The Spectacles Thread. - Part 2

kazekai

Reaction score
My bad. It’s a material not a coating.
Costing will be more but like a ‘filter’
No problem, thanks for the clarification! Any one has experience between shamir vs tokai vs asahi lite and which optical shops carry them?

I heard that jamco doesn't carry the above lens brand

Sent from Google PIXEL 3 using GAGT

GANGSTERKIA

Master Member
Reaction score
No problem, thanks for the clarification! Any one has experience between shamir vs tokai vs asahi lite and which optical shops carry them?

I heard that jamco doesn't carry the above lens brand

Eyezone Optical does have tokai and asahi as what they have been posting (video) so far.

Shamir IMO is a decent lens brand with good lens clarity and quality(multi-coat)

Especially their new progressive lens ''Autograph Intelligence'' which is on par with many of the top lenses in the market now...

kazekai

Reaction score
Eyezone Optical does have tokai and asahi as what they have been posting (video) so far.

Shamir IMO is a decent lens brand with good lens clarity and quality(multi-coat)

Especially their new progressive lens ''Autograph Intelligence'' which is on par with many of the top lenses in the market now...
Bro your shop got carry shamir lens and yellow plus frames?

shermainee

Reaction score
Hi all,

Not sure if this is the correct thread to post to, but I shall try my luck.

I have recently gotten a spectacle from Optical 88 with Hoya lens. However, I've encountered issue with one of the lens. When I look at bright lights with the lens, there seem to be a purple dot on it. And if u were to wear it, it will appear right in front of your eye. I have since went back to the optical shop and they sent bsck to Hoya, which they checked and claimed there is nothing wrong with it.

It's hoya stellify 1.55 with blue control lens.

Whenever I look at bright lights, there will be this purple dot right in front of my eye. Is this really normal?

Wanted to post pictures but I realized I do not have enough post count to do so 😆

joesph

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

I have recently gotten a spectacle from Optical 88 with Hoya lens. However, I've encountered issue with one of the lens. When I look at bright lights with the lens, there seem to be a purple dot on it. And if u were to wear it, it will appear right in front of your eye. I have since went back to the optical shop and they sent bsck to Hoya, which they checked and claimed there is nothing wrong with it.

Whenever I look at bright lights, there will be this purple dot right in front of my eye. Is this really normal?

Wanted to post pictures but I realized I do not have enough post count to do so �
you can WhatsApp I put up, 81166614

Sent from Samsung SM-G965F using GAGT

GANGSTERKIA

Master Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

Wanted to post pictures but I realized I do not have enough post count to do so 😆

It is not normal, but it would be best if we can have a look at the pictures. If not, it's too vague to actually tell..

joesph

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

Wanted to post pictures but I realized I do not have enough post count to do so �
GNvmyEhl.jpg

NYK2yeIl.jpg

TlXjoUbl.jpg

JmEtdCnl.jpg

HGphgkrl.jpg

shermainee

Reaction score
Thanks Joesph for helping!

I was given the letter and told that there I can write to Hoya or bring it to CASE. At one point the staff even told me something like "I told them the customer won't try to prank. If prank, she'd have asked to change both lens". Found it quite amusing to hear that because he was sort of telling me that Hoya thinks I'm a joke.

I don't know. But it's really uncomfortable to have a purple dot right in your eyes when looking at bright lights. I honestly find this not normal. I've been wearing spectacle for many yrs, changed a number of spectacle before and this is my first time encountering such issues.

Reaction score
Hi bro,

If im not wrong, HOYA Blue Control lens has a Front surface blue coating.

The purple mark should be a reflection from the front coating, which some people find it disturbing.

I suggest you go for Blue filter lens which has the blue filter properties infused into the material + normal green multi-coating.

Blue Filter demo:

GNvmyEhl.jpg

NYK2yeIl.jpg

TlXjoUbl.jpg

JmEtdCnl.jpg

HGphgkrl.jpg

Last edited:

KwayChup

Reaction score
I’m using blue control and yes, there’s a blue dot reflection there but it’s not so bad like yours..

Last edited:

GANGSTERKIA

Master Member
Reaction score
Thanks Joesph for helping!

I was given the letter and told that there I can write to Hoya or bring it to CASE. At one point the staff even told me something like "I told them the customer won't try to prank. If prank, she'd have asked to change both lens". Found it quite amusing to hear that because he was sort of telling me that Hoya thinks I'm a joke.

I don't know. But it's really uncomfortable to have a purple dot right in your eyes when looking at bright lights. I honestly find this not normal. I've been wearing spectacle for many yrs, changed a number of spectacle before and this is my first time encountering such issues.

Are the photos all taken on the same lenses itself? Or has the lenses been remade in some of them?

SG_Student

Reaction score
Hi all, came across this thread when I was looking for spec shop recommendation.

I'm looking at owndays for now, anybody had experience with owndays?

btw, does anybody happened to know what causes this kind of 'dot scratch'?

Before wash
oZewx33.jpg

After wash
IHbZXSU.jpg

Washing the specs remove a significant amount of the 'dot scratches' but after awhile maybe a day or 2, most will appear back. I tried changing the lens at my usual shop and this issue still occurs, suspect I was sold fake lenses.

Hope somebody can confirm :D

Last edited:

thegardens3b

Master Member
Reaction score
Hi all, came across this thread when I was looking for spec shop recommendation.

Before wash
oZewx33.jpg

After wash
IHbZXSU.jpg

Washing the specs remove a significant amount of the 'dot scratches' but after awhile maybe a day or 2, most will appear back. I tried changing the lens at my usual shop and this issue still occurs, suspect I was sold fake lenses.

hi, do you know what lenses you are being sold in the first place?

Reaction score
Do you or anyone in your house uses hair spray?

Before wash
oZewx33.jpg

After wash
IHbZXSU.jpg

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.