Loan Shark Harassment and how to stop it

• Need someone to talk to?
    Feeling down, anxious and need help? Mindline.sg has helpful resources for you. More info
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Hopefully they moved down the list

I paid mine off... A bit too much

Hopefully they dont waste their painters' and bicycle lockers manpower

It doesn't work this way, you can ask the people who paid? Guess what happens to them? These people are scammers, they tell lies like they drink water. They use fear as a tactic to scare, extort and harass.

ashleyong

Reaction score
Hi. U paid off them alr? Cause they wont die off only a mth.
They will e surface one.... sugguest perhaps u keep using yr cctv.

;)
Did not pay them even a cent. A day after i reported to the police then blocked everything. Change my number. Inform my workplace.

ashleyong

Reaction score
Did not pay them even a cent. A day after i reported to the police then blocked everything. Change my number. Inform my workplace.

The last time a read their message was in WA. Maybe they keep harrassing me in my old number. Lol I change number already.

pls_help_me

Reaction score
It doesn't work this way, you can ask the people who paid? Guess what happens to them? These people are scammers, they tell lies like they drink water. They use fear as a tactic to scare, extort and harass.

Yeah , hope they moved on after a few failed days/weeks of calling.

Dont think they will waste manpower to lock or paint over 200 bucks that's already been overpaid 2 times over ba

But in case they do then i can raise my cctv request more easily

ashleyong

Reaction score

;)
Why would i pay them. The first thing that comes to my mind is to report to the police. I did not even borrow money to them. I was just inquiring. They said to check if i am qualified. Then after i send my details no reply at all. They just sent money to my account after 5hours. Lol

ashleyong

Reaction score
Yeah , hope they moved on after a few failed days/weeks of calling.

Dont think they will waste manpower to lock or paint over 200 bucks that's already been overpaid 2 times over ba

But in case they do then i can raise my cctv request more easily

You pay or not they will still harrass you. Better not pay. Just like what i did.

ashleyong

Reaction score

;)
Hi thank you for the advice. But i guess i dont need it anymore. There are also cctvs on our block. Escalator and hallway. Its just that the first week was very stressful for me. Then after 2 weeks i moved on already.

pls_help_me

Reaction score
You pay or not they will still harrass you. Better not pay. Just like what i did.

Yeah i honestly finally come to my senses on how stupid i was.
Now i just ignoring lol. My housing area a lot of cctv as well, but if they come disturb means my cctv request raising will be much simpler

valavos

Reaction score
This scammers doing day light robbery to many innocent people.No moral at all.Hope the SPF will arrest them soon.

Johnw190

Reaction score
Hi i need help.

I was looking to buy a video game through carousell and the seller asked me to come to his house. He asked me to take pictures of the door and also knock and take a video of it.
I STUPIDLY and uknowingly did it after asking why which he replied scared it was the wrong person he is dealing with. After sending the picture and video while waiting for him to open the door, he told me to buy paint and splash it on the door. He claimed he already has my name and my parents name (which was correct) & number and threatened to report me to the police for harassing people’s house unless i pay him $1k. He even claimed that i was already recorded on cctv and etc.

I have already blocked and reported him on whatsapp. He even used another number to continue threaten me and also “negotiate” by telling me illegal ways to get the money.

What should i do?

pls_help_me

Reaction score
Hi i need help.

I was looking to buy a video game through carousell and the seller asked me to come to his house. He asked me to take pictures of the door and also knock and take a video of it.
I STUPIDLY and uknowingly did it after asking why which he replied scared it was the wrong person he is dealing with. After sending the picture and video while waiting for him to open the door, he told me to buy paint and splash it on the door. He claimed he already has my name and my parents name (which was correct) & number and threatened to report me to the police for harassing people’s house unless i pay him $1k. He even claimed that i was already recorded on cctv and etc.

I have already blocked and reported him on whatsapp. He even used another number to continue threaten me and also “negotiate” by telling me illegal ways to get the money.

What should i do?

How exactly did u knock on his door though? Unless ur muscle so big or his door is so flimsy that a few knocks put a few holes in his door

His cctv should have just captured u knocking on his door and nothing else (if it exist)

If police ask why u were knocking on the door show them the messages where he asked u to go to his house.

Stay calm police not stupid de

Last edited:

Johnw190

Reaction score
How exactly did u knock on his door though? Unless ur muscle so big or his door is so flimsy that a few knocks put a few holes in his door

His cctv should have just captured u knocking on his door and nothing else (if it exist)

If police ask why u were knocking on the door show them the messages where he asked u to go to his house.

Stay calm police not stupid de

I forgot to state that he also asked me to kick the door which i did but gently. There were no shoe marks or damages to it after that. And the knock was just a normal knock on the door not an aggressive one either.

valavos

Reaction score
Hi i need help.

What should i do?
OMG...another scam.Keep his msg as evidence that he ask you to do and report to police immediately.

Makminah

Reaction score
Hi i need help.

What should i do?

Oh no. That's super f*cked up. They have too many time on their hands issit? Coming with soo many ways to scam people. You just report to the police and provide them the conversation. I am glad you didn't proceed to paying him or splashing paint at the house. Good job!

pls_help_me

Reaction score
I forgot to state that he also asked me to kick the door which i did but gently. There were no shoe marks or damages to it after that. And the knock was just a normal knock on the door not an aggressive one either.

this part bothers me
as long as you saved the messages where he asked u to kick u should be fine

Johnw190

Reaction score
this part bothers me
as long as you saved the messages where he asked u to kick u should be fine

Already got contacted by the IO. He’s assured me theres nothing to worry about and they will investigate this guy further and also asked me to be more vigilant next time haha.. phew at the same time this guy has already stopped harassing me about it.

valavos

Reaction score
To all the current and future victims who has been scammed by pretend to be LML Scammers, I have made a complaint and suggestion to POSB bank today to implement a security program to our customer saving account system to control this scammers from force depositing cash money into our bank account thru ATM. This program will deter Scammers from force sending cash money into our bank account thru ATM. Means to say, when the scammer try to force deposit cash money into our bank account thru that ATM, we the receiver will receive alert notice from the receiver whether to accept or reject the senders cash money from that ATM. I am actually from the safety industry and now I am in the security industry and I see the importance of security due to high terrorism and scammers. Please give me your feedback and we will sign a petition to MAS to implement this customer security program from scammers or any one trying to deposit force cash money into customer bank account thru ATM. Another warning to all victims or future victims here. Try not to use pay-now which is your phone number attached to your bank account. If they the scammers cant send force cash money into your bank account thru ATM, they will use Pay-now or Pay-Lar method to sent money into your bank account. I suggest the current victims or the future victims here to disable this Pay-Now and Pay-Lar account for the time being if you are still using existing phone number. I don't know about this Scammer pre-paid sim card whether it's able to do this pay-now & Pay-Lar transaction. However, we have to be on the guard.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.