Nvidia Shield TV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aditshar

Reaction score
It is under Geforce Now but only supported games are available. The service is available in Sg. Currently it is free but soon there will be subscription. Well if that happens, you can still use the gaming pc mirror to the nvidia shield tv.

Playing the game from nvidia server.. Is that Geforce Now? Is that service available in Singapore though?

I'm tempted to buy nvidia shield to play at my office whenever lunch time or so...

Although it's at $280 IN Qoo10 right now. Quite expensive.

jer8411

Reaction score
help on nvidia shield tv box

Hi guys, new here.. I just got my nvidia tv box and i wish to watch all channels like those standard tv box. Can anyone kindly help guide me thru the configuration? Not using an android phone either so very new to me. Thanks in advance,,

imacbie

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi guys, new here.. I just got my nvidia tv box and i wish to watch all channels like those standard tv box. Can anyone kindly help guide me thru the configuration? Not using an android phone either so very new to me. Thanks in advance,,
there is no standard tv channels on the shield tv

Muhammad Adi

Reaction score
Thanks.. So what can i do to watch the channels like hbo,national geographic, discovery etc..?

Hey man. You do not need to have to register to starhub or anything like that. You could just sideload (download) apps to watch netgeo hbo etc.
App such as mobdro will allow you to watch international channels example: disney channel, hbo, cartoon network etc

jer8411

Reaction score
Bought it as i saw the good reviews and able to play games and watch tv channels. To sync with my google home too..

shachok86

Reaction score
Bought it as i saw the good reviews and able to play games and watch tv channels. To sync with my google home too..

for legal route can use netflix / hulu / viu to watch tv series etc... for other route like paid iptv better check other thread that have more discussion on paid iptv / kodi... recently govt crackdown on several paid iptv apps...

xolatw

Reaction score
My shield tv remote somehow consumes a lot of battery. After changing new batteries, it lasts only for a month or 2 max. Anyone else having this prob?

Aditshar

Reaction score
Maybe you use it often. I havent change battery since June 2018. I hardly use it. I make use the controller most of the time

My shield tv remote somehow consumes a lot of battery. After changing new batteries, it lasts only for a month or 2 max. Anyone else having this prob?

xolatw

Reaction score
Maybe you use it often. I havent change battery since June 2018. I hardly use it. I make use the controller most of the time

must be something wrong with my remote then, I don't even switch on my shield tv everyday. guess i will have to find an alternative

Aditshar

Reaction score
Another reason maybe that your home maybe noise, the remote mic detect voices. You may want to turn off the voice detection on your shield. It will prolong the battery life on your remote.

must be something wrong with my remote then, I don't even switch on my shield tv everyday. guess i will have to find an alternative

xiaofan

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
For info only, there is a report on using Youku TV version 酷喵影视 apk under Nvidia Shield TV by paying the 酷喵 VIP (not normal Youku VIP) and the report says no need VPN to access Youku content and 4k is good.

酷喵影视 apk is available from Dangbei market. You may need WeChat China Wallet or Alipay China Wallet or 3rd party to pay for the VIP. Right now it costs RMB199 per year and you get access to many movies without ads, 1080p HDR and some 4k as well. You get access to Chinese movies and western movies as well.

The same VIP can be used in Youku mobile version on your iPhone/iPad and Android phone/tablet where at most you get 1080p HDR.

I myself paid for the normal Youku VIP and I can access Youku content without VPN and the 1080p HDR movie looks good on my Huawei P20. The only thing which is a bit not so good is that I do not see Cantonese 配音 for Hong Kong movies but only Mandarin. Not so sure about the 酷喵 version.

Last edited:

wilflare

Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
hmmm how are you guys even finding the apps for StarHub Go, Viu and Toggle?
I can't find it on my store or it says cannot be downloaded to my device

ktyandkyc

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
For info only, there is a report on using Youku TV version 酷喵影视 apk under Nvidia Shield TV by paying the 酷喵 VIP (not normal Youku VIP) and the report says no need VPN to access Youku content and 4k is good.

酷喵影视 apk is available from Dangbei market. You may need WeChat China Wallet or Alipay China Wallet or 3rd party to pay for the VIP. Right now it costs RMB199 per year and you get access to many movies without ads, 1080p HDR and some 4k as well. You get access to Chinese movies and western movies as well.

The same VIP can be used in Youku mobile version on your iPhone/iPad and Android phone/tablet where at most you get 1080p HDR.

I myself paid for the normal Youku VIP and I can access Youku content without VPN and the 1080p HDR movie looks good on my Huawei P20. The only thing which is a bit not so good is that I do not see Cantonese 配音 for Hong Kong movies but only Mandarin. Not so sure about the 酷喵 version.
Thanks much for sharing. May I know for the youku normal content, is there a wide selection of Western movies or dramas

xiaofan

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Thanks much for sharing. May I know for the youku normal content, is there a wide selection of Western movies or dramas

Movies probably yes. Dramas too. But I am not really into western stuff other than those nice cartoon movies.

You can check the list by yourself to judge. You need to understand Chinese to proceed.

US dramas:

http://list.youku.com/category/show/c_97_s_6_d_1_a_美国.html?spm=a2h1n.8251845.filterPanel.5!2~1~3!7~A

US movies:
http://list.youku.com/category/show/c_96_s_6_d_1_a_美国.html?spm=a2h1n.8251845.filterPanel.5!2~1~3!7~A

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.