Recommendations for 1440p monitor?

xtractor

Master Member
Reaction score
i'm not sure whether do i need display port in order to make use of the freesync?

using this monitor Nitro VG271U P
Integrated with AMD FreeSync™ Technology

it seems that i need display port instead of using HDMI which will bring out the gsync/freesync for nvidia GPU.

but it seems display port cable very expensive...i check ugreen around 70 to 80+.

https://www.lazada.sg/products/6-fe...o42.searchlist.list.1.12d51492xG22d9&search=1

https://www.amazon.com/Display-Cabl...yport-cable&qid=1548084798&sr=8-2-spons&psc=1

Last edited:

Hasagi

Reaction score
i'm not sure whether do i need display port in order to make use of the freesync?

it seems that i need display port instead of using HDMI which will bring out the gsync/freesync for nvidia GPU.

but it seems display port cable very expensive...i check ugreen around 70 to 80+.

Yup you'll need displayport to use VESA's adaptive sync which enables you to use gsync on NVIDIA GPUs.

Nothing against those imported china brands like UGREEN but personally not a big fan them. Display port cables shouldn't cost so much though. A good quality display port cable should be one that is version 1.2 or higher such as this one: Cable Matters DisplayPort Cable

Hasagi

Reaction score
u should wait for the new Gigabyte monitor 1440p/ips/144hz/HDR

I don't know.. Seems like you have to pay a premium for those specs as they throw in additional features and the branding of the monitor as the "World's 1st tactical monitor" haha..

For the price, I think the Acer monitor is definitely hard to beat.

Greenworm

Reaction score
I just only went to Jem’s challenger and got mine. $30+ nie it’s a Display 1.3.

More than enough liao

Elysium87

Reaction score
okay thanks all for the feedback, it shock me when i check the pricing in shopee for ugreen display port cable, i thought so expensive meh for a cable only.

Elysium87

Reaction score
i don't buy stuff from amazon, so need advice.

i'm using my credit card to pay, should i pay in USD currency or SGD currency when checking out?

i don't have prime now, don't think i can get free shipping from US even if i subscribe to it right?

Hasagi

Reaction score

i'm using my credit card to pay, should i pay in USD currency or SGD currency when checking out?

i don't have prime now, don't think i can get free shipping from US even if i subscribe to it right?

Hmm.. haven't had experience shipping from US directly to Singapore through PrimeNow so I can't comment on that.

What I have been using is EzBuy's Ship-for-me service, which lets you use their US warehouse. Basically, Amazon US will ship the item to the Ezbuy warehouse in US (Amazon shipping within US is normally free), and then you ship the item back from the warehouse to Singapore for a small fee.

Fees are pretty cheap for lighter items, would definitely recommend.

K|muRa^84

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score

USD is preferred

SPEED

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
using the new LCD now
2560x1440 144hz no joke.
Using HDR color mode

Elysium87

Reaction score
Yes using their Default HDR with brightness 40
and also install the ICC profile from Acer website
https://www.acer.com/ac/en/SG/content/support-product/7847?b=1

their default brightness too high liao haha

i did download, mine is windows 8.1, so i download and inside the zip file is 3 files, what do i do with it?

i'm currently still using my 4 years old laptop.

under my device manager settings, there's 2 stated as generic PnP monitor, im using laptop connecting to the monitor. not sure which one should i update it

SPEED

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
their default brightness too high liao haha

i did download, mine is windows 8.1, so i download and inside the zip file is 3 files, what do i do with it?

i'm currently still using my 4 years old laptop.

under my device manager settings, there's 2 stated as generic PnP monitor, im using laptop connecting to the monitor. not sure which one should i update it

right click on the acer lcd and choose update driver

Elysium87

Reaction score
right click on the acer lcd and choose update driver

that's the problem, i tried looking at the device manager. it's not being stated as acer lcd.

under monitor, there's 2, both are stated as generic pnp monitor. i tried to look further into details, there's nothing stated as acer.

*updates* it's okay now, i manage to google with the more details and able to know which was my acer monitor

Last edited:

Elysium87

Reaction score
there was someone on reddit who suggest this.

i will be trying out for a while and see if it's better.

Mode: User

Brightness: 27
Contrast: 48
Black Boost: 7
All other picture settings Off
Color Gamma 2.2
Color Temp User, Gain R46 G45 B50
FreeSync on in Gaming

Elysium87

Reaction score
Could you give us a review? Im still considering either this or the AOC AG211QG which is @ $999 but gysync and 144mhz with IPS (AHVA) panel.

i tried google AOC AG211QG but no such model?

i think you are referring to AG271QG.

in terms of spec, AG271QG is better. higher refresh rate up to 165hz, but it doesn't make a difference between 144 and 165 as human eyes won't be able to see that much difference. like having a 200+ refresh rate monitor, there's no point as you only can see up to a certain extend.

has better ergonomics, more ports.

if you got the budget, of course get it. if u prefer lower budget, then go for acer which is selling around 636 now

Last edited:

Elysium87

Reaction score
there was someone on reddit who suggest this.

i will be trying out for a while and see if it's better.

Mode: User

Brightness: 27
Contrast: 48
Black Boost: 7
All other picture settings Off
Color Gamma 2.2
Color Temp User, Gain R46 G45 B50
FreeSync on in Gaming

giving updates, i think this settings is much better than the default HDR mode

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.