Wechat wallet

MiloMocha

Reaction score
it's not difficult to 实名认证 . just send your passport all those over.

no idea why so many singaporeans scare here and there. simple things don't want to try

I did upload my passport and my passport number was accepted by Alipay, but I was stuck at the card step, all my cards unable to verify, the error message 暂不支持此卡开通服务,建议使用其他银行卡. I tried POSB, DBS, BOC and SC, all failed. Would like to know which SG bank card they will accept for the verification purpose?

SibehHL

Reaction score
it's not difficult to 实名认证 . just send your passport all those over.

no idea why so many singaporeans scare here and there. simple things don't want to try

Would interpret above post as your Alipay account is verified using Sinkie passport and linked to a SG bank cards then.

Have you tried successfully to scan and pay directly to vendors; for example street vendors in China? Thanks in advance.

MiloMocha

Reaction score
I suppose you have the wechat account setup earlier than 2018. If you can receive angpow, there should be no issue to spend the balance, same as my main wechat account which was set up some years ago. Initially I could receive and send angpow without any verification, later I had to add my SG bank card to continue using the angpow function. I did not use wechat pay during my June 2017 business trip to Shanghai to pay for Street vendors but I did use it successfully with my personal trip to Fujian in Dec 2018.

Yup, my account was set up before 2018, maybe that's why I can receive angpow? Good to know that I can use, and hoping to visit China soon, although I knew it's quite unlikely. :(

SibehHL

Reaction score
Yup, my account was set up before 2018, maybe that's why I can receive angpow? Good to know that I can use, and hoping to visit China soon, although I knew it's quite unlikely. :(

When was the last time you received/open up a AngPao?

My SG linked WeChat account stopped the receiving AngPao function since Nov 18. Can still send AngPaos but cannot open those send to me.... Pop-up says must verify account first :(

MiloMocha

Reaction score
I see. Aliexpress might be a viable alternative to 1688.

My wife used a bit of Aliexpress last time (along with Amazon USA) before switching to Taobao/Tall. She is now using 3rd party 淘宝集运 service through various wechat 团购群 in Singapore. Need to pay 7% GST but with lower sea shipment fee. Still worth it because official Taobao shipping service does not ship quite some product to Singapore.

Oh yes, you reminded me that I can use Aliexpress. I used to buy from Aliexpress too, but that was 4-5 years ago.

So the wechat 团购群 ship via sea? The official Taobao forwarders are getting worse, especially now 4PX is gone and the Global Direct Shipping price increased a lot (not the rate increased but the price they quoted when I check out is ridiculously high compared to my previous orders).

Figure I should go check the Taobao threads and try out 3rd party forwarders.

MiloMocha

Reaction score
When was the last time you received/open up a AngPao?

My SG linked WeChat account stopped the receiving AngPao function since Nov 18. Can still send AngPaos but cannot open those send to me.... Pop-up says must verify account first :(

Last week, exact date 28 Dec 2018.

Same here, prompted me to verify when I tapped on the Ang Pow, and I was able to verify with my DBS debit card and opened/received it, till now the fund still in my wallet.

xiaofan

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Oh yes, you reminded me that I can use Aliexpress. I used to buy from Aliexpress too, but that was 4-5 years ago.

So the wechat 团购群 ship via sea? The official Taobao forwarders are getting worse, especially now 4PX is gone and the Global Direct Shipping price increased a lot (not the rate increased but the price they quoted when I check out is ridiculously high compared to my previous orders).

Figure I should go check the Taobao threads and try out 3rd party forwarders.

Yes the 团购群 uses 3rd party forwarders and usually sea shipment. For food items sometimes air shipment is used.

My wife used to use the official Taobao forwarders like COE 中通秀驿 but laterly they get worse and she got introduced to various wechat 团购群 through friends.

seowbin

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I did upload my passport and my passport number was accepted by Alipay, but I was stuck at the card step, all my cards unable to verify, the error message 暂不支持此卡开通服务,建议使用其他银行卡. I tried POSB, DBS, BOC and SC, all failed. Would like to know which SG bank card they will accept for the verification purpose?

Would interpret above post as your Alipay account is verified using Sinkie passport and linked to a SG bank cards then.

