2.0 & 2.1 speaker discussion thread IV [consolidated]

Status
Not open for further replies.

darkarn

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I have a set of Creative speakers (Creative GigaWorks T40 Series II) that died. I suspect that its power adapter may be at fault; it may be giving out enough wattage to light the LED but not enough for audio output since I can hear audio briefly whenever I plug the power plug out of the speakers.

Anyone here knows how to get 27V 1.7A adapter for it?

Thanks!

wwenze

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I have a set of Creative speakers (Creative GigaWorks T40 Series II) that died. I suspect that its power adapter may be at fault; it may be giving out enough wattage to light the LED but not enough for audio output since I can hear audio briefly whenever I plug the power plug out of the speakers.

Anyone here knows how to get 27V 1.7A adapter for it?

Thanks!

Probably not power adapter

zephyr11

Master Member
Reaction score
bit premature, but currently using the TP32EX+, don't really like the button controls for volume. got any recommendations of dac and amp combo, at least 50wpc?

-Sora-

Reaction score
bit premature, but currently using the TP32EX+, don't really like the button controls for volume. got any recommendations of dac and amp combo, at least 50wpc?

SMSL AD18 should fit you fine, your TP32EX+ dun have RCA out right? Shag man, can sell off lor.
Not liking button controls is not premature man, i factored out getting that cuz I like my knobs, need that feel

-Sora-

Reaction score
qWv3BHH.jpg

darkarn

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Power supply is fine. Something wrong with the control or biasing circuit.

Thanks! I checked power supply using multimeter, it can give about 12.7V but amphere not that sure (fluctuating between 0 and err 4?) :s13:

Sounds like the speakers are a lost cause then, given that repairing them don't seem worthwhile (their MSRP is about 120 bucks). I am even seeing sparks whenever I do that plug out thingy, which is why I don't want to proceed further. :o

Warranty was over according to friend who passed me these :(

Last edited:

wwenze

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
See if you can find a 12V or 24V DC power adapter that fits

Some T40 came with an AC-AC power adapter, and the multimeter needs to be set to AC mode

This has AC output
creative_gigaworks_t40_series_ii_speakers_1389103047_4144931d.jpg

This kind has DC output
s-l500.jpg

Last edited:

Banned
Reaction score
BOjPOhK.jpg

i also post setup!

BTW selling my SMSL AD-18, Topping PA3, Dayton Audio APA150 and JAMO S803. Anyone interested can PM me thx!

zephyr11

Master Member
Reaction score
SMSL AD18 should fit you fine, your TP32EX+ dun have RCA out right? Shag man, can sell off lor.
Not liking button controls is not premature man, i factored out getting that cuz I like my knobs, need that feel

have, RCA. i didn't think i would NOT like it this much. :s13::s13::s13::s13:

you're using the AD18?

if you are how you like it?

i'm hoping to get one that is horizontal max height about 10cm, instead of vertical (as you can see no tabletop space)

Last edited:

Amon86

Reaction score
My setup which evolve along the way

Desktop using 2.0
From Bowers and Wilkins MM1 to these X300AW
b3vV4zml.jpg

Then change to LS50
YE0OGtIl.jpg

Then now changed to PMC twenty5

My room 2.0
e8yI011l.jpg

From bowers and wilkins now change to Dyna SP40
l0tT4C5l.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.