Loan Shark Harassment and how to stop it

• Need someone to talk to?
    Feeling down, anxious and need help? Mindline.sg has helpful resources for you. More info
Status
Not open for further replies.

Makminah

Reaction score
this part bothers me
as long as you saved the messages where he asked u to kick u should be fine

Yes. I am also quite worried to how they manage to get details of our neighbours as well. My LS manage to get hold of listing to my neighbour's name full add and contact number.

Makminah

Reaction score
To all the current and future victims who has been scammed by pretend to be LML Scammers, I have made a complaint and suggestion to POSB bank today to implement a security program to our customer saving account system to control this scammers from force depositing cash money into our bank account thru ATM. This program will deter Scammers from force sending cash money into our bank account thru ATM. Means to say, when the scammer try to force deposit cash money into our bank account thru that ATM, we the receiver will receive alert notice from the receiver whether to accept or reject the senders cash money from that ATM. I am actually from the safety industry and now I am in the security industry and I see the importance of security due to high terrorism and scammers. Please give me your feedback and we will sign a petition to MAS to implement this customer security program from scammers or any one trying to deposit force cash money into customer bank account thru ATM. Another warning to all victims or future victims here. Try not to use pay-now which is your phone number attached to your bank account. If they the scammers cant send force cash money into your bank account thru ATM, they will use Pay-now or Pay-Lar method to sent money into your bank account. I suggest the current victims or the future victims here to disable this Pay-Now and Pay-Lar account for the time being if you are still using existing phone number. I don't know about this Scammer pre-paid sim card whether it's able to do this pay-now & Pay-Lar transaction. However, we have to be on the guard.

Agree with this. No matter what we always have to safe guard ourself. It is sad to know everyday there are people getting scam by this idiots. We dont know how many more victims out there. 😔

pls_help_me

Reaction score
Agree with this. No matter what we always have to safe guard ourself. It is sad to know everyday there are people getting scam by this idiots. We dont know how many more victims out there. 😔

i worry more about the old folks who dont know better,
give out their details then kenna loan scamned, they might not even know how to tell the difference or check google to get here like some of us probably did.

if i didnt find this thread i would have never known about people facing similar loan scams like me
so far for my case they just using phone to harass nia, some old people dont even know how to block phone numbers

Makminah

Reaction score
i worry more about the old folks who dont know better,
give out their details then kenna loan scamned, they might not even know how to tell the difference or check google to get here like some of us probably did.

if i didnt find this thread i would have never known about people facing similar loan scams like me
so far for my case they just using phone to harass nia, some old people dont even know how to block phone numbers

Omg, now that you mention it. Ya really heartbreaking for the old folks. Esp their life savings gone to the idiots LS. So far mine only harass thru hp also but stopped about 3 weeks already. Hopefully it stays this way.
May everything goes well for everyone here. Goodluck ya!

pls_help_me

Reaction score
Omg, now that you mention it. Ya really heartbreaking for the old folks. Esp their life savings gone to the idiots LS. So far mine only harass thru hp also but stopped about 3 weeks already. Hopefully it stays this way.
May everything goes well for everyone here. Goodluck ya!

pls warn your elderly friends, family members.

use "do not disturb mode" if needed, so private numbers cant get through and they wont have the chance to call back whoever called

Fear Less

Reaction score
Info can be bought. Traitors in stats and govt dept.

You and I are not celebrity grade. So f them la.

Yes. I am also quite worried to how they manage to get details of our neighbours as well. My LS manage to get hold of listing to my neighbour's name full add and contact number.

Aion99

Reaction score
To all the current and future victims who has been scammed by pretend to be LML Scammers, I have made a complaint and suggestion to POSB bank today to implement a security program to our customer saving account system to control this scammers from force depositing cash money into our bank account thru ATM. This program will deter Scammers from force sending cash money into our bank account thru ATM. Means to say, when the scammer try to force deposit cash money into our bank account thru that ATM, we the receiver will receive alert notice from the receiver whether to accept or reject the senders cash money from that ATM. I am actually from the safety industry and now I am in the security industry and I see the importance of security due to high terrorism and scammers. Please give me your feedback and we will sign a petition to MAS to implement this customer security program from scammers or any one trying to deposit force cash money into customer bank account thru ATM. Another warning to all victims or future victims here. Try not to use pay-now which is your phone number attached to your bank account. If they the scammers cant send force cash money into your bank account thru ATM, they will use Pay-now or Pay-Lar method to sent money into your bank account. I suggest the current victims or the future victims here to disable this Pay-Now and Pay-Lar account for the time being if you are still using existing phone number. I don't know about this Scammer pre-paid sim card whether it's able to do this pay-now & Pay-Lar transaction. However, we have to be on the guard.

