SUSS Part Time 2019/01

mewsquare

Reaction score
Quickly write draft first, ask a trusted friend with O level B4 read through see whether he understands what you r writing then refine and polish up your work bit by bit. 101 should not be a problem.

The problem is the introduction. Should I first define term, then followup by facts and figures? Or should I straight away take side?

Jinnous

Reaction score
BSBZ group chat full... anyone else creating another chat group?

mewsquare

Reaction score
I think this may help u:

aKdthxJl.jpg

Thank you. Hope this helps.

aika111333

Reaction score
The problem is the introduction. Should I first define term, then followup by facts and figures? Or should I straight away take side?

I wrote on short hook and intro on what Nobel Prize is and then the stats... After that, I wrote my thesis that supports from the stat. And then I get down to business. Give my points and evidences. Finally, the conclusion.

buttercracker

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
For the intro, you also talk about why you are writing this- eg :the thesis statement

Let me try, i am writing about why i am writing this essay below....

Eg:

As this is the first time for many of us in writing an academic essay, we are not very sure about how we should present the different parts of an acadmic essay. Hence, it was not a smooth process for all of us and leave some of us feeling anxious. What we should do now is to understand the purposes of each specific part for an academic essay. The structure ...(intro of topic and context for the essay)

*take note this is not the beginning of an essay, just an example to make my point.

Last edited:

mewsquare

Reaction score
For the intro, you also talk about why you are writing this- eg :the thesis statement

Let me try, i am writing about why i am writing this essay below....

Eg:

As this is the first time for many of us in writing an academic essay, we are not very sure about how we should present the different parts of an acadmic essay. Hence, it was not a smooth process for all of us and leave some of us feeling anxious. What we should do now is to understand the purposes of each specific part for an academic essay. The structure ...(intro of topic and context for the essay)

*take note this is not the beginning of an essay, just an example to make my point.

Finished the intro, thesis statement, agree1, agree2,...

Now stuck at disagree. Finished the conclusion though..

buttercracker

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Finished the intro, thesis statement, agree1, agree2,...

Now stuck at disagree. Finished the conclusion though..

If you mean literature review for the intro, this is what i think...
Eg:

On the contrary, Green and Wilson (2018) hold the position that...

shaggerinos

Reaction score
Does anyone print out the study guide? Find it hard to read such lengthy things from com...prefer doing physical harcopy highlighting and notes

shaggerinos

Reaction score
Ya obviously study the PDF. Question is study from computer or print out. lol.

Yeahh most of my modules are mostly e books but I went for the orientation and the lecturer gave us a few physical textbooks he had left :DD

if the particular module u taking no physical textbook, den u gotta print out the PDF document liao, otherwise what u study? lol.

i took SCO 201, no physical textbook available. printed out close to 200 pages PDF study guide :(:(

some other modules i take, the lecturer was kind enough to inform us on Canvas which are the topics removed from the module :D:D

i think hor, SUSS going e-based (e for electronic) learning is to cut costs on distributing physical hard copy of textbooks...

buttercracker

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Take care everyone. When i worked in front of the laptop in my office,did assignments and after that studied for my exam. Then one day, when i sat down, there was pain on my back. I could only mostly laid down or stood up a lot of the time for that period. :(

Morrsmorrdre

Reaction score
Eh... check with you all... both Term 1 and Term 2 the exams will be from 13-25 May?

Is the exam day the same as class day? What if for both Term 1 and 2 I got classes on Monday... will the exam be on the same day?

x2o588.jpg
[/IMG]

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.