Running pace

THEMIKOS

Reaction score
For those of you who run/jog on a daily basis, what's your running pace like?

Have been doing between 2.5-5km on a daily basis this 2019 (once a week break) and brought my pace from 6'11mins to slightly below 6mins per km. Frankly i dont consider that good a timing at all but a colleague told me 6min is good. So i thought i could come here to compare. Dont ask me to google cause google shows me people who do 5km in 10mins. Lol.. thats like crazyyyyy. Here to compare and improve. Thanks.

Summary:
Frequency: 6 times a week
Distance : 2.5-5km
Pace: 6mins

galapogos

Reaction score
For reference, a 6min/km pace puts you at 14:24min for a 2.4, which is a fail I think.

xerref

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
search for a age grading calculator.
in comparison to normal people, you're fast. compared to the average runner, rather slow.

zzt231

Banned
Reaction score
2.4. 12min
Can't go faster Liao.
Don't know what's wrong

Sent from Xiaomi MI 6 using GAGT

THEMIKOS

Reaction score
Wow 12min is good. 2.4 around the track or or?
Perhaps u should get a fitness tracker watch? I got myself an apple watch recently and it helps me pace myself better because it gives me my pace timing AND more importantly the distance covered to the nearest 1metre so it helps to "motivate" me to run better. Perhaps it could help u too.

2.4. 12min
Can't go faster Liao.
Don't know what's wrong

Sent from Xiaomi MI 6 using GAGT

eyz

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
mileage and intensity, if you want to improve the timing.

s7460597

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Search for run experience channel in YouTube. Lots of videos to improve running. Not just one thing will magically make one a faster/better runner.

zzt231

Banned
Reaction score
Wow 12min is good. 2.4 around the track or or?
Perhaps u should get a fitness tracker watch? I got myself an apple watch recently and it helps me pace myself better because it gives me my pace timing AND more importantly the distance covered to the nearest 1metre so it helps to "motivate" me to run better. Perhaps it could help u too.

12 is good?
I wan 10. but I think cant liao. do hiit also can improve.

12 min is in stadium.
those app tracker. not accurate leh.
I run 6 round stadium, 2.4 mah.
app sometime say I 2.4 , sometime 2.3

zz

dreadwingsg

Reaction score
I just completed my IPPT during reservists last week

Age 35 this year
2.4km 09:59min

I have to run fast to cover my 12 push-ups lolx

Konnichiwa

Banned
Reaction score
For those of you who run/jog on a daily basis, what's your running pace like?

Have been doing between 2.5-5km on a daily basis this 2019 (once a week break) and brought my pace from 6'11mins to slightly below 6mins per km. Frankly i dont consider that good a timing at all but a colleague told me 6min is good. So i thought i could come here to compare. Dont ask me to google cause google shows me people who do 5km in 10mins. Lol.. thats like crazyyyyy. Here to compare and improve. Thanks.

Summary:
Frequency: 6 times a week
Distance : 2.5-5km
Pace: 6mins

Mine is 6min-6:30min per km for 5km

Konnichiwa

Banned
Reaction score
Nice.. u run on a daily basis? 6-6:30 is good i think for someone ur age. Keep it up. 👏🏾

Nope... 3 times a week... slowly building up...

just pick up running last July after 1 year of injury... thanks, you too!
Now looking to train for half marathon end of year...

Used to be able to run half.. without much training in my 20s... now it is impossible

THEMIKOS

Reaction score
I see. I broke my leg about 2 years ago too. Before that hated runnin but during this 2 years put on at least 15kkg and so now forcing myself to run to lose weight but it seems like a losing battle because of my food intake. Haha. For now trying and hoping that my pace minutes will help me burn more calories.

Nope... 3 times a week... slowly building up...

just pick up running last July after 1 year of injury... thanks, you too!
Now looking to train for half marathon end of year...

Used to be able to run half.. without much training in my 20s... now it is impossible

s7460597

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I see. I broke my leg about 2 years ago too. Before that hated runnin but during this 2 years put on at least 15kkg and so now forcing myself to run to lose weight but it seems like a losing battle because of my food intake. Haha. For now trying and hoping that my pace minutes will help me burn more calories.

Perhaps can i suggest adding other stuff to your running. Could be other sports or exercises eg strengthening and stretching. Most runners can add to their core strength and flexibility to run more efficiently and reduce injury risks. Reason being running is very repetitive and over time stress to the same areas isn't good. This is from research due to my running injuries.

THEMIKOS

Reaction score
Thanks for the info. I shall explore other area of exercise. ☺️

Perhaps can i suggest adding other stuff to your running. Could be other sports or exercises eg strengthening and stretching. Most runners can add to their core strength and flexibility to run more efficiently and reduce injury risks. Reason being running is very repetitive and over time stress to the same areas isn't good. This is from research due to my running injuries.

Konnichiwa

Banned
Reaction score

I very happy to be able to run 5km 3 times a week. I slowly build up the distance. But at my age recovery is damn slow, so I am very cautious about running faster or further.

Losing weight is 80% diet and 20% exercise...
count your calories...

Last edited:

darr

Reaction score
I started running about 2 yrs back after recovering from a spine injury. I was advised to do low-impact sports like swimming and cycling, but they are too time-consuming to be meaningful (I have family life). So I started running (but I hate running). Back then I could only do 6:30-7:00 pace on treadmills only (reduce impact to my spine). I experimented with many combinations of eating routines and exercises, lasting a month each to get meaningful data. No fab diets or shakes, and I eat anything I like.

At least now I can manage 4:30 pace for 2-3k and 5:00 for 5-7ks, and 3:15 for intervals. Don't foresee I can ever be fit like young days, but for a 42yo I think I manage ok, and especially I was never a runner-type of person.

The key things I noted is control macro intake and eat according to the kind of exercises I do for the day, don't stick to a running routine, vary different kind of shoes (or barefoot on treadmill) and always core exercises at every run. Especially at my age, learning to vary my exercises and recover appropriately and still able to sustain fitness is very important, and still balance family life.

I'm fortunate to stay in an area with many varied running routes. I run hills a lot, normally do loops at Kent Ridge, Telok Blangah, Mt Faber and fast runs at Labrador Park. I stay away from running along roads (the fumes and constant start-stop) but I do occasional runs from the Alexandra Canal to Marina area.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.