Guide to SPF Enlistment

Parmesean

Reaction score
Oh that’s interesting, I can apply to get the night shift that nobody wants

I think you have a misconception on night shifts. If you get posted to a frontline vocation, chances are that you will be on the standard shift pattern of two days work, and two days off. Of which you will do one day shift and one night shift. While some people may initially dislike doing nightshifts, after a while, people will see that one day and one night shift actually works in favor for the person.

Let me give you an example, if you get posted to GRF, and to a busy NPC, although your official timing to end your shift is 8pm, chances are high that you will have to attend to cases given to you at 7:45pm, and as your shift isn't over, you have to attend to it. You will probably end your shift past 9pm, or if is a serious one, midnight. Then if you have two day shifts, you will be really tired to work the next day....

There are options to swap shifts, but it is used only if you have a lack of leave, or are helping out a friend.

Shinyboots

Reaction score
Hi... I’ve currently applied for ITE sponsorship at 9october and they said will contact me by end of dec if get selected. But I’ve made up my mind 100% to sign on SPF. Just dont know whether to sign on after ITE or Poly. I know that the difference is in the pay and the rank, and next time difficult to up rank also if sign on after ite. But i go spf not cuz of the money. But also, i know that 5 or 10years down the road , if i sign on after ite, i will regret my decision cuz its always better to sign after poly ... im caught in a dilemna ...

ClearlyCryptic

Reaction score
Hi... I’ve currently applied for ITE sponsorship at 9october and they said will contact me by end of dec if get selected. But I’ve made up my mind 100% to sign on SPF. Just dont know whether to sign on after ITE or Poly. I know that the difference is in the pay and the rank, and next time difficult to up rank also if sign on after ite. But i go spf not cuz of the money. But also, i know that 5 or 10years down the road , if i sign on after ite, i will regret my decision cuz its always better to sign after poly ... im caught in a dilemna ...

It's entirely up to you. Just follow your heart. I was in a diploma course and I left after my first term to sign on SPF with my Higher Nitec cert.

To me, even with my diploma, I would have still signed on to SPF. I don't mind losing out on the $20k extra sign-on bonus and starting at SGT 1 instead of SGT 2. Because I still intend to further my studies later on with part time diploma. Of course it will be tiring but its all down to the individual to manage the time he/she has.

Of course, life will be easier if you go in with a diploma, but if you are not afraid to hustle, nothing wrong with signing on after ITE.

All the best to you!

Shinyboots

Reaction score
hey so u mean after u complete ur part time diploma u can then get the 30k bonus and go to sgt 2? Or what? And are u planning to take private part time diploma or government poly diploma

ClearlyCryptic

Reaction score
hey so u mean after u complete ur part time diploma u can then get the 30k bonus and go to sgt 2? Or what? And are u planning to take private part time diploma or government poly diploma

Yes, you get the 30k bonus and SGT 2 rank with diploma. I'll be looking to take a part time diploma in a local poly while serving in the force.

Shinyboots

Reaction score
So after completing part time dip in local poly, then u can get sgt 2 and 30k bonus straight away? Even after taking the 10k bonus from ite higher nitec already?

ClearlyCryptic

Reaction score
So after completing part time dip in local poly, then u can get sgt 2 and 30k bonus straight away? Even after taking the 10k bonus from ite higher nitec already?

Once one already signs on SPF with HNitec, he/she won't be getting the $30k sign on bonus as the officer would have already received a sign on bonus of $10k. He/she may instead receive increments to his/her retention bonus. The officer won't be getting SGT2 straight away; I feel that its still dependant on the performance on duty and that the diploma will help increase the chances.

It will take about a year or so before changes kick in.

Last edited:

abc123d

Reaction score
Hi anyone has any info about CID NSOSO or CID SA vocation?
Eg. What is the job like? Is it a good vocation?

Acdefgh1

Reaction score
Hi does anyone know what happens if you miss an entire course like PDT due to light duty? Do you do it after your light duty ends or do they recourse you? Also does recoursing mean having to redo the whole of BPT or just certain aspects?

Acre45

Reaction score
Hi does anyone know what happens if you miss an entire course like PDT due to light duty? Do you do it after your light duty ends or do they recourse you? Also does recoursing mean having to redo the whole of BPT or just certain aspects?

Your CM will reschedule you to do your pdt once your LD is over

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.