[Official] Playstation 4 PS4 club - Part 3

PierceLee

Master Member
Reaction score
Nope, inside that folder have netflix, but it's not an app, only an overview.
You downloaded correct region? On the PS4, log in to the PSN account you are going to use, go to TV & Video folder, there should be Netflix, Youtube, Twitch WWE, and other app icons. The icon should have a down arrow ↓ symbol. Clicking on the icon should let you Download (from the same region PSN store as your PSN account).

However, I just tried and found that for Asia account somehow the Netflix icon only has Overview, as you mentioned. Don't know why, maybe something wrong with the Asia PSN setup. Either download directly from SG PSN using a web browser (here) or set up US account.

littleredboy

Reaction score
Hey thz for the investigation!
Yes asia psn only has this "Overview".
I downloaded the app via web browser, same thing happens.

Layers

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
i didnt play alot of games, but RE2 20+ consider small alrdy?
nier 40+
RDR2 90++
(based on my bad memory)
I got 31GB free space but dunno y ask me clear 10GB more. bacjciver did say 25GB or more.

Sent from Samsung SM-N950F using GAGT

Layers

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Ya, any brand will do. Make sure it's USB 3, not USB 2.

Better to buy those with brand rather than buying a USB casing and assembling your own, cos for an external HDD you want to make sure the electric power it receives (from PS4 via the USB cable) is enough and stable. HDD technology improves over time, if you use some old HDD and put a casing, it's possible that old HDD may need more power input.

As pointed out, if you use a USB HDD as extended HDD for PS4, that whole HDD will be monopolised by the PS4. You cannot use it for anything else (PS4 will format it, PC will not be able to read it). Once you set up an extended HDD and later decide to upgrade to a even bigger one, there is no tool to transfer the data, have to re-download everything, so use a big enough HDD. There is a minimum size that PS4 allow, can't remember how big, can expect that if you have some old 60GB or 120GB lying around, probably can't use them (they probably draw more power anyway).

Also note that the extended HDD cannot be used to backup your PS4 save files.
No worries, any brand will do because once u plug in your HDD, it will prompt to format into their format. But be sure your HDD is empty before plugging in.
alright thx!

did u guys use external HDD? wat size do recommend i get?

If I uninstall games in ps4 or HDD. is my save files deleted?

AikiBoy

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
haven't bought a first
day release game for a long time.

nv play their series b4. but i love town building!

got play in darkly lit room?

I don't play in dark room, even play in dark liao also no feeling.
:s13:

Majima

Banned
Reaction score
alright thx!

i am sure 1TB is more than enough unless even when u complete the game till platinum trophy still dun wan to delete away, then maybe u need a 2TB

PierceLee

Master Member
Reaction score
alright thx!

Save files are never stored on the external HDD, it's only for storing downloaded games (probably DLCs, patches etc., but not avatars, themes, captured gameplay video, etc). You can set to have external or internal HDD as the default installation location (can change that setting any time). