*OFFICIAL* Standard Chartered Bank Online Equities Trading

Zink00

Reaction score
I just close esaver account.
Now my scb only all settlement accounts and trading accounts.
But take note I haven't do any withdrawing out of scb yet. most probably if i want to do that need open accounts...

Can close? The scb guy told me need to open a saving acc to apply the trading acc.

bin8lee

Reaction score
Hi guys, I just signed up for SC Priority Banking, but I only have 62k worth of equities and 138k worth of cash. I just wanted to take advantage of the lower trading fees so I signed up. But the problem is that it seems I won't be buying in soon. So I am just wondering what can I do with the 138k worth of cash?

Should I put in fixed D? Bonds? or some kind of dividend stock?

Anyway, how do I utilize the free airport passes? Nobody contacted me yet, despite me verifying that I have been awarded priority status already.

Bonus$aver + e$aver

limster

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi guys, I just signed up for SC Priority Banking, but I only have 62k worth of equities and 138k worth of cash. I just wanted to take advantage of the lower trading fees so I signed up. But the problem is that it seems I won't be buying in soon. So I am just wondering what can I do with the 138k worth of cash?

Anyway, how do I utilize the free airport passes? Nobody contacted me yet, despite me verifying that I have been awarded priority status already.

Of course your RM will give you an introductory call and can answer your questions and can arrange to meet you at one of their PB centres (theres a large one at Plaza Singapura, but nothing fantastic compared to other banks).

If you are so anxious, you can call the RM rather than wait for his or her call.

:s13:

MajinBuui

Reaction score
Can close? The scb guy told me need to open a saving acc to apply the trading acc.

I think there is a minimum period for esaver. Best is call and find out. Mine is open long ago then I close.

Last edited:

queerquirks

Master Member
Reaction score
just starting to get into investing, want to check, if i got sg stocks in dbs vickers, can this be sold on stan chart platform? or must do the transfer.

limster

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
just starting to get into investing, want to check, if i got sg stocks in dbs vickers, can this be sold on stan chart platform? or must do the transfer.

if you just started, what made you change your mind to want to change brokers so fast?

queerquirks

Master Member
Reaction score
if you just started, what made you change your mind to want to change brokers so fast?

oh no, I haven't buy yet. still in the process of setting up the accounts, wondering if it can be done.

based on the fees, its better to use vickers for long term sg stocks and stanchart for perhaps short team sg stocks and us markets. wondering if the stocks would be interchangeable between platforms.

endlssorrow

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
It will be good and efficient to read through all the sexperts who had lost and advice over the mmonths and years !

Good luck
oh no, I haven't buy yet. still in the process of setting up the accounts, wondering if it can be done.

based on the fees, its better to use vickers for long term sg stocks and stanchart for perhaps short team sg stocks and us markets. wondering if the stocks would be interchangeable between platforms.

endlssorrow

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Show the picture to verify first

bjornng

Master Member
Reaction score
does stand chart selling get some sort of lesser priority?

i've been trying to sell a stock the same price that it's trading at, put my order in first thing in the morning everyday. past 3 days have not even been filled.

is it because there is not much volume? or am i just suay ah?

xRenol

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

I thought SCB is still cheaper than DBS Vickers for SGX?

yumiko33

Reaction score
New to scb trading.

Recently I funded my usd settlement account by transferring money from e-saver. And I bought two US stock (approx $2.5K each) to try out and now I just realised that my profits will be wiped out if I convert it back to sgd.

I thought about the possible options....

Don’t sell unless net profit is way higher than the loss from forex.

Sell them off and don’t convert until the rates are better (May take a while)

Totally regret trading in US stocks via Scb..

What other options do I have ?

queerquirks

Master Member
Reaction score
It will be good and efficient to read through all the sexperts who had lost and advice over the mmonths and years !

Good luck
yep, been trying to read and take in more knowledge first before starting on any trades

I thought SCB is still cheaper than DBS Vickers for SGX?
SCB is cheaper overall but custodian, i believe 10sgd for buy or sell. DBSV is cdp, for prefunded account, buy is 10sgd but sell at 25sgd

Was thinking to put the long term stocks in dbsv like reits or etf and let it grow. While SCB for the shorter period like monthly or quarterly balancing. i'm just starting out, so all advice appreciated. trying to make sense of everything step by step.

xRenol

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
SCB has custodian fee? Not that I know of since I have never been charged for it.
But DBSV instead has custodian fee (previously don't but they flip prata) and I am now still getting charged for it!

I think what he meant was the stock is under custodian account for SCB vs CDP for DBSV.

Layers

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
yep, been trying to read and take in more knowledge first before starting on any trades

SCB is cheaper overall but custodian, i believe 10sgd for buy or sell. DBSV is cdp, for prefunded account, buy is 10sgd but sell at 25sgd

Was thinking to put the long term stocks in dbsv like reits or etf and let it grow. While SCB for the shorter period like monthly or quarterly balancing. i'm just starting out, so all advice appreciated. trying to make sense of everything step by step.
if buy foreign stock also custodian.

u can accumulate to a certain amount then transfer to cdp

Sent from Samsung SM-N950F using GAGT

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.