2018 Google Pixel 3 and 3XL...πŸ˜—πŸŽ‰πŸ˜΅

Vulpix

Reaction score
Oh I thought it is standard across all phones?

On Pixel phones, you can toggle individual permissions for individual apps. You can also view permissions by categories and toggle on/off for individual apps.

I haven't been using Samsung phones for quite some time but what kind of customisation do they allow?

From what I tried at Singtel it's a bit different, but tomorrow I can probably get a better idea, or I might be wrong since I had very little time with the Pixel at Singtel itself.

kEvinErd

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
From what I tried at Singtel it's a bit different, but tomorrow I can probably get a better idea, or I might be wrong since I had very little time with the Pixel at Singtel itself.
Permissions aside, the level of customisation you can have for notifications on the Pixel is so granular it's crazy. Hahaha you either have lots of fun toggling them, or go crazy doing so.

marshroom

Reaction score
Re: Screen protector

Hi,

Anyone using sgfresh InvisShield? I realized I have one of these at home and thinking if I should use it? Any feedback on this SP???

I bought 1 adhesive from Amazon which the sized fits nicely and responsive but it attracts a lot of dust at the side, thus i took it off and now without SP.

KeYoKe

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi,

Anyone using sgfresh InvisShield? I realized I have one of these at home and thinking if I should use it? Any feedback on this SP???

I bought 1 adhesive from Amazon which the sized fits nicely and responsive but it attracts a lot of dust at the side, thus i took it off and now without SP.

I think most screen protectors side will attract dust especially those loca base type

For me i avoid all loca based TG as the glue will sip in between the gaps between the screen and the frame which for pixel 3 xl the gap is quite big, and can be quite ugly after the glue dry

fevern0va

Reaction score
Hi,

Don't use that crap if u value ur phone...

||||||||||

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi,

damn freaking messy. All the loca flood into my speaker.

Compare to Whitestone application method really big difference

Worst thing it lifted up after 1 week.

wizardmao

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I find pixel 3 permissions settings are not as comprehensive as the one I see on Samsung. I'm not saying Pixel doesn't let you customize, rather I feel it's not letting you customize enough for a Google phone.

When you say what samsung offers, which device and version you referring to? I only have access to my family member s8.

As a pixel 2 xl user since launched with Oreo, i feel the app notifications and permissions are already very well presented and customizable.

I noticed you mention your experience at singtel stores. Im assuming theirs is probably in the demo mode and maybe theres a certain lockdown so you arent able to fully access everything.

wizardmao

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
How do you customise your notofications?

Settings > apps & notifications > "Notifications" (this is global setting)

Settings > apps & notifications > see all apps > *choose your app* e.g. whatsapp > Notifications (this is custom for whatsapp)

wizardmao

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi,

Many pages back some users here feedback they dont really like it due to the loca glue used and design of the tgsp.

I personally use my pixel 2 xl since 14th nov 2017 till now with no tgsp. As good as brand new still.

Ks1991

Reaction score
Well, I ordered last week, the delivery date can set one so I set tomorrow which is the earliest they can. I still don't understand why the White one so hard to get, cannot collect from my nearby Singtel outlet, must die die pay $8 for the pop station delivery.

You could have talked to singtel live chat and request for pop station 8 dollars charge to be wavied off. Did it with mate 20 pro delivery back in December 2018.

Vulpix

Reaction score
You could have talked to singtel live chat and request for pop station 8 dollars charge to be wavied off. Did it with mate 20 pro delivery back in December 2018.

I did but they say cannot. No longer flexible because it's "special" wtf.

Vulpix

Reaction score
I'm getting worried, my singtel account the delivery status hasn't changed since last week. They better not screw up the delivery today...

KeYoKe

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I'm getting worried, my singtel account the delivery status hasn't changed since last week. They better not screw up the delivery today...

Is like that one. Mine also never change then suddenly deliver haha

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.