Professional Conversion Programme for Registered Nurses/Nanyang Polytechnic Diploma in Nursing(PCP)

Ldm2612

Reaction score
Hi, can i check ended up how much did u pay back?
What if cant pay back what will they do?

Ldm2612

Reaction score
i am considering of joining, but quite afraid i cant pass. base on your breakdown sum, i pretty sure i cant afford to pay it off. Any advise. haii

zidmosby

Reaction score
i am considering of joining, but quite afraid i cant pass. base on your breakdown sum, i pretty sure i cant afford to pay it off. Any advise. haii

Do you have passion? Are you single with no family commitment or other commitments (etc current medical issue or existing loans)? If yes to both, just apply and see if you even get through lor. You have nothing to lose up until they ask you to sign contract.

Ldm2612

Reaction score
passion currently yes, i used to work in hospital on equipment stuff.

Yea single with no liability, but i know myself i not the best studious person. neither i want to declare for bankruptcy, i cant imagine not to travel freely.

yea will try to apply till signing will discuss with my parents.

Kyoji83

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I forget to add on that they can find you first or con-currently look for both your surety(s) and you. So you will also harm your surety(s) to declare Bankrupt if they cannot pay too.

Even after you become Bankrupt, as long as you work, your sponsoring hospital (SH) ask ask the court to order your employer to deduct partial amount of your salary to repay your SH.

A lot of problem when you look for job even if you are not Bankrupt cause most of us don't declare that we are at debt but needs to come out with a reason to explain to interviewer why we have 1 to 2 years of empty employment gap.

If you declare you own money, interview may not hire you cause they don't want debt collector to turn up in your workplace that affect their operation and reputation.

There are 3 stages you needs to take notice for consideration for signing PCP-RN which are whether (1) you can pass out from nursing school, (2) pass your probation period as a staff nurse and (3) completed your 3 years bond.

Those who are in the worst situation are as Year 2 Dropout students and kick out or force to quit because failure to pass probation period as a staff nurse.

If you are interested in joining Nursing, I will advice you to study full time on your own.

Yea single with no liability, but i know myself i not the best studious person. neither i want to declare for bankruptcy, i cant imagine not to travel freely.

Kyoji83

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Operating hospital equipment does not contribute anything for joining nursing.

Try looking after 6, 12, 24 or more patients on your own without floaters like nurses to assist you in a ward.

menageatrois

Reaction score
Go parkway health nursing lor. Diploma, 8k now to match the diploma in local poly. Last time used to be more expensive.3 years and more affordable nowadays. However, I don't think you will get allowance and you have to study full-time.

Kyoji83

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
A few of my PCP seniors who fail their probation period and were ask to leave by their own or kick out by their sponsoring hospital. I also hear that some of my PCP classmates also face this problem too.

So there are always around 18% to 20% who fail to pass out from NYP and another 18% to 20% who fail to pass their probation period. Those who are kick out or fail to pass their probation period will still need to pay for their liquidated damages!

rottingapple

Banned
Reaction score
Operating hospital equipment does not contribute anything for joining nursing.

Try looking after 6, 12, 24 or more patients on your own without floaters like nurses to assist you in a ward.

I can feel your pain.

Kyoji83

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
My feeling in Nursing Industry

Reproach has broken my heart,

and I am full of heaviness;

I looked for someone to take pity,

but there was none;

and for comforters,

but I found none.

I can feel your pain.

Kyoji83

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Nicole Ng Min Qi commented:

Don’t feel like a nurse anymore.
Rushing thru to finish my work. No holistic care. No time to talk to my patients anymore. You don’t wanna eat your meds, fine. *throw and document pt refused* just cos i got no time for coaxing. Callbell consistently ringing. High fall risk patients climbing out of bed and family dun agree to restraints (wait till pt fall then wanna kpkb) , another one wanna go toilet, shouting for missy. Chasing drs for their changes. Everything at the same time with only one nurse to handle. And management still wanna add additional patient in to each cubicle (ON A TROLLEY).
I give up. I like nursing. But not like this.

Source: https://www.facebook.com/nicole.n.qi/posts/10157051731908197

magna_strike

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
My feeling in Nursing Industry

Reproach has broken my heart,

and I am full of heaviness;

I looked for someone to take pity,

but there was none;

and for comforters,

but I found none.