Your plan will not work. As you know sometimes we will have a long queue to deposit money, if everyone stopped to wait for SMS confirmations, those behind no need to do deposit already.

Why not also captured the identity of people who do deposit? Outsiders must insert their own ATM card or NRIC to capture their Identity. This will not affect those who deposit to their own account as they can insert their own ATM card.

pls_help_me

Reaction score
one quick question
can loan scammers get loans from other loansharks/loan scammers using a person's details and picture of his 11b/ic ?

Last edited:

DigOwnGrave

Reaction score
one quick question
can loan scammers get loans from other loansharks/loan scammers using a person's details and picture of his 11b/ic ?

I dont think so. For me is they will confirm identity by video call me and i need to show them that i have the physical ic with me.

pls_help_me

Reaction score
I dont think so. For me is they will confirm identity by video call me and i need to show them that i have the physical ic with me.

suddenly thought about then got a bit paranoid
as just hope they cant do anything with a picture of 11b/ic

cause for my case they didnt even verify like the ic is physically mine they just banked in money to my account dafug
hope all the loan scammers kenna arrested

clipper

Reaction score
By asking you to transfer money to another bank account. It is making use of you as a money mule or money laundering.

pls_help_me

Reaction score
just hope they dont use pic of my ic to do anything funny :s22:

really thankful for the people here giving advices, support and reassurances.

kleong

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
This is something new. I see it as they are running out of victims to do their dirty job. Which is a good sign that the spf is crippling their operations.

In any case, you dont have to worry since you did not take any loan. Impt, dont fear them and start xfer money to them.

Hi i need help.

I was looking to buy a video game through carousell and the seller asked me to come to his house. He asked me to take pictures of the door and also knock and take a video of it.
I STUPIDLY and uknowingly did it after asking why which he replied scared it was the wrong person he is dealing with. After sending the picture and video while waiting for him to open the door, he told me to buy paint and splash it on the door. He claimed he already has my name and my parents name (which was correct) & number and threatened to report me to the police for harassing people’s house unless i pay him $1k. He even claimed that i was already recorded on cctv and etc.

I have already blocked and reported him on whatsapp. He even used another number to continue threaten me and also “negotiate” by telling me illegal ways to get the money.

What should i do?

kleong

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
The answer is yes if the uml is desperate to hit their "quota"

one quick question

Makminah

Reaction score
just hope they dont use pic of my ic to do anything funny :s22:

really thankful for the people here giving advices, support and reassurances.

Stay calm and dont be too paranoid. Life still have to go on. I am just happy and thankful that each morning I wake up, my door is still instact and nothing happen. 😂

pls_help_me

Reaction score
The answer is yes if the uml is desperate to hit their "quota"

wah lau picture of ic enough to get loan from ahlong / other scammers... fk them sia really

if scammer then lan lan

i thought actual ahlong will actually see face first de ��

Last edited:

sadsoul

Reaction score
LOANSHARK JUST HARRASED ME AGAIN. SAY STANDBY 24HRS SEE WHAT HE DO TO MY HOUSE. IM SO PARANOID OMG.

pls_help_me

Reaction score
LOANSHARK JUST HARRASED ME AGAIN. SAY STANDBY 24HRS SEE WHAT HE DO TO MY HOUSE. IM SO PARANOID OMG.

how much was yours? and how long ago was it
if under 300ish i dont think got paintjob de, unless they really suck at math

Last edited:

valavos

Reaction score

Have the courage to block all their numbers.Do not listen to their treat.If they come, call 999 immediately.Did u made a police report in regards to your case? Keep all their treat msg as evidence.They the scammers knows very well that if they do arson or any other damage to a person property, they have to face the consequence from the police.

Last edited:

DigOwnGrave

Reaction score

I know its easier said then done, but remain calm. Make sure you already make a police report regarding this scam even if you have take their money and transfer to other accounts as payments. The police will not arrest you. You wait this 24hrs, im sure its all just empty threats. Unless you really took a huge amount from them and never pay a single cent back. Then maybe your case is really loan shark chasing you and not scammers.

Update us on how your case is like, like how much loan you take from them and all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.