

Anyone has any idea how the appointments would be scheduled? From previous SBFs, I noticed that the appointments can clear as fast as over 20 per day? But how would HDB prioritise the areas? anyone has insights?

i wish to know this too..

lovemyself123

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
That’s good to know! I’m planning to go down to survey the site once they send me the flat details. Hope to shortlist those units that i like

what do you think is bad about temple/church/fire station?
i having the problem of deciding 210B or 211A.. 211A you get more spacious view at the higher floor but the problem is that the living room/bedrooms face temple/church

agenr0027

Reaction score
i having the problem of deciding 210B or 211A.. 211A you get more spacious view at the higher floor but the problem is that the living room/bedrooms face temple/church

My personal consideration for temple was the incense paper burning which may intensify during 1st or 15th of the month or major temple occasions, so not really keen as I'm asthmatic. As for fire station, I believe there'll be irregular alarms to turn out the fireman during emergencies, which may happen at anytime of the day, so if you're a light sleeper then GG. Of course, this can be rectified through proper sound proofing (using sound proofing curtains, which is not very expensive).

I would prefer the units facing the canal la, machiam got river flowing infront of your house, quite nice:s12:

Dreamscape07

Reaction score

I’m in dilemma for that too. I guess will really have to see what’s left when its my turn. I think both have quite alot of units left. I think as long as on higher floors i should be ok.

Dreamscape07

Reaction score
My personal consideration for temple was the incense paper burning which may intensify during 1st or 15th of the month or major temple occasions, so not really keen as I'm asthmatic. As for fire station, I believe there'll be irregular alarms to turn out the fireman during emergencies, which may happen at anytime of the day, so if you're a light sleeper then GG. Of course, this can be rectified through proper sound proofing (using sound proofing curtains, which is not very expensive).

I would prefer the units facing the canal la, machiam got river flowing infront of your house, quite nice:s12:

The canal water is muddy de, not sure if there will foul smell. Really need to go survey the site first to decide.

The temple is called youth mission? Will there be incense burning? I’m not sure the activities they do

Iamafan

Reaction score
i just called up HDB to enquire about this.
i was told that on the first appointment date, we only need to pay the booking fee. if you have applied any CPF grant, HDB will call you back after grant approved and pay the d/p , stamp fees and etc which is months later.
You can check with HDB..

correct me if im wrong... :)

How many months?

Anony214

Reaction score
can i know whats your ballot number? have you gotten your appointment date ?
Cheers

My ballot number is 12X/130. Not sure if it’s a good or bad thing 🤣 hopefully I still stand a chance in choosing.
What about you? I think our selection month is March right?

lovemyself123

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

the flats on the other side facing river not many left. the big temple is more for lessons, not much burning of incense paper involved. the small one may have

lovemyself123

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
The canal water is muddy de, not sure if there will foul smell. Really need to go survey the site first to decide.

The temple is called youth mission? Will there be incense burning? I’m not sure the activities they do

yeah the big temple is more for holding lessons, not so much of incense burning.
ya face canal may not be good also. i stay near "river" now also even though about 100m away sometimes still will have a foul smell

Brown0105

Reaction score
I'm hoping for units completing in 2021! But my number is not great so I'll just see what's left. Northshore would be great! What about you?

I’m hoping for completed units! I like the unit completing in 2021, but too bad we need a complete unit to move in now

Dreamscape07

Reaction score
yeah the big temple is more for holding lessons, not so much of incense burning.
ya face canal may not be good also. i stay near "river" now also even though about 100m away sometimes still will have a foul smell

Ya I remember every time drive pass the bridge will smell something. Not sure if its from the canal

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.