Where u work at, if i may ask? Im graduate from the pcp rn back in 2012. Been working at my sponsoring hospital for almost 7 years, now just decided to uproot and leave for another hospital, before trying for overseas.

havetheveryfun

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Where u work at, if i may ask? Im graduate from the pcp rn back in 2012. Been working at my sponsoring hospital for almost 7 years, now just decided to uproot and leave for another hospital, before trying for overseas.

kudos to u... u are the ray of hope for anyone who is still interested in this PCP...

Kyoji83

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
It is challenging to look for a permanent job because of this 2 points.

1) Interviewers are not interested in me when I have financial embarrassment due to liquidated damages from PCP-RN that can lead to Bankruptcy anytime.

2) If I omit this information in Job Application Form and Interview, it is hard to convince my Interviewers from a make up story to explain the years of gap in my employment history.

So end up now I am working as a freelance job like Security Officer to put foods on the table. My seniors and their seniors seem to be facing the same situation as me by working freelance like private hired/taxi drivers and security officers, part time job or low wages blue collar positions like F&B and retail assistant and we are consider the few successful cases who have yet to commit suicide or face bankruptcy. Of course, there are more successful cases such as parents sell away their HDB flat to pay off their child liquidated damages from PCP-RN.

Ts what r u doing now? Seems like u r not recovering from the shock

Kyoji83

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
There are always around 18% to 20% who fail to pass out from NYP and it mean out of 4 students (20%) who fail to pass out from 25 students (100%) intake for every batch.

Another 18% to 20% who fail to complete their bond for whatever reason such as failing their probation period. So out of 20 graduates (100%), about 4 graduates (20%) fail to complete their bond.

To conclude, there are around 8 (32%) fail cases and 17 (68%) successful cases for each PCP-RN intake.

So 17 (68%) people in each intake can be the 'ray of hope' for anyone who is still interested in PCP-RN however once you fall into 1 of the 8 (32%) people like me who have difficult life now, you are on your own cause nothing much Government can help you.

To those who are interested in PCP-RN, you have this information to make judgement if you want to take the risk to join PCP-RN.

My advice is to save money and study NP/NYP/Parkway College as a full time student. If you cannot make it, at least you will not face financial embarrassment due to liquidated damages.

For those who do not Nitec in Nursing with good GPA or GCE O result, I will advice you to give up becoming a RN because you do not meet the requirement to join NP/NYP/Parkway College as a full time student.

kudos to u... u are the ray of hope for anyone who is still interested in this PCP...

SuperVergil12

Reaction score
There are always around 18% to 20% who fail to pass out from NYP and it mean out of 4 students (20%) who fail to pass out from 25 students (100%) intake for every batch.

Another 18% to 20% who fail to complete their bond for whatever reason such as failing their probation period. So out of 20 graduates (100%), about 4 graduates (20%) fail to complete their bond.

To conclude, there are around 8 (32%) fail cases and 17 (68%) successful cases for each PCP-RN intake.

So 17 (68%) people in each intake can be the 'ray of hope' for anyone who is still interested in PCP-RN however once you fall into 1 of the 8 (32%) people like me who have difficult life now, you are on your own cause nothing much Government can help you.

To those who are interested in PCP-RN, you have this information to make judgement if you want to take the risk to join PCP-RN.

My advice is to save money and study NP/NYP/Parkway College as a full time student. If you cannot make it, at least you will not face financial embarrassment due to liquidated damages.

For those who do not Nitec in Nursing with good GPA or GCE O result, I will advice you to give up becoming a RN because you do not meet the requirement to join NP/NYP/Parkway College as a full time student.
hi there everyone, just wondering, what if you suddenly decided to quit the job after 2 years of becoming a nurse instead of 3 years for breaking the bond and planning to study other degree healthcare course which hopefully If I give my 110% focus on my studies for assignments,examinations, lab and clinical practicum ? Would the LD lesser and can afford to pay ?

Last edited:

rottingapple

Banned
Reaction score
dont ban me, i feel the need to bump this up for more awareness:s12: dont remove this thread please.

paradigm paralysis

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Ts, sorry to hear what u have been gg thru.

Maybe my focus is wrong but why locals faced such strict regulations at pcp & slapped with such hefty LD

Yet some given free education to come here or nth happens to them when they decided to return wo serving their bond etc

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.