Huawei P20. The Triple Threat!

yhw22

Master Member
Reaction score
If not wrong 1st 3 month cover accidentally warranty.

Sent from HUAWEI COR-L29 using GAGT

lidocaine

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
4 months plus liao... Since purchase... Wondering if I have to pay to have it fixed, better to go Huawei official service center or SG Handphone shop.

Maybe find time go to JB Handphone shop but now not a convenient time.

Perhaps phone repair or Huawei sexperts can shed some light

If not wrong 1st 3 month cover accidentally warranty.

cruizer_ph

Reaction score
if back glass cracked like that and it wasn't repaired by Huawei but a 3rd party...I wonder if the phone will retain its IP waterproof rating?...

fi5hbone

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
4 months plus liao... Since purchase... Wondering if I have to pay to have it fixed, better to go Huawei official service center or SG Handphone shop.

Maybe find time go to JB Handphone shop but now not a convenient time.

Perhaps phone repair or Huawei sexperts can shed some light
Go service centre first. In case got other problems. Not worth it since it is only 4 months.

susubendera

Reaction score
EMUI desktop mode:

when the app (that's supported) is going fullscreen.... how to go back to non fullscreen?
i can't find home, i can't close the app (youtube in fullscreen) I can't go back, and i can't even access multi tabs

i have to get out of the desktop mode then redo what i want to do

fi5hbone

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
EMUI desktop mode:

when the app (that's supported) is going fullscreen.... how to go back to non fullscreen?
i can't find home, i can't close the app (youtube in fullscreen) I can't go back, and i can't even access multi tabs

What is this desktop mode?

yhw22

Master Member
Reaction score
EMUI desktop mode:

Android pie will optimise it base on app support. So u can't change it. Those u found under setting is not optimised.

liemsc

Reaction score
Singtel user, the update is here.. For mine I saw the update from hicare app

Got the EMUI 9 on my P20 Pro yesterday on Singtel (HiCare). Seems that the screen on time is longer now (4 hrs SOT now with still 45% batt left). Does anybody else think so too?

xiaofan

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Just upgraded to Android 9.0.0 and the small updates. SingTel user here. The upgrade process is pretty smooth. Not noticing any differences yet other than the app switcher which is now similar to iOS and I feel more at home with. (Added after posting).

By the way, I ordered ugreen USB C dock from Taobao for RMB338 or about S$68 (excluding GST and shipment charges) to try with the P20 EMUI Desktop mode, it is said to be compatible with Mate 10 series, P20 series and Mate 20 series. USB 3.0 ports, 100M Ethernet and HDMI.

Last edited:

yhw22

Master Member
Reaction score
Just upgraded to Android 9.0.0 and the small updates. SingTel user here. The upgrade process is pretty smooth. Not noticing any differences yet.

By the way, I ordered ugreen USB C dock from Taobao for RMB338 or about S$68 (excluding GST and shipment charges) to try with the P20 EMUI Desktop mode, it is said to be compatible with Mate 10 series, P20 series and Mate 20 series. USB 3.0 ports, 100M Ethernet and HDMI.
Can share link?

xiaofan

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Last edited:

Sen

Honorary Member
Reaction score
Anyone tried sending in their huawei devices w/o receipt for repair? Are they strict with this? Thx

Purple_Summer

Reaction score
Hi,
I'm not able to decide between a P20 and a P20 pro. I'm slightly tight on budget.

May I know what is the battery life for P20? As in how long can the phone last before needing to charge?

cruizer_ph

Reaction score
P20 battery is 3400 mAh, compared to 4000 mAh for P20 Pro. In gsmarena review, battery endurance of the P20 Pro was 89 hrs while that of the P20 was 75 hrs.

TitanSmall

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Anyone tried sending in their huawei devices w/o receipt for repair? Are they strict with this? Thx

They will base on your IMEI to determine the manufacturing date to determine if still under warranty

Sen

Honorary Member
Reaction score
Good to know. thx
icon14.gif

They will base on your IMEI to determine the manufacturing date to determine if still under warranty

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.