BTO 2019 FEB - Official Thread

Muneyzmart

Reaction score
I guess it all boils down to supply and demand. If everyone stay away from the development, prices will come down eventually. But Singaporeans being Singaporeans. Living the Singaporean dream!

I'm hoping your sales figure to be much lower. Anyway, some of these people applying for HDB are already near the income ceiling and thus have to consider a ec, especially one that is somewhat closer than most ec to a mrt in a mature estate. :o

Not like they have better choices when HDB is out of reach for them.

glorfindel

Master Member
Reaction score
I have a feeling the BTO will be launched on Feb 19, the day after the budget. Should be timed to coincide with the announcements.

Destinyschild

Reaction score
Blur liao. Let put it this way. kallang/Whampoa, both is under 1 project. Those who ballot under this project will be able to choose both kallang and Whampoa when it's their turn to select

Sent from HUAWEI LYA-L29 using GAGT

In that case, if only one of the two sites in the kallang/whampoa project lies within 4km from my parent's place, am i still eligible for the married child priority scheme?

zach123

Reaction score
Just checked that for first timer you won't get your $40,000 SHG grant for Jurong and Kallang cause they are considered matured estate. May consider getting non-matured as we will not get the 40K grant again. To add on, for matured estate, the high prices is attributed by the amenities such as MRT, food court, school & etc so the probability of the price to go up is lower than non matured estate as there is lesser upcoming developments. :sad:

cashec

Reaction score
Just checked that for first timer you won't get your $40,000 SHG grant for Jurong and Kallang cause they are considered matured estate. May consider getting non-matured as we will not get the 40K grant again. To add on, for matured estate, the high prices is attributed by the amenities such as MRT, food court, school & etc so the probability of the price to go up is lower than non matured estate as there is lesser upcoming developments. :sad:

When did Jurong become mature estate?

zach123

Reaction score
Sorry, did a quick google search " Is Jurong west a matured estate" and got "Despite being considered a mature estate, Jurong West has been consistently seeing low prices. ... Like the estates of East Coast, Jurong West is extremely far away from central Singapore." as the first answer. My mistake then.

Gambler.

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Since I didn't get a good number for the Nov BTO, have been eyeing the Kallang/Whampoa site for the next application.

Just did a check and realised that it's not within 4km of my place at Serangoon. So no MCPS, FML!

Perisher

Greater Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
Since I didn't get a good number for the Nov BTO, have been eyeing the Kallang/Whampoa site for the next application.

Just did a check and realised that it's not within 4km of my place at Serangoon. So no MCPS, FML!

Also remember to use the HDB site for these 4km or 1km stuff. Google map not counted.

feigningfancy

Master Member
Reaction score
Ive got a 300+ queue number before even with MCPS

drunkard

Reaction score
Never apply for queue before. What is a good queue number?

My thought is if 1000 for bto, then get queue 500s also good since it is half of available, so sure get.

Randompasser

Reaction score
Never apply for queue before. What is a good queue number?

My thought is if 1000 for bto, then get queue 500s also good since it is half of available, so sure get.

I mean ultimately it depends on how picky you are about a flat in my opinion.
Some people have certain requirements they want for their flat and when it comes to their number if no flats fit their requirements(like high floor,facing certain areas, certain unit numbers) they will give it up. However some people (like me) just hopes to get a number within the total units available, not so choosy just want to get a flat.

Didnt even get a number for Nov 2018 Bto, wishing for the best this time!
:s12:

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.