Have you tried successfully to scan and pay directly to vendors; for example street vendors in China? Thanks in advance.

there are many singaporeans with alipay that they added singapore bank card BUT limited for taobao/tmall purpose

---> to do that, add it via your taobao account which is in term linked to alipay

Your sg debit or credit card won't work for making payment to China vendor on the street as of yet...

to get it working globally,
1) if you want to add china bank card, means you can debit and credit from your china bank account directly
or

2) otherwise, just pay a 3rd party to transfer you in RMB and use it in taobao, china , singapore or anywhere else in the world that you see that alipay QR code on display.

anyway, those need RMB can PM me. I will offer you a rate, if ok then we can deal :s13:
i can support wechat and alipay.

You are in charge of getting yourself verified, not my taiji :s34:

Last edited:

susan_snowrain

Reaction score
Hi can recommend a seller from carousell or other websites that is reliable to top up wechat using red packets? Thanks.

roger595

Reaction score
Yes the 团购群 uses 3rd party forwarders and usually sea shipment. For food items sometimes air shipment is used.

My wife used to use the official Taobao forwarders like COE 中通秀驿 but laterly they get worse and she got introduced to various wechat 团购群 through friends.

Hi xiaofan , its out of topic .. but sent you a PM!

Myu~sun

Master Member
Reaction score
there are many singaporeans with alipay that they added singapore bank card BUT limited for taobao/tmall purpose

---> to do that, add it via your taobao account which is in term linked to alipay

Your sg debit or credit card won't work for making payment to China vendor on the street as of yet...

to get it working globally,
1) if you want to add china bank card, means you can debit and credit from your china bank account directly
or

2) otherwise, just pay a 3rd party to transfer you in RMB and use it in taobao, china , singapore or anywhere else in the world that you see that alipay QR code on display.

anyway, those need RMB can PM me. I will offer you a rate, if ok then we can deal :s13:
i can support wechat and alipay.

You are in charge of getting yourself verified, not my taiji :s34:

I'm finding wechat$$$. What's the daily cap for transfer?

xiaofan

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I'm finding wechat$$$. What's the daily cap for transfer?

If you have linked to a mainland China bank card (a proper WeChat China Wallet needs to be linked to that), then you can check in the app for the limit of your particular card.

https://kf.qq.com/touch/faq/151210NZzmuY151210ZRj2y2.html

Yearly limit for 微信零钱支付 is RMB 200,000 but I've seen reports some people only got half of that.
http://kf.qq.com/touch/faq/130807me2YZf140618BFV77J.html

If not linked to a mainland China bank card, then I can not find any official documents now. Some old number in the web is like RMB1000 per day or RMB 2000 per month or around there. But you are supposed to have linked to a mainland bank card now so this is probably a gray area.

Edit to add: found official document here.

https://kf.qq.com/touch/sappfaq/161017nMz6NN161017I3MFb2.html

https://kf.qq.com/touch/sappfaq/170608fMvUJb170608ARB32q.html

You will have a limit of RMB1000 the whole life so it is kind of useless. But I am not 100% sure if this is really the case for those who finished the 实名认证 using foreign credit card but do not have a mainland China bank card. The amount I paid to vendors and Ang Bao sent out surely exceeded RMB1000 in 2018.

Previously:
未实名认证 单笔:最高1000元, 每日:最高1000元, 每月:最高2000元。

Now:
未实名认证 单笔:最高1000元,
终生:最高1000元。

Last edited:

Myu~sun

Master Member
Reaction score
实名认证 already done. Not tied to mainland card. Can't open acc. Only have mainland no. Now. I ask 2 person to send me already. On 22 Jan my fren send me 1k rmb. Today 23 Jan my another friend send me 2k rmb. They out of rmb already. I'm looking for more but not sure how much I can received.

xiaofan

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
实名认证 already done. Not tied to mainland card. Can't open acc. Only have mainland no. Now. I ask 2 person to send me already. On 22 Jan my fren send me 1k rmb. Today 23 Jan my another friend send me 2k rmb. They out of rmb already. I'm looking for more but not sure how much I can received.

Last time it is said to have no limit in terms of receiving money but you can use only up to RMB2000 per month. Now I do not know.

Potential problem is that you can receive but can not spend or transfer out to others.

