[Official] Monster Hunter World discussion thread

straweffigy

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
monster hunter noob here. what do you guys do in early game? whack the assigned mission or just do investigations? I don' know if I have to grind and farm in early game or not? What should I be focusing on?

Just focus on story progression for now.. the armor initially don't need farm one until you get to High Rank.

As you progress with the story, it's more important to find out which weapon style suits you.

moveman69

Reaction score
Where is the best place to buy MHW PC version? My friend lent me his PS4 version and I totally cannot get used to the fact that I need to use the left joystick to adjust my viewing.

I saw from earlier posts some bros here buy from GMG. Is the price shown in USD or SGD?

Runez

Master Member
Reaction score
Where is the best place to buy MHW PC version? My friend lent me his PS4 version and I totally cannot get used to the fact that I need to use the left joystick to adjust my viewing.

I saw from earlier posts some bros here buy from GMG. Is the price shown in USD or SGD?

u left handed? use southpaw?

moveman69

Reaction score
u left handed? use southpaw?

nah was kinda trying only and I've got to return the game to my friend. Are there more MHW gamers on PS4 or PC? since its not corss platform compatible, need to factor in this as a consideration

Though honestly, PC graphics(tried on *ahem* version) like way way better than PS4 graphics.

moooze

Reaction score
i bought my mh digital version i think from the asia psn store, but a bit confused on how the online system work

understand that i need psn+ to play online so,

1. if i get an asia psn+ can i play it with ppl who have a us psn+ ?

2. can my asia mh4 play with US mh4 versions?

3. any groups in here that casually play? looking for ppl to play with bought the game half a year ago but only play like 30mins :(

thanks!

dio brando

Master Member
Reaction score

3. any groups in here that casually play? looking for ppl to play with bought the game half a year ago but only play like 30mins :(

1. can. just not cross platform

2. didn't own one. i assume is can also

3. ppl here got discord

personally i totally stop playing liao. *maybe* back checking for Geralt and ATNerg. and of course back full time for Iceborne. (not hating the game, 450++ hours)

adamant58r

Reaction score
anyone here bought the Xbox one Version for MHW?

I preordered from gadget solution an found out it is a USA version. cant buy any DLC or Cosmetic cos it says "Currently unavailable" but if i change my location to USA on my xbox i can see all the items for sale including the samurai armour set.

really sucks if i cant buy the new ICeborn DLC next april-june if it is a paid DLC.

if anyone has solution or bypass to this help me out.

Thanks

BABAtheHUM

Reaction score
i bought my mh digital version i think from the asia psn store, but a bit confused on how the online system work

understand that i need psn+ to play online so,

thanks!

1. i think can, i used to play R6 Siege with a US PSN+ account and matched with players on ASIA PSN+.

2. according to this reddit, we should be able to. https://www.reddit.com/r/MonsterHunterWorld/comments/8ejncg/why_do_i_connect_to_so_many_foreign_mainly_asian/

3. i dont have a grp, but im looking for hunters! so add me on PSN SIEGEturtle.

BABAtheHUM

Reaction score

I preordered from gadget solution an found out it is a USA version. cant buy any DLC or Cosmetic cos it says "Currently unavailable" but if i change my location to USA on my xbox i can see all the items for sale including the samurai armour set.

really sucks if i cant buy the new ICeborn DLC next april-june if it is a paid DLC.

Thanks

is it easy to match with other players in the SEA region? asking for my bro in law who owns a xbox one.

sorry cant help with the DLC issue. paiseh.

Spectre007

Master Member
Reaction score

Thanks

MHW for asia region is exclusive to PS4. your only options are to switch to pc/ps4 or get the dlc from US xbox store.

BusteR

Reaction score
just happen see this game on discount now sgd56

worth buying or just play the free tencent online version?

BusteR

Reaction score
Tencent is **** version, you can go try if you don't mind wasting time.

last time have account already.
download from discord english patch
was doing GS but after awhile quite repetitive than quit.

this steam $50 version, very much better than the tencent one? in what sense? server population?

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.