Working Shoe for Young Exec - Part 3

noobiee

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Its weird coz my ASICS running shoes are sized US8.5 and my casual sneakers (i.e. Converse, Toms) are also at US 8 or 8.5.

But in real life it doesn't seem to equate to dress shoes US 8??

It’s common.. same as shirt or jeans mah. Some brand of jeans 33inch = 32 inch for other brands

Thus we always suggest to try it out in person

chillplz

Reaction score
So shoe cream like saphir cream condition the shoe right, do I still need another conditioner like renovateur? I'm really confused.

theblueark

Reaction score
So shoe cream like saphir cream condition the shoe right, do I still need another conditioner like renovateur? I'm really confused.

Renovateur will help you clean and condition. There’s some solvent in it so it will help spread but also remove some of your previous creams and wax.

Shoe cream will condition and give a little bit of colour. Not so much good for cleaning.

learningdandy

Reaction score
Its weird coz my ASICS running shoes are sized US8.5 and my casual sneakers (i.e. Converse, Toms) are also at US 8 or 8.5.

My sneakers usually us 8.5 or 9 but my loafers from yanko wears uk 6...it’s normal haha.

RayeAng

Reaction score

Sneaker size usually 0.5 to 1 size larger.

RayeAng

Reaction score
Thanks for the recommendations.

Any of these brands have outlets in SG? Preferably would like to try first before buying before getting any more ill fitting shoes..

I have actually recommended online shops. Most of the brand found in these shop are actually not available in Singapore. On the first page u will find physical shop which you can visit and try. Usually the size don't varies that much unless the shoes last is significantly different. I.e if you go "country" style shoes, they are USUALLY roomy and shld fit around the same size across the brands.

My rule, when trying a new brand always go for the larger size. If too big/roomy can wear thicker socks.

abc-xyz

Reaction score
Any recommendation for lace up shoes? Prefer to try and buy in physical store, i noticed that most recommendations here are online stores.

Budget <$800.

wiz

Reaction score
You have a nice budget assuming it is for 1 pair :)

Head down to yeossal or seamless bespoke and you will be spoilt for choice. Just don’t get carried away

Any recommendation for lace up shoes? Prefer to try and buy in physical store, i noticed that most recommendations here are online stores.

Budget <$800.

cloudyday123

Reaction score
Can anyone provide some advice on GnG sizing? are they closer to carminas or have to go half size up like AMs?

abc-xyz

Reaction score
You have a nice budget assuming it is for 1 pair :)

Head down to yeossal or seamless bespoke and you will be spoilt for choice. Just don’t get carried away

Thanks! Just wanted to set a higher budget to have more choices and for better quality shoes which can last a long time.

acidtrips

Reaction score
Hi all, does anyone have any recommendation for OTC socks?

Contemplating about Votta but there's only the calf length version through onlybrown. Anybody got any experience on this too, any idea if it still holds in place after a while?

Have been using viccel socks so far, but they'd last me less than 9 months at best before holes. (i cut my nails often enough so that it doesn't get too long) Maybe due to the abrasion when wearing my shoes.

I'll probably continue getting a pair or two from viccel, but i do want to look for alternatives preferably around the same price range, that's around 15-25 per pair. Bresciani kinda out of the range too.

My preference still on OTC since they'd confirm hold up in place. The calf length socks from the typical brands tend to drop down after a while and a bit of walking. But please none of the socks suspender thing.

Appreciate any advice. Thanks!

wiz

Reaction score
I have a few pairs of Votta but if you are looking for socks that can hold up imo only OTC can. How long the socks can last depends on how open you wear and rotate them and how you wash them.

Contemplating about Votta but there's only the calf length version through onlybrown. Anybody got any experience on this too, any idea if it still holds in place after a while?

Have been using viccel socks so far, but they'd last me less than 9 months at best before holes. (i cut my nails often enough so that it doesn't get too long) Maybe due to the abrasion when wearing my shoes.

I'll probably continue getting a pair or two from viccel, but i do want to look for alternatives preferably around the same price range, that's around 15-25 per pair. Bresciani kinda out of the range too.

My preference still on OTC since they'd confirm hold up in place. The calf length socks from the typical brands tend to drop down after a while and a bit of walking. But please none of the socks suspender thing.

acidtrips

Reaction score
I have a few pairs of Votta but if you are looking for socks that can hold up imo only OTC can. How long the socks can last depends on how open you wear and rotate them and how you wash them.
Ah, how does Votta wear if i may ask? I believe you're wearing the ones carried via onlybrown?
Like all my other piece of clothing/shoes i try to wear with care, not abusive or rugged in any manner but i don't baby them too much either. After all they're made to be worn. I'll usually wear them once per week. Maybe that's why the ones from viccel manage to last around 9 months perhaps due to the socks are summer weighted too.

Ind1go

Reaction score

Gold toe Metropolitan OTC. I've never gotten holes in mine and elastic still holding up very well after a year.

boomeray

Reaction score
There's a 20% storewide on seamless bespoke's website. Yanko @ $350

Sent from Samsung SM-G955F using GAGT

wiz

Reaction score
I think they are good and slightly thicker than Corgi (more dress socks). Yes from onlybrown.

Check out the votta no show socks, like them a lot.

40 wears (9 months) is good mileage already

Ah, how does Votta wear if i may ask? I believe you're wearing the ones carried via onlybrown?
Like all my other piece of clothing/shoes i try to wear with care, not abusive or rugged in any manner but i don't baby them too much either. After all they're made to be worn. I'll usually wear them once per week. Maybe that's why the ones from viccel manage to last around 9 months perhaps due to the socks are summer weighted too.

All in a Day

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Thanks! Just wanted to set a higher budget to have more choices and for better quality shoes which can last a long time.

Key to your shoes' lifespan is rotation to minimise wear and tear. I.e. Having several pairs and rotating them. I would say that a pair worn (assuming) 5 consecutive days a week, every week, would have a similar lifespan be it $400 or $800, all else equal in terms of shoe care etc

vohengramm

Reaction score
Key to your shoes' lifespan is rotation to minimise wear and tear. I.e. Having several pairs and rotating them. I would say that a pair worn (assuming) 5 consecutive days a week, every week, would have a similar lifespan be it $400 or $800, all else equal in terms of shoe care etc

Shoe trees and rotation are the most important aspects.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.