[Maylyn - Networking] ASUS RT-AC88U

papahomer2002

Reaction score
I wonder what I encounter below is unusual or what?

Was using M1 supplied RT-AC1200G+ & could get Network speed at 866Mbps from my phone S7 5Ghz band.

Bought RT-AC88U expecting better speed but was dismal to find only 433Mbps with the same phone S7 5Ghz band.

Both routers setting are at default & with firmware latest. Cable from WAN is cat7. Measuring distance & time all same.

My M1 is FIBRE 1Gbps plan.

What could be the problems? Another dud AC88U?

Hope some seniors here can enlighten. Thanks

Finally, got a 1 to 1 exchange from ASUS. But issue still the same. Must be due to chipset incompatible.
In ASUS center the Motorola phone was able to get 866Mbps link speed. Came home tried with Huawei P20 also get 866Mbps. But not my S7

maybe need to sell off this 'new' AC88U !
Anyone here interested?

xonix

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Finally, got a 1 to 1 exchange from ASUS. But issue still the same. Must be due to chipset incompatible.
In ASUS center the Motorola phone was able to get 866Mbps link speed. Came home tried with Huawei P20 also get 866Mbps. But not my S7

Anyone here interested?

Try turning off mu mimo ?

http://www.snbforums.com/threads/samsung-galaxy-s7-and-rt-ac87u-bandwidth-issues.32845/

http://www.snbforums.com/threads/r7800-mu-mimo-and-samsung.32747/

Henry Ng

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Anyone here interested?
I do not think so.
May be your S7 clip got problem. Go to your friend house to try to connect to wifi then see how is the speed.

papahomer2002

Reaction score
Try turning off mu mimo ?

http://www.snbforums.com/threads/samsung-galaxy-s7-and-rt-ac87u-bandwidth-issues.32845/

http://www.snbforums.com/threads/r7800-mu-mimo-and-samsung.32747/

OMG.. It works!
By disabling the MU-MIMO my S7 is back on 866Mbps.
Thanks for your help. Salute.
My case is closed now... Happy like toot

papahomer2002

Reaction score
I wonder what I encounter below is unusual or what?

Was using M1 supplied RT-AC1200G+ & could get Network speed at 866Mbps from my phone S7 5Ghz band.

Bought RT-AC88U expecting better speed but was dismal to find only 433Mbps with the same phone S7 5Ghz band.

Both routers setting are at default & with firmware latest. Cable from WAN is cat7. Measuring distance & time all same.

My M1 is FIBRE 1Gbps plan.

What could be the problems? Another dud AC88U?

Hope some seniors here can enlighten. Thanks

This case is solved & closed.
Just want to say thanks to Avertek counter staff for their professional service.

I have requested to test my phone on a older model AC66, he promptly went in to check stock availability. Out he comes with it ! Impressed.
Requested too for him to show me the LAN speed of my AC88 & this too ,he did.

Thank you & sorry forgotten you name. A Chinese chap with spec.

Henry Ng

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
This case is solved & closed.
Just want to say thanks to Avertek counter staff for their professional service.

I have requested to test my phone on a older model AC66, he promptly went in to check stock availability. Out he comes with it ! Impressed.
Requested too for him to show me the LAN speed of my AC88 & this too ,he did.

Thank you & sorry forgotten you name. A Chinese chap with spec.
Yes he is helpful. He can help user to set up the router at his office.

leongws

Master Member
Reaction score
any difference? is it very hard to flash it?

As i said i never use official FW before so not sure got any differences. Just perform FW upgrade like how u do for official FW upgrade in router page(192.168.xxx). If u upgrade to Merlin FW the very first time, it is recommended to restore your router to default after the upgrade and reconfigure the settings again

6xiaolun9

Reaction score
As i said i never use official FW before so not sure got any differences. Just perform FW upgrade like how u do for official FW upgrade in router page(192.168.xxx). If u upgrade to Merlin FW the very first time, it is recommended to restore your router to default after the upgrade and reconfigure the settings again
Okay cool, thank you

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.