Any upcoming affordable one room private condo?

hyman

Reaction score
Define "Affordable". :)

Tips:

1. Start looking from OCR areas.
2. No harm looking at Resale.

Pokémon

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Looking around for single ownership

State a budget, rather than 'affordable'... Some may find $1m affordable, and we have no idea which category you fall under.

hyman gave good tips. You might want add on FH/999/99 into the criteria, depending if it is for own stay or investment.

decibel.

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Pokémon;114125085 said:
State a budget, rather than 'affordable'... Some may find $1m affordable, and we have no idea which category you fall under.

hyman gave good tips. You might want add on FH/999/99 into the criteria, depending if it is for own stay or investment.
Sorry for own stay. Probably 500/600 k and below

Pokémon

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Sorry for own stay. Probably 500/600 k and below

It is getting difficult to find 1BR new launches within $600k nowadays. Even the ulu Tapestry (99 years) started at $598k, and likely all already sold for those within your price range.

So, are you still considering resale or new after this?

For a start, I would suggest that you define your needs based on:
i) Location
ii) Budget
iii) Resale or New
iv) FH/999/99

Somehow, we cannot help you much as only you know best what your needs are. Some might prefer price over location if one has a car.

You can also use PropertyGuru/99.co to find which are the 1BR resale listed within your budget and work from there. Get an agent, if necessary.

You might need to up your budget. There will be a new launch at Flora Drive (might be ulu also for some, more for investment if you ask me), FH, $6XXk - The Jovell.

1993newbie

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Upcoming Treasure @ Tampines if you looking for new launch lo.

Probably below 600k.

If not resale below 600k can easily get around flora drive area or u Wan resort living below 520k, u can consider Parc Rosewood at Woodlands. Woodlands will be developed hence future appreciation is guaranteed.

Looking around for single ownership

kiatme

Reaction score
new launches :
treasury @ tampines
florence @ hougang

can wait for the indicative price, dont think it will be 600k though, unless they design super small 1 bedders

1 bedders that might / closest too 600k
- jovell @ loyang/changi
- riverfront residences @ hougang
- tapestry @ tampines ave 10
- parc botannia (1+study)

Wimsey

Reaction score
Don't think Florence Residences will be that cheap. Land cost for it already quite close to Affinity and not much less than for Gardens. As of now, the cheapest one bedders still has to be Jovell at Pasir Ris and Riverfront at Hougang. Next would be Tapestry, but they are all not within walking distance to MRT station. But Treasure at Tampines got chance, as indicative seems to start from $1,2xx PSF up. Possible since the land cost there was $200 PSF lower than for Florence or Affinity. And Sim Lian usually don't charge huge profit margin. So maybe can get $5xxK or low $6xxK for a low floor one bedder. The smallest one bedder here starts at 463 sq ft, which is a bit bigger than for the others.

kiatme

Reaction score
How can the indicative be out when the floor plans are not out yet haha

kiatme

Reaction score
see the price which it was bought at. add agar construction cost and mark up with some profit.
how can indicative be known when floor plans not even approved yet.
we can agar agar guess the PSF, but personally i would be more interested to know about the floor plans, since URA implemented the new ruling on shoebox size last year. Think the floor plans will determine how great the sales will be for florence

with an increment of 10-20% minimum size, 60 SF could mean additional 70-100k ? The floor plans for these 2 projects + PSF for the project will be interesting to see, considering the increased mortgage rates, lower PSF from competitors. indicative could easily be more than 100k vs other new launch projects for the smallest unit

Treasure will face competition for the new EC slated to launch next year (hoihup won the tender) (the TOP date will probably be faster than treasure, just see how fast hundred palms has been built) + Tapestry and Alps.
Pros of treasury though is : vicinity no condos, no competition, near wet market and plenty of primary schools around, a lot of tampines folks are interested in the project

for florence, i think will be a challenge to sell. why ? logan is a new developer in sg, dont think they can afford to sell as cheap as oxley (affinity/riverfront), and the area is pretty dry from the sales of affinity / riverfront / gardens, some people are hopeful that florence sells cheaper than the other projects... we shall see :D

