[OFFICIAL] Taiwan Guide and Taiwan related matters - Part 8

Status
Not open for further replies.

seianko

Suspended
Reaction score
there are 2 queues: one for citizens and one for foreigners. the foreigners queue has 2 types of clearance: e-gate (default) and manned counters. i noticed some foreigners are automatically directed to manned counters by customs officers. i guess certain nationalities cannot use the e-gate. i used the e-gate and got thru' with no fuss.
e-gate is bio passport right?

or e-gate needs a particular card holder? while i was there, there was a board that says only if u hold a certain card

calkel20

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
e-gate is bio passport right?

or e-gate needs a particular card holder? while i was there, there was a board that says only if u hold a certain card

E-gate works for us on departure.
But like what i have said, sometimes they do direct to stamping area.

twosix

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Yeh bus is very near and took ard or less than 40 mins usually and can see many things. But guess repeat visitors like me will take the train next time to see new scenery. But thinking back for such short distance tw charged so much more compared to our sg mrt and buses from changi lol.

wait till u visit other countries like japan. it is easily >$10 per trip.

efreelancer

Reaction score
wait till u visit other countries like japan. it is easily >$10 per trip.

Haha cannot compared tw to Jp la cos everything there much cheaper compared to sg and tokyo. Anyway I took trains in Japan before. Can actually foot the price of budget airlines tickets lol

figo16

Banned
Reaction score
Yeh bus is very near and took ard or less than 40 mins usually and can see many things. But guess repeat visitors like me will take the train next time to see new scenery. But thinking back for such short distance tw charged so much more compared to our sg mrt and buses from changi lol.

i always sleep on the bus. nice comfortable seats. You can't compare with sbs bus cause the seats on kuo kuang bus are like the ones on sg-kl aeroline bus

take train very troublesome. cannot sleep cause must keep an eye on the luggage and train usually very crowded.

calkel20

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
i always sleep on the bus. nice comfortable seats. You can't compare with sbs bus cause the seats on kuo kuang bus are like the ones on sg-kl aeroline bus

take train very troublesome. cannot sleep cause must keep an eye on the luggage and train usually very crowded.
Yes.
I think so too.
And also i have encountered homeless and drunkards on the taoyuan metro when they first launch its services.
LLST, get off train and board next service.

kenapa siol

Master Member
Reaction score
Hello, any recommended bag shop to buy big luggage bag at xmd? My one the wheel give way liao. Just need a big one to dong back to SG tmr lol

figo16

Banned
Reaction score
Yes.
I think so too.
And also i have encountered homeless and drunkards on the taoyuan metro when they first launch its services.
LLST, get off train and board next service.

I notice the kuokuang bus driver will sometimes check the ticket twice. One at the beginning of journey and then he will collect ticket at end of the journey. What happens if I lose the ticket? Is cab fare for all Taiwan taxis the same? There are many different types of taxis - Toyota Camry , Honda Jazz and even 1990s Mercedes e class

calkel20

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I notice the kuokuang bus driver will sometimes check the ticket twice. One at the beginning of journey and then he will collect ticket at end of the journey. What happens if I lose the ticket? Is cab fare for all Taiwan taxis the same? There are many different types of taxis - Toyota Camry , Honda Jazz and even 1990s Mercedes e class
Cab is fixed.
Cny 1-10/2 surcharge will kick in.

kenapa siol

Master Member
Reaction score
Near taipei main station.
花陰街
If not will be underground liao.

Okies, will go there see see. By the way, saw some 28 inch big luggage selling at 1500 at xmd, is it consider cheap?

And also, money changer or atm witdraw is better if need some cash to buy road side stall stuffs?

Thank you

twosix

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Sakura in YMS is blooming already.

XrquEhE.jpg

calkel20

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Okies, will go there see see. By the way, saw some 28 inch big luggage selling at 1500 at xmd, is it consider cheap?

And also, money changer or atm witdraw is better if need some cash to buy road side stall stuffs?

Thank you
Decently priced.
Roadside stores?
Cash.
But money changers only banks.
No roadside changers one.

kenapa siol

Master Member
Reaction score
Decently priced.
Roadside stores?
Cash.
But money changers only banks.
No roadside changers one.

Sun all bank not open. Hotel offer money exchange but 100 to 2100 only. Will withdrawing from atm better? Or 2100 is gd enough?

By the way, today wind is chilly despite at 15 deg.

calkel20

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Sun all bank not open. Hotel offer money exchange but 100 to 2100 only. Will withdrawing from atm better? Or 2100 is gd enough?

Up to u.
Never withdrew from atm b4 in tw.
So how to advise?
If u can use paywave, then use lor.

koreanlover

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

I withdrew from DBS ATM in Taipei before. No extra charge but rate was lower than SG money changer. Remember to enable overseas withdrawal first.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.