NIE admission anyone? - Part 2

Cesium-137

Reaction score
Application will be opening soon, which subjects do you think will have the most opening?

When i was at the signing , i saw a few non-locals being selected(or at least i think they were as their chinese accent was quite thick) for chinese language PGDE. So i guess if you are Singaporean & good at chinese/mandarin you should stand quite a good chance to be shortlisted for the interview as it is no secret that for civil service jobs, first priority goes to Singaporeans first.

The others in my opinion would be English, literature , Arts and music.

The mathematics and sciences would be rather congested.

If you want to increase your chances, apply for primary school over secondary as they need more teachers at the primary school level.

starmarshalxb

Reaction score
When i was at the signing , i saw a few non-locals being selected(or at least i think they were as their chinese accent was quite thick) for chinese language PGDE. So i guess if you are Singaporean & good at chinese/mandarin you should stand quite a good chance to be shortlisted for the interview as it is no secret that for civil service jobs, first priority goes to Singaporeans first.

The others in my opinion would be English, literature , Arts and music.

The mathematics and sciences would be rather congested.

If you want to increase your chances, apply for primary school over secondary as they need more teachers at the primary school level.

Is it true? I’m SPR for 15 years and I’m a Chinese national. I don’t have any accent for my native language. I can speak mandarin at reporter level. Clear and nice. I graduated from NTU EEE. I got interviews from MOE only for primary Chinese level, I went for medical check and had been rejected. I read quite a lot of Chinese Literatures, including ancient and modern ones.

So, what say you?

Last edited:

Cesium-137

Reaction score
Yes good luck everyone! Does anyone know how much the medical checkup is and how long it will take?

Its free, the cost is covered under MOE. The medical is quite fast, it really depends on the waiting time(# of people in front of you). For me it took around 1.5- 2 hours(but the test itself 5 mins).

Cesium-137

Reaction score
Is it true? I’m SPR for 15 years and I’m a Chinese national. I don’t have any accent for my native language. I can speak mandarin at reporter level. Clear and nice. I graduated from NTU EEE. I got interviews from MOE only for primary Chinese level, I went for medical check and had been rejected. I read quite a lot of Chinese Literatures, including ancient and modern ones.

So, what say you?

Hi starmarshalxb, i remember your post earlier. i have no idea why you were rejected after the medical(as it is extremely rare) , but as you pointed out in your earlier post , it might really be due to your BMI(maybe it lead to problems with insurance coverage(pure guess on my side)). i dont believe it has anything to do with your residential status. The fact that you hold a SPR status as well as graduated from a local university meant that you are eligible for the PGDE program . Additionally ,the fact that you were shortlisted for the interview and subsequently sent for the medical meant that on paper you definitely qualified and they wanted you, i dont think they will send you for medical unless they had real intentions to hire you.

nooz17

Reaction score
Email to take medical is out! Good luck everyone!

haha i learnt something today. don't come down on the day you get the email. vital only sends the form 2-3 days after the email is sent apparently! oh well. they're still processing my medical. fingers crossed nothing goes wrong!

edit: the form came!

Last edited:

periwinklebreeze

Reaction score
haha i learnt something today. don't come down on the day you get the email. vital only sends the form 2-3 days after the email is sent apparently! oh well. they're still processing my medical. fingers crossed nothing goes wrong!

Sorry, may I know what form are you referring to? 😅 I didn't receive any!

nooz17

Reaction score
Sorry, may I know what form are you referring to? 😅 I didn't receive any!

it's the form vital will send rmg. we won't get it, but it's rmg's way of knowing we are legit candidates i suspect.

edit: it's also the form with all the medical declarations and the dr also has to sign. why i said the above is because it will come with our individual details.

sunnysideupp

Reaction score
it's the form vital will send rmg. we won't get it, but it's rmg's way of knowing we are legit candidates i suspect.

edit: it's also the form with all the medical declarations and the dr also has to sign. why i said the above is because it will come with our individual details.

Hi can I check if we need to fast before the health checkup?

Cesium-137

Reaction score
Hi can I check if we need to fast before the health checkup?

there is no requirement to fast, but if you know your blood sugar is on the high side , you may want to fast (especially if you are >25 , where i believe blood sugar level test is compulsory).

Mamimo

Reaction score
Good tip! Thanks ! Do you have any idea what time they open? Might as well go early if fasting 😂

there is no requirement to fast, but if you know your blood sugar is on the high side , you may want to fast (especially if you are >25 , where i believe blood sugar level test is compulsory).

Mamimo

Reaction score
Oh no, did they ask you to go back or did you have to wait long for them to extract the file ? 😅.

abbs94

Reaction score
Hi everyone, are there people who have not received the medical appointment email? I have cleared the EL EPT on 13/12/18.

happybaby89

Reaction score
Hi, does anyone know what to do after u have received the posting? Do we have to contact the principal ourselves?

Origamimosa

Reaction score
Just finished my medical at Raffles Hospital. Took a grand total of 1hour. Good luck to everyone going for it.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.