Xiaomi MIPAD 4

Audiology93

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi guys,

I am considering buying mipad 4 64GB on qoo10. Do you guys recommend the playstore installation service on qoo10? Its only $3.50 more, but i am coming more from angle of receiving a sealed set.
I wouldn't trust any of them to install play store for me. Prefer to do it myself since I know which version I'm installing.

Sent from HUAWEI Mate 20 using GAGT

osh6

Reaction score
I wonder what is the fetish with sealed sets since we all know, item can be opened and shop sealed again. Not too much trouble to seal anything.

Especially if the set comes with 1 mth shop warranty, they will definitely want to make sure the set are cosmetically and internally functioning before resealing and sell with that shop warranty.

Its actually not about the set is sealed in factory or seller, when buying Mipad 4, seller usually offer 2 option

Option 1 Sealed(Dosen't matter factory sealed or seller sealed)
(Here it mean Playstore will not be installed,
user will install themselves)(This is the reason
for choosing sealed set)

Option 2 Open Set(This mean seller will install playstore for
buyer)(This option had a number of
complaints of playstore not working well)

Hence since we knows where to download the Google Installer apk(Its easily found), its most recommended to install by ourselves(Choosing sealed set), as this option had the least issues.Its all about Whether buyer wants the Playstore to be pre-installed or not.

Last edited:

stonefish35

Master Member
Reaction score
Its actually not about the set is sealed in factory or seller, when buying Mipad 4, seller usually offer 2 option

Option 1 Sealed(Dosen't matter factory sealed or seller sealed)
(Here it mean Playstore will not be installed,
user will install themselves)(This is the reason
for choosing sealed set)

Option 2 Open Set(This mean seller will install playstore for
buyer)(This option had a number of
complaints of playstore not working well)

Hence since we knows where to download the Google Installer apk(Its easily found), its most recommended to install by ourselves(Choosing sealed set), as this option had the least issues.Its all about Whether buyer wants the Playstore to be pre-installed or not.

I see, thanks for the insight. Anyway, not an issue installing playstore.

unfortunately I managed to hard bricked my mipad4 LTE and also revived it via the microsd card slot using the short circuit method. and reinstalled everything. Guess I will stick to the stock china rom for awhile. :s13::s13:

KiriyaAiji

Reaction score
Hi all, I just bought mipad4 4/64gb wifi sealed set from Finer & installed Google Playstore by myself. Then I realise I cannot download Pogo. :( May I know if anyone has mipad4 & can play Pogo successfully? Thanks!

eriol125

Reaction score
Hi all, I just bought mipad4 4/64gb wifi sealed set from Finer & installed Google Playstore by myself. Then I realise I cannot download Pogo. :( May I know if anyone has mipad4 & can play Pogo successfully? Thanks!
Wifi set dun have GPS so cannot play PoGo

Sent from HUAWEI CLT-L29 using GAGT

faithsilence

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Just received mine. ! Managed to install play store. I realised mine comes with a Matt screen protector?

vitalstab

Reaction score
Yeps. When I insert the micro SD card, I can choose to format it as internal storage which merges the mSD card storage with the internal storage capacity. This is also the reason why I didn't buy the 4GB RAM with 64G storage since I've got a spare mSD card. Not worth paying the extra money for just 1GB RAM.

I wonder what's the difference between formatting it as internal storage and using it as an external storage apart from not being able to use the mSD on other devices. Will formatting as internal storage boost the reading speed?

Update:
I googled a bit and found the answers to my questions. :o

Source: https://fossbytes.com/android-sd-card-internal-storage-adoptable-storage/

Some important things to consider

SD cards are slow

This is the painful reality of these tiny memory chips. Even though they can store tons of data, they’re slower than the internal storage and have a limited number of read-write cycles. Using SD card as a permanent storage would require more frequent read/write operation, and it would degrade its performance over time.

Android does a performance benchmark of your SD card to make sure it’s fast enough to match the internal memory. It warns about the performance of the external storage and may even decline to adopt if the SD card is extremely slow.
Your Android will literally adopt the storage

With Adoptable Storage, Android encrypts the external SD card being used as an internal storage, thus, it gets tied to a specific Android device. The key used to encrypt the data on the SD card is stored on the Android device’s internal memory. So, it is not possible to mount an adopted storage to another device because of its encrypted nature.

However, you can remove the storage from your device and put it back on. The device will remember the details about the apps installed on the adopted SD card to reverse the settings with the adopted storage is connected later on. This way you can use another SD card also.

Always make sure, you don’t remove the adopted SD card without following the unmount procedure, otherwise, the storage media might get corrupted.

How to make the SD card portable again?

If you want, you can roll back the changes made by the Adoptable Storage feature. Follow the steps mentioned below:

Redo the option to: Format SD card as internal then tap Format. Now, you can use the SD card as portable storage and mount it on any other Android device.

Is the Mi Pad 4 able to use Adoptable Storage? I know not all android devices allows this function.

I'm looking at the Pad 4 and the Pad Plus (64GB VS 128GB) cause I do not want to run out of space if I'm not able to install apps on the SD Card.

bigass

Reaction score
I bgt with pre download playstore. In the end i uninstalled it and diy. Waste money. Pm them on qoo10 also no reply

Ya, sealed set is better considering that there are many complaints about their pre installed playstore.
downloaded and Installed the google installer from here https://en.miui.com/thread-3099132-1-1.html, just follow the instruction to install and allow all permission for all Google Play Store, Google Framework and other Google Play Store related Apps, no issue at all.
I bought my Mipad 4 Wifi 4/64 from finer at qoo10

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.