Best VPN provider (In your opinion)? (Strictly no referral allowed)

Charlie_Zhan

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Your netflix account must be US Account, NOT SG Account,
????
siao lang?

I just helping @camile89 test out the scenario as per the post's request.

Can any windscribe pro user help me check if Winflix UK is working pls? Try streaming "fresh prince of bel-air" or some other uk exclusive? I googled and it seems like many ppl can only connect to the US one for now. If can connect to winflix UK then i upgrade to pro.

Sent from Samsung SM-G965F using GAGT

-Synchronicity-

Reaction score
Yes I'm aware it's based on dns. Just that ip is a much easier and relateable thing. Much more then dns.

And I'm also aware the method no longer works. It's just an illustration that Netflix has no country border and eveything is based on network.

shachok86

Reaction score
Anybody tried this?

Think only can get refund (store credit) for unredeemed license. Below is taken from their website.

Terms

Unredeemed licenses can be returned for store credit within 15 days of purchase. Once your license is redeemed, all sales are final.

shachok86

Reaction score
Haha after reading the post about using vpn to malaysia for US netflix.. i actually try and it works... but for windscribe their malaysia server is a hell lot slower than connecting directly to windflix... most likely their windflix server is optimised..

balston_pig

Reaction score
Hi for those who are using SurfShark, do you notice a speed difference between setting up the VPN on router and using the chrome extension?

when I set up the VPN on my ASUSWRT-Merlin router my speedtest drop to 42Mbps. But if I use only the chrome extension the speedtest is 420Mbps. without VPN the speed is 900Mbps.

Did i set up something wrong?

urbanbootless

Reaction score
Hi for those who are using SurfShark, do you notice a speed difference between setting up the VPN on router and using the chrome extension?

when I set up the VPN on my ASUSWRT-Merlin router my speedtest drop to 42Mbps. But if I use only the chrome extension the speedtest is 420Mbps. without VPN the speed is 900Mbps.

No, you probably haven't done anything wrong. Routers usually have weak CPUs and the encryption/decryption process slows download/upload speeds, 42Mbps on a router on VPN is actually a pretty good speed. Since you had to set it up on OpenVPN protocol which is very CPU inefficient the speed drop was huge comparing with Chrome extension. You can still contact Surfshark customer support to double check, they will walk you through the process.

Last edited:

Charlie_Zhan

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

speeds that you get when setting up your VPN to run via your router would greatly depend more on the hardware encryption capability of your router in comparison to the server of the VPN in this matter.

I'm using a asus ac86u router that comes with an aes-in featured cpu which can provide around 200mbps of download and upload speeds which is on par with the much more expensive ac5300.

xiaofan

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
speeds that you get when setting up your VPN to run via your router would greatly depend more on the hardware encryption capability of your router in comparison to the server of the VPN in this matter.

I'm using a asus ac86u router that comes with an aes-in featured cpu which can provide around 200mbps of download and upload speeds which is on par with the much more expensive ac5300.

The following website does not offer the technical details but the list does mention Asus AC86U and AC5300 in the top VPN router list, No 2 and No 3 in the list respectively. No 4 is Linksys WRT32X. No 1 Linksys WRT3200ACM does not seem to be available in Singapore.

https://www.techradar.com/news/best-vpn-routers

Effectively the best consumer grade VPN router seems to be the Asus RT-AC86U here.

Last edited:

Polard44

Reaction score
Personally, I am using IPVAnish and PureVPN on my dd-wrt router (WRT3200ACM) individually! and both work fine, Mostly both VPN services servers give me a good speed overall, and the price is much lower of both of these services, that is why I keep using them, By using the VPN on router makes easier to encrypt my connection all the time and also it make easier for me to access the geo-restricted content anytime and anywhere.

https://www.ipvanish.com/
https://www.purevpn.com/singapore-vpn-service

Last edited:

Charlie_Zhan

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I get 600+Mbps of openVPN throughput with my $200 pfsense router.
how usual of you to appear with your pfsense again when. we are talking about consumer grade routers. :)

really goes to show that that ugly people can go for cosmetic surgery to look pretty.. but stupidity really has no cure.. lol

squarepipe

Reaction score
how usual of you to appear with your pfsense again when. we are talking about consumer grade routers. :)

really goes to show that that ugly people can go for cosmetic surgery to look pretty.. but stupidity really has no cure.. lol

I understand Liao. You think you were on top of the world with your 86u then all of a sudden someone with a much better router appears and u got salty :) it's like your whole world view got crushed knowing there is someone much tech savvy then you...

If u are jealous, maybe try improving your tech skills so you are able to use a pfsense router and not be so envious of others that can.

Charlie_Zhan

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I understand Liao. You think you were on top of the world with your 86u then all of a sudden someone with a much better router appears and u got salty :) it's like your whole world view got crushed knowing there is someone much tech savvy then you...

If u are jealous, maybe try improving your tech skills so you are able to use a pfsense router and not be so envious of others that can.
lol ok boss.. you happy can liao..
now hear this liao ** steam already faster go pcc it out to feel even better.. :s13:

unless you're telling me you have more than one CompTIA level certificated or MCSA level certified, I guess it would be a waste of my time to compare "tech skills" with you..

especially when you cannot even use a public forum to provide proper level of advise. I don't see a point of using a pfsense router to inflate your godlike level of tech skills publicly. but if it floats your boat, and is good enough for you to feel that everyone will worship your pfsense router and make your jizz in your pants, then go ahead.. I proclaim you the conqueror and destroyer of consumer level wireless router!!! :D

Last edited:

Charlie_Zhan

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
U need us account not like last time.

Sent from HUAWEI SHT-AL09 using GAGT
no? I'm using SG account and I have no problem accessing USA and UK Netflix contents when connected to the relevant windflix server

gld998

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
no? I'm using SG account and I have no problem accessing USA and UK Netflix contents when connected to the relevant windflix server

I try cannot le. :(

Sent from HUAWEI SHT-AL09 using GAGT

imacbie

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

plus one on this..
unfortunately... can't do the same to prime video! :(

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.