Recommendation: Reliable workshops in JB

skai_11

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Yea, Carclick I think now only Ah Yuan handling. Gonna be very busy and understaffed. He say wan text me engine mount price also forgot hahaha...

Just opened few months + location quite ulu + bigger and established workshop next door, can reach this busy state means he is really very good!

messi1986

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I've actually seen a number of sg cars in that big workshop with the green board. Got sg TypeR also sometimes :s13: I'm tempted to try them out. Might contact them actually to see how they quote. Ah Yuan looks like too busy liao.. Msg him no reply.. I was going to try LCH Batteries and Tyres cos they gave me a fair quote but got delayed at Sheng yesterday.

How is LCH Batteries and Tyres?

Going there change tyres?

HellHunter

Reaction score
How is LCH Batteries and Tyres?

Going there change tyres?

Haven't had the chance to go yet, might try tomorrow. I'm not doing tyres though, have to replace a leaking power steering pump.

Want my carlube? I have 2 btls to let go :s13:

Note: I'm serious ah. Overstocked too many Shell Helix & other engine oil liao.

I actually wanted to try carlube to see how it feels for my engine. NTUC had promo last month but I didn't get a chance to go down.. you have the 5L bottles? How much? :o

HellHunter

Reaction score
Let me know how much bro.. my power steering pump leaking also

LCH Batteries and Tyres quoted me RM120 for the labour bro, I supply part. If get part from them it varies quite a bit depending if genuine, OEM, used part. If you car not left long and you don't mind used I managed to find a scrapyard in JB that sources all their parts from half cuts of SG cars. Cheap parts, how long it'll last is a ? :o Although excellent for panel parts/lamps etc. I got my power steering pump used for RM280.

LCH batteries and tyres had quoted RM500 for used part with labour, CarClick when I'd dropped by a week back was RM580. I got LTEN PRO to quote but the quote was a bit arbitrary over the phone..he like didn't have a figure so just agar and said RM200 for labour, I supply part. Hawk Tayar said must bring down and supervisor can quote in store. I might pop by one of their outlets on the way to LCH Batteries and tyres to see how they quote since their labour quite standard.

One odd thing though, my ps fluid reservoir had started dropping and I'd have to top up after parked overnight. Had it checked, power steering pump leaking. After a few days of leaking while I sourced the pump, the last few days, ps fluid reservoir has been the same level..super weird..now I have a used ps pump in my boot and am unsure if to replace. :s13: I'll let the workshops have a second look and determine what's going on..can't do much without getting under the car.

Last edited:

myviowner

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
LCH Batteries and Tyres quoted me RM120 for the labour bro, I supply part. If get part from them it varies quite a bit depending if genuine, OEM, used part. If you car not left long and you don't mind used I managed to find a scrapyard in JB that sources all their parts from half cuts of SG cars. Cheap parts, how long it'll last is a ? :o Although excellent for panel parts/lamps etc. I got my power steering pump used for RM280.

LCH batteries and tyres had quoted RM500 for used part with labour, CarClick when I'd dropped by a week back was RM580. I got LTEN PRO to quote but the quote was a bit arbitrary over the phone..he like didn't have a figure so just agar and said RM200 for labour, I supply part. Hawk Tayar said must bring down and supervisor can quote in store. I might pop by one of their outlets on the way to LCH Batteries and tyres to see how they quote since their labour quite standard.

One odd thing though, my ps fluid reservoir had started dropping and I'd have to top up after parked overnight. Had it checked, power steering pump leaking. After a few days of leaking while I sourced the pump, the last few days, ps fluid reservoir has been the same level..super weird..now I have a used ps pump in my boot and am unsure if to replace. :s13: I'll let the workshops have a second look and determine what's going on..can't do much without getting under the car.

Maybe the rust/dirt inside the PS system some how clogged up the leaking point, then leakage stopped :D:D
Just my wild guess.

HellHunter

Reaction score
Maybe the rust/dirt inside the PS system some how clogged up the leaking point, then leakage stopped :D:D
Just my wild guess.

:s13: that was my guess also...something might have clogged it..at first I thought maybe water from the rain plus dust/dirt combined and dried to form a sort of paste on the outside. :o Will check again later this evening to see if any drop in the reservoir.

funky05

Reaction score

My SG workshop said my power steering pump is slowly leaking but not urgent.. this was in Oct 2018 but still I wanna get it done..

I think parts I may get from Ming Ghee and go LCH (near prata shop) to do.. I did my gasket there, very clean job.

HellHunter

Reaction score
My SG workshop said my power steering pump is slowly leaking but not urgent.. this was in Oct 2018 but still I wanna get it done..

I think parts I may get from Ming Ghee and go LCH (near prata shop) to do.. I did my gasket there, very clean job.

Oic, yup that might be the best way to go about it. LCH near prata shop I guess is LCH Bros? at Jalan Perkasa? Do let me know, if you can, if you get a labour quote from them.

luv_boa

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Did EO change at ah yuan on sat. Checked my EO level. It's 1cm above the max line on the dip stick. Is it ok?

seanboi

Reaction score
Hi, any recommendations for shops carrying Michelin tires? Looking for Primacy 4 in 15inch. Contacted a number of shops only Safe n Save has it but their reviews seems mixed and a fellow forumer also mentioned earlier that his valves were leaking.

snipfer

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi, any recommendations for shops carrying Michelin tires? Looking for Primacy 4 in 15inch. Contacted a number of shops only Safe n Save has it but their reviews seems mixed and a fellow forumer also mentioned earlier that his valves were leaking.

Valve leaking small issue, RM20 settled. So far they were the cheapest

Sent from Xiaomi MI MAX 2 using GAGT

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.