Digital TV (DVB T2) Consolidated thread VI

gregory_choo

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
i bought the ukobox from qoo10 there this web tv which house many countries channel including Malaysia.

other htan that the given local tvb2 box r not able to detect if u not stayiny near the northern area near jb.

not only malaysia, it has 150+ channels from other countries, such as china , hong kong, taiwan, and many movies channels.

suuhhc

Reaction score
i bought the ukobox from qoo10 there this web tv which house many countries channel including Malaysia.

other htan that the given local tvb2 box r not able to detect if u not stayiny near the northern area near jb.
This is good but only if you have internet access. Some old folks who are not staying with children don't subscribe to internet & thus can't use this web tv.

kssk88

Reaction score
Needs malaysian channels how to get. For parents

Sharing my experience.

All the while was trying to get more channels for old folks, location is central, near Farrer Road.
Previously I could hardly receive analog M-TV with many diff antennas.
But recently got the Funke 550 n 250 for Digital TVs n STB, I am able to get Dig M-TVs if I place antenna at some sweet spot near window. If you really need M-TV and your location has clear sky to the north, give Funke a try.

Simiishthis

Reaction score
Hi guys i am using the lg c8 tv. I plugged in the antenna but found the picture quality is not that good? (Not sure whether its my own expectation) Can i check if i need to connect the antenna to the set top box then to the tv to get better picture quality or if they are the same thing? The set top box is funke.

Sent from Samsung SM-N960F using GAGT

gregory_choo

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi guys i am using the lg c8 tv. I plugged in the antenna but found the picture quality is not that good? (Not sure whether its my own expectation) Can i check if i need to connect the antenna to the set top box then to the tv to get better picture quality or if they are the same thing? The set top box is funke.

many of the programs are up-converted from sd / dvd /720p materials, even those full hd materials are highly compressed.

Henry Ng

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Pay TV will give you a bit better picture quality.

Streetwise

Reaction score
I was thinking for those who can receive MY channels (TV2, TV3 etc) in the past via rooftop antenna, they will be able to receive MY digital channels now ? Any correlation ?
If still using central antenna....yes, can rec'd analogue Malaysia channels.Note tat my experience only base on current set of TVs tat are not digital ready.....I'm using digital box........and switch to analogue if watching Malaysia channels.

Last edited:

curo

Master Member
Reaction score
Hi, I like to know if anyone know what is the power inserter for? I manage to plug it into my tv and view all free to all channels without having the power inserter

saggice

Reaction score
using news media solution box, got subtitles and sound but no picture.

anyone else experiencing this issue ?

thanks!

gregory_choo

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi, I like to know if anyone know what is the power inserter for? I manage to plug it into my tv and view all free to all channels without having the power inserter

power inserter provides dc supply to the RF amp in the active antenna.

if you do not use power inserter for your active antenna, it will became a passive antenna - the performance of this antenna will be worse than those $2 antenna.

you can receive all channels properly because the signal in your house is very strong.

you can buy a $2 antenna to replace your 'active' antenna, save some space.

curo

Master Member
Reaction score
power inserter provides dc supply to the RF amp in the active antenna.

if you do not use power inserter for your active antenna, it will became a passive antenna - the performance of this antenna will be worse than those $2 antenna.

you can receive all channels properly because the signal in your house is very strong.

you can buy a $2 antenna to replace your 'active' antenna, save some space.

ooo ok noted. not a need for me to change since I just use the antenna and I have clear pic. So doesn't take up any space.

suuhhc

Reaction score
ooo ok noted. not a need for me to change since I just use the antenna and I have clear pic. So doesn't take up any space.
Yes, good to keep it & monitor for few days because clear pic doesn't mean smooth playing all the way. If u detect lag or freeze picture later on can plug in the power inserter & make it active (more powerful).

gobbie

Reaction score
Hi guys,

Need some advice.

I got m1 to provide the free setup box + antenna for my parents tv and it is working fine. However, my parents also have a tv recorder prior to the switch to digita tv.

As the tv recorder is those using the tv wire, plug into tv point n source for channels to record, now it has to take the source from the setup box.

I have this problem now where if the recorder is set to record a certain time frame on a certain channel, I won’t be able to see other channels while it is recording as the recorder will auto record what i watch instead of my predefined channel.

Is getting a 2nd box just to watch live tv while the first box takes the recording role? Alternatively is there other solution?

albertlee

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi guys,

Need some advice.

I got m1 to provide the free setup box + antenna for my parents tv and it is working fine. However, my parents also have a tv recorder prior to the switch to digita tv.

As the tv recorder is those using the tv wire, plug into tv point n source for channels to record, now it has to take the source from the setup box.

I have this problem now where if the recorder is set to record a certain time frame on a certain channel, I won’t be able to see other channels while it is recording as the recorder will auto record what i watch instead of my predefined channel.

Is getting a 2nd box just to watch live tv while the first box takes the recording role? Alternatively is there other solution?

Please be more specific. What brand and model is the TV recorder? And how is it setup?

I don't see how it is possible for you to record on 3rd party device using the IMDA approved STB as it has copy protection built-in. In short, all recording can only be viewed from the STB.

gobbie

Reaction score
Please be more specific. What brand and model is the TV recorder? And how is it setup?

I don't see how it is possible for you to record on 3rd party device using the IMDA approved STB as it has copy protection built-in. In short, all recording can only be viewed from the STB.

Hi,

Off hand i cannot remember the brand. I will check and update again. My parents applied for the free setup box via community centre, then they send someone down to install.

Now the setup is like this:

Recorder > setup box > tv

It used to be:

Tv point > recorder > tv.

Under the old setup, the recorder can be use to record other channels while watching live tv on a different channel.

I somehow cannot seem to replicate this on the new digital box.

albertlee

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi,

Off hand i cannot remember the brand. I will check and update again. My parents applied for the free setup box via community centre, then they send someone down to install.

Now the setup is like this:

Recorder > setup box > tv

It used to be:

Tv point > recorder > tv.

Under the old setup, the recorder can be use to record other channels while watching live tv on a different channel.

I somehow cannot seem to replicate this on the new digital box.

Is the antenna connected like the following:

Ant -> (Ant in) Recorder (Ant-out) -> (Ant-in) STB -> (HDMI) TV

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.