Old info in 2017
https://zhidao.baidu.com/question/1770499788541122740.html?entrytime=1548250024599

微信钱包余额限额:

1 未实名认证 :付款单笔最高1000元, 每日最高1000元,每月最高2000元;收款无限制;

2、已实名认证 :付款每日最高20000元;每年限额20万;收款无限制;

3 微信支付时可以选择以绑定的银行卡支付,银行卡支付也有限额,不同银行的限额不一样。

Last edited:

xiaofan

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

My suggestion is to try to send back the RMB3000 you have to one of your two friends as a test to see you can beat the new RMB1000 whole life limit or the old RMB2000 per month limit. I tend to believe you can but it is nevertheless a first step. If you can not past this step then no need to get more RMB already.

What are you trying to do here? Depending on what you want to do, a remit service or 3rd party paying service may be a better choice.

All the wechat wallet account not linked to a main China bank account are now kind of grey and they may or may not work.

Example: this guy posted in early 2018 about the trick and then could not get it to work in late 2018.
https://crossborder.digital/how-to-set-up-your-wechat-wallet-without-a-chinese-bank-account/

Last edited:

Myu~sun

Master Member
Reaction score
My suggestion is to try to send back the RMB3000 you have to one of your two friends as a test to see you can beat the new RMB1000 whole life limit or the old RMB2000 per month limit. I tend to believe you can but it is nevertheless a first step. If you can not past this step then no need to get more RMB already.

What are you trying to do here? Depending on what you want to do, a remit service or 3rd party paying service may be a better choice.

All the wechat wallet account not linked to a main China bank account are now kind of grey and they may or may not work.

Example: this guy posted in early 2018 about the trick and then could not get it to work in late 2018.
https://crossborder.digital/how-to-set-up-your-wechat-wallet-without-a-chinese-bank-account/

I need it to make some payment for the goods I'm buying.

So far my wechat acc is good to use in China store and such (super convenience). Not sure why able to as my 1st trip during Nov2018 I tried but fail. But this time I tried for this China trip I use wechat to pay no issue. I use it to pay for more then 1500rmb already.

I will try to see if I can make another payment of 2k+ then report back here. Haha.

xiaofan

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I need it to make some payment for the goods I'm buying.

So far my wechat acc is good to use in China store and such (super convenience). Not sure why able to as my 1st trip during Nov2018 I tried but fail. But this time I tried for this China trip I use wechat to pay no issue. I use it to pay for more then 1500rmb already.

I will try to see if I can make another payment of 2k+ then report back here. Haha.

Yes it would be interesting to know if you can break the RMB 2000 per month paying limit mentioned in the old documents. I have never need to pass that limit myself since getting the wechat wallet function in 2014.

Myu~sun

Master Member
Reaction score
Yes it would be interesting to know if you can break the RMB 2000 per month paying limit mentioned in the old documents. I have never need to pass that limit myself since getting the wechat wallet function in 2014.

update :

i make a 2.2k rmb payment to my supplier =D

just gotten my fren sent over 3k rmb to me. all is good . but no official document really zzz .

xiaofan

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
update :

i make a 2.2k rmb payment to my supplier =D

just gotten my fren sent over 3k rmb to me. all is good . but no official document really zzz .

That is good to know. I tend to think they will allow you to spend whatever amount in your account as long as it is not a huge sum (just do not know how big is this sum).

Anyway this is a gray area. Just get things done asap and do not keep too much amount in the account.

durain

Master Member
Reaction score
just to SIC with the bros here, Qoo10 got one user NPN doing wechat wallet top up at rate of 1sgd: 4.5rmb .(can use qoo10 vouchers, Exchange rate is favourable 5.2, if you know how to stack coupons and use the most ex voucher) Basically you pay, QR code gets sent to your email, you scan the code and it goes directly to your wallet. (my wallet is registered to my SG visa card only, no local card, no local china number linked to wechat)

very surprised the ang pao didnt get rejected. :X

\\\\NO LONGER RELEVANT VALID AS OF MARCH19\\\\\ (seller on qoo10 explicitly states you need china bank card linked. Not sure it will work for new wallet opening already sorry. Consider this avenue closed for now)

Last edited:
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.