Wireless bluetooth EAR BUDS recommendations

dawo5010

Reaction score
anyone owns the xoundpods can confirm the following:

1. if used for calls, with both pods connected, need to take out one to speak into as mic?
i think the pickup pattern kinda sucks.

2. above situation, speak through phone mic still works?

I don't have to take one out to use as a Mic but yes, the pickup pattern sucks. People usually can't hear me and even if I take out one side it sounds horrible still.

As for the phone mic, it depends on what phone. The iPhone doesn't let you select the mic independently but I believe some Android phones can.

f4ll3n

Reaction score
hmm another friend and i tried. taking out one piece as mic to speak into works better..
otherwise i'll end up talking too loudly.

anyway, seems like battery life on a single charge isnt great either; 2h-ish on 60% laptop volume

Shdwfalcon

Banned
Reaction score
Hi, would like to ask, if I am using a true wireless Bluetooth earbud, such as Beoplay E8, assuming I'm using the file format mp3 320kbps, will there be a noticeable sound quality between a DAP vs a phone say Samsung Note 9?

For an IEM I know there will be as there is less noise etc in a dedicated DAP with no interference etc.

But for Bluetooth my understanding is the Codec used such as LDAC Aptx etc is a major factor. Since the signal is already passed through the Bluetooth, the DAC quality inside a phone or a DAP should not affect the sound quality right? Inteference from other components inside a Samsung Note 9 should not have any effect right?

So if I have a Beoplay E8, is it still worth it to invest in a DAP?

Sent from Don't Be Afraid To Fart While You Urinate, There Is No Rain Without Thunder using GAGT
The sound quality will be mainly restricted by the codec. For example, SBC is easily the worse, with much lower bitrate. AptX is ideally the best if you are not going using iphone, due to the largely AptX-capable smartphones in the market. There's the Sony one, bit from what I heard, the codec is limited to Sony's smartphones and DAPs.

The DAC is unable to affect the sound quality too much due to the restrictive bitrate of bluetooth connections, so if you do not have a DAP in the first place and is living life fine, there is no reason why you need one specifically for your TWEs. DAPs are more suitable for fully-wired IEMs and headphones.

There's a reason why I still don't match my SenM3 to my DAP, that's because my DAP is reserved for my wired CIEM, which wired-combination is able to bring out both DAP and CIEM's potiential. My SenM3 is mainly used for my smartphone, watching videos mostly.

Shdwfalcon

Banned
Reaction score
Btw, for those with MTWs, does your case discharge quite fast? Sometimes I found that my case just go flat without 10+ hours of usage

Sent from OnePlus ONEPLUS A6010 using GAGT
Nope, mine doesn't seem to drain that badly. Faulty battery in the case?

Shdwfalcon

Banned
Reaction score
How has the mileage been for you thus far, any complains or second thoughts on the senTWE?
Daily communting trips back and fore, about half hour of videos each. Additional random usage, an hour plus or so each time (sometimes playing music when deskbounded). I charge the case every two or three days.

The SenM3 only problem is it doesn't really secure into your ears with those wingtips like Jabra, Sony, Bose, or even ATH. It sits nicely into your ears, doesn't loosen easily, good sealing with stock tips, but it WILL come out if you jerk or bump your head or body hard enough. That's because it doesn't have those securing wingtips, so it is no suitable for active sports usage. Normal usage it fits and sits fine.

Vulpix

Reaction score
Sennheiser M3. No brainer. Tighter budget, CKR7TW. 65T sounds terrible, SP700N has unreliable connections.
blvQFyel.jpg

Man I'm still debating between M3 and CKR7... I like bass.

Extremme

Master Member
Reaction score
Last edited:

thatguyhaikal

Reaction score
Anyone knows where i can test out the bragi dash pro? Am currently using the Jabra Elite 65T, when using outdoors/noisy environment on a phonecall the other party can hardly hear me as the mics pickup the external sounds more den my voice.

Was thinking of switching to the dash pro

Extremme

Master Member
Reaction score
Anyone knows where i can test out the bragi dash pro? Am currently using the Jabra Elite 65T, when using outdoors/noisy environment on a phonecall the other party can hardly hear me as the mics pickup the external sounds more den my voice.

Was thinking of switching to the dash pro

That bad for Jabra taking calls?

thatguyhaikal

Reaction score
Typo, im actually using the latest model, elite active 65t, its good for calls if ur environment is not noisy. Read some reviews that dash pro’s mic is not too bad as well

ablue15

Reaction score

louisho

Reaction score
Hi Bro,
Can review?
Using Xmini now.

The bluetooth connection and battery lifespan sucks. :(

I received my Funcl AI this week too. Paid 54 usd but it recently increased to 79USD on its indiegogo page. for its price, i feel sound is pretty decent but bass is lacking slightly. Noise isolation not v strong also

Shdwfalcon

Banned
Reaction score
Man I'm still debating between M3 and CKR7... I like bass.
The bass in CKR7TW is definitely stronger than the M3. Not only that, it runs its very own DACs in the earbuds themselves.

But I didn't go for it for two reasons. The first is video audio lag when using my G5. The other is the overly bright sound tuning.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.