View Single Post
Old 23-01-2019, 12:23 AM   #10
xonix
Arch-Supremacy Member

Hi all

I'm a total newbie in photography, and I'm currently looking for a camera to potentially start this hobby.

I'm trying to read as much as possible in the meantime.

My budget is around $1k, but lower will be great. I've been watching YouTube recommendations and I listed down a few:

1) FujiFlim XF10
2) FujiFlim XT100
3) Canon EOS M50
4) Ricoh GR3 (coming out soon),

Here are my requirements:

1) APS-C Sensor size.

1) Pocket-able size (I know, options 2 and 3 are not), but would be good for travelling.

2) General "All in one" camera that can be used in all situations, a "balanced" camera. I know, most would say "there is no such thing as an all in one camera or lens". But for a beginner who wants to shoot random stuff, what do you recommend? I like to take photos of landscape, animals, scenery, "street photography", plants etc

3) Should I invest more in a camera with interchangeable lens, or should i get a camera that has a fixed lens?

What if I buy the fixed lens point and shoot, and I want to change lens in future to further my photography hobby? What If I spend more and get a camera with interchangeable lens, and end up sticking to the same kit lens forever? Any experts here to chime in their opinions?
Read here first and see if it helps to answer some of your queries: https://www.dpreview.com/buying-guides

This below, how to advise you ? This is something ONLY YOU can decide, wherther you want to jump straight to system cameras or start with simple cameras first. When I started this hobby, I started with PnS first and moving to M43 after learning the basics.

" What if I buy the fixed lens point and shoot, and I want to change lens in future to further my photography hobby? What If I spend more and get a camera with interchangeable lens, and end up sticking to the same kit lens forever? Any experts here to chime in their opinions? "

Last edited by xonix; 23-01-2019 at 12:27 AM..
xonix is offline   Reply With Quote