*Edit* I am not sure if the minimum sqft affects these 2 projects, i am assuming it is, feel free to correct me if i'm wrong

Last edited:

Luc777

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
no ah just agarations only. i just became an agent this year so only learnt abit of the calculations.

x = land price sold at (including top up lease etc)
y = estimated construction costs of maybe 300-500?
so maybe 15% profit will be 1.15(x+y)?

still a noob here so perhaps the more senior agents can better advice on the calculations of the indicative pricing. im also learning everyday from this forum. haha. :)

Wimsey

Reaction score
how can indicative be known when floor plans not even approved yet.
we can agar agar guess the PSF, but personally i would be more interested to know about the floor plans, since URA implemented the new ruling on shoebox size last year. Think the floor plans will determine how great the sales will be for florence

with an increment of 10-20% minimum size, 60 SF could mean additional 70-100k ? The floor plans for these 2 projects + PSF for the project will be interesting to see, considering the increased mortgage rates, lower PSF from competitors. indicative could easily be more than 100k vs other new launch projects for the smallest unit

Treasure will face competition for the new EC slated to launch next year (hoihup won the tender) (the TOP date will probably be faster than treasure, just see how fast hundred palms has been built) + Tapestry and Alps.
Pros of treasury though is : vicinity no condos, no competition, near wet market and plenty of primary schools around, a lot of tampines folks are interested in the project

for florence, i think will be a challenge to sell. why ? logan is a new developer in sg, dont think they can afford to sell as cheap as oxley (affinity/riverfront), and the area is pretty dry from the sales of affinity / riverfront / gardens, some people are hopeful that florence sells cheaper than the other projects... we shall see :D

*Edit* I am not sure if the minimum sqft affects these 2 projects, i am assuming it is, feel free to correct me if i'm wrong

Nope. The new minimum floor area thing doesn't affect Florence Residences or Treasure, cos the land was bought long before the ruling came in. Also, the floor plans would have been approved by BCA and the other government departments for some time already, for them to be able to launch in the next couple of months.

But think you are right that Treasure at Tampines will get more buyers, as not much competition around there. Florence Residences demand should come more from those living around the Kovan area. But the news that just came out on the Cross-Island MRT line might revive some interest in Affinity / Riverfront and could boost demand for Florence.

microtek

Master Member
Reaction score
Why buy new when you can get a lot of 1BR condos near MRT for about $650K. Can move in / rent out right away too.

actan1

Reaction score
i am interested to get either a 2 or 2 bed @ treasure... any chance the price will be lower that 1200 per sqft. thanks

Pokémon

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
i am interested to get either a 2 or 2 bed @ treasure... any chance the price will be lower that 1200 per sqft. thanks

2 or 2...?

You are focusing on the wrong stuff. Instead of asking on the psf, you should set yourself a budget on the max you could afford comfortably, including BSD/ABSD and conveyancing fees.

Indicative price is S$8xxk at indicative 624sq ft for the smallest 2BR Classic. Simple math will tell you that it is impossible to be lower than $1,200 psf.

actan1

Reaction score
2 or 2...?

You are focusing on the wrong stuff. Instead of asking on the psf, you should set yourself a budget on the max you could afford comfortably, including BSD/ABSD and conveyancing fees.

Indicative price is S$8xxk at indicative 624sq ft for the smallest 2BR Classic. Simple math will tell you that it is impossible to be lower than $1,200 psf.

hi, thanks, i try not to exceed 1m... all charges above have been cater for...

Pokémon

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
hi, thanks, i try not to exceed 1m... all charges above have been cater for...

The indicative for the 3BR Classic is S$1.1xm, which would most likely exceed your budget.

Going by it, I suppose you would still have a chance for a bigger, or better view 2BR stack at $1,3xx psf however.

Anyway, it is still too early to tell for now.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.