1) Rise - MBS
2) Melt Cafe - Mandarin Oriental
3 )Brasserie le saveurs - St. Regis
4) 10Claymore - Pan Pacific
5) Marriott Cafe - Marriot Hotel
6) Plaza Brasseries - Park Royal
7) J65 - Hotel Jen

which one will you choose?
I heard lot of people say melt cafe not bad, J65 so-so, Plaza Brasseries not worth it, Marriot cafe now got 1-for-1.

Sent from A universe Where pink PWNED everything using GAGT

micgoh

Reaction score
I heard lot of people say melt cafe not bad, J65 so-so, Plaza Brasseries not worth it, Marriot cafe now got 1-for-1.

Sent from A universe Where pink PWNED everything using GAGT

I have tried all.
My favourite 3: Jen (Orchard central) , Marriott and colony

tomb

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
first time at colony today. it was good but not really wow-ed by the selection, especially the cooked food section. my favourites were the oysters, crab legs (very sweet) and grilled lobsters. desserts were so-so with nothing really outstanding apart from the pralines.

Toons

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
seems like not many ppl review buffet in melt cafe. Is this on par with colony and edge?

Imo colony > edge > melt.

Colony has both taste n variety. Edge has variety but not so much tasty food. Melt ler ... nice choc cake? :D

-Synchronicity-

Reaction score
Melt is mostly known for their desserts. Everything else is......

I mean at that price one would at least expect oyster on ice....instead I see mussels and prawns. No crabs as well. Pretty bad seafood in general.

Their Indian food is impressive but considering 80% of it is vegetarian.....

The cheese and bread section is pretty ok as well but I'm not paying that amount to go there to jiak roti tao.

Not much of an impression on the rest of the food so it's probably very meh.

Seriously the only thing I enjoy there were desserts and I don't really like sweet stuff so basically I didn't like melt at all.

Last edited:

vddgnd

Reaction score
If the promo is 50% off every 2nd diner, and there are even number of diners, it is equal to
25% off right?
It is not 1 for 1, not 50% for both diners, am I right?

Toons

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
If the promo is 50% off every 2nd diner, and there are even number of diners, it is equal to
25% off right?
It is not 1 for 1, not 50% for both diners, am I right?

Yes, 1st person, pay 100%, 2nd person, pay 50% = pay 150% for 2 pax or pay 75% per pax (effectively 25% discount per pax for even nos).

It is not the same as 1 for 1 or 50% discount for all etc.

Also, some places do not apply the discount for service charge. Eg, for the 50% off 2nd diner, its still 10% service charge based on full 100% price. The 50% discount is only applied to the 'base food' price.

Aquamarine, 333 n Marriott cafe practise this method of charging.

Last edited:

vddgnd

Reaction score
Yes, 1st person, pay 100%, 2nd person, pay 50% = pay 150% for 2 pax or pay 75% per pax (effectively 25% discount per pax for even nos).

It is not the same as 1 for 1 or 50% discount for all etc.

Also, some places do not apply the discount for service charge. Eg, for the 50% off 2nd diner, its still 10% service charge based on full 100% price. The 50% discount is only applied to the 'base food' price.

Aquamarine, 333 n Marriott cafe practise this method of charging.
Thanks for explain.

aaronlimsinga

Reaction score
Gotta throw in a recommendation for Straights kitchen - really great local food and nice selection. Service is great and the place looks really nice

Toons

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
if four points eatery by sheraton is within your budget

Yea, i concur. Its abt the cheapest buffet w oysters that i can think off too. Their oysters are quite meaty too. Rest of food though ....

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.