Ask me any questions - Part 2

thwysg

Reaction score
not yet book hotel cos confuse with the Transport route hope to finish Osaka, Kyoto and Kobe last.
please advise.

Decide how many days you want to stay in each area first.

9D for 6 areas is a little tight, unless you wish to do touch-and-go and not coming back to Japan again. Flying into Nagoya and out from Osaka would be better - no need to make a loop.

Why not just stick to Kansai - Osaka/ Kyoto/ Kobe/ Himeji if this was your first visit to the West? Save more time from traveling and money from buying expensive passes, you’ll probably enjoy more.

You can access Shirakawa-go from either Takayama or Kanazawa.

Kyoto is directly connected to Kanazawa via Limited Express Thunderbird. Are you using a Pass? Are you comfortable with taking express buses if you’re not using any train pass?

The issue now is how you would travel to Kanazawa or Takayama from Osaka. Either you take an express bus directly (provided you could reach the bus stop on time after touching down) or stay overnight in Osaka then make your way over Kanazawa/ Takayama in the morning.

Bus timetable for Osaka/ Kyoto <-> Takayama (take note of arrival time)
https://www.nouhibus.co.jp/highwaybus/osaka_en/#timetable

Kobe can be a day trip from Osaka.

Soccerpunter888

Master Member
Reaction score
Is the world renowned Kobe Beef worth trying? saw alot of youtube videos gushing about it but the price is abit steep.

is it like a once in a lifetime experience?

thwysg

Reaction score
Thank you!

Any idea if it's convenient for a pram?

Sent from HUAWEI CLT-L29 using GAGT

From the looks of the layout of Tocho-mae station, it doesn’t seem to have an escalator at the last staircase to A5 Exit. Use a carrier instead of a pram.
https://www.kotsu.metro.tokyo.jp/subway/stations/tochomae.html#solid

thwysg

Reaction score
Is the world renowned Kobe Beef worth trying? saw alot of youtube videos gushing about it but the price is abit steep.

Why do you stick to Kobe beef when you can eat other brands of kuroge wagyu in Japan?

purpleberry

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

It's just marketing. There are other more delicious, mind-blowing beef experience for me.

whuttt

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Planning first trip to Japan.
It seems that airfares to Narita is cheaper than Haneda. But I read that Haneda is closer to Tokyo. If accommodations in tokyo, is it worth to pay more for Haneda or can take the cheaper fare for Narita? Thank you.

VD

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
You need to consider the cost and traveling from Narita. what is the cost difference?n

juxtaposition

Reaction score
More flights n timing for NRT
Can always use NEX promo so no issue

Planning first trip to Japan.
It seems that airfares to Narita is cheaper than Haneda. But I read that Haneda is closer to Tokyo. If accommodations in tokyo, is it worth to pay more for Haneda or can take the cheaper fare for Narita? Thank you.

chainer22

Reaction score
any place to recommend for getting slip-on winter boots for men (preferably suitable for daily city use, not just snow)?

got a pair from timberland which is comfy but the thought of having to remove footwear to enter certain shops is just zzz

Gixxerfied

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Well just check..My first time land in NRT nv check, just done with stuff and walk to get my NEX ticket..Ask for next train to Shinjuku and it was like 5mins later so decide to take it slow..Wait for the next one which was about 15-20mins..Took ANA flight thou.

Soccerpunter888

Master Member
Reaction score
Hi guys, im intending to visit japan in Mid March for possibly a 10 days trip. It's my first time visiting japan and it's a solo trip unless something happens :s13::s13:

need some advise on what flight to take and how to get the cheapest? accommodation im probably settling for hostel so not really an issue.

thanks in advance!

thwysg

Reaction score
Hi guys, im intending to visit japan in Mid March for possibly a 10 days trip. It's my first time visiting japan and it's a solo trip unless something happens :s13::s13:

need some advise on what flight to take and how to get the cheapest? accommodation im probably settling for hostel so not really an issue.

thanks in advance!

Try skyscanner. Budget airlines since you have a tight budget, unless you don’t mind Malaysia Airlines.

tjkb230

Master Member
Reaction score

thanks in advance!

Cheapest means got stopover. How long also depends on airline.
You ok with stopover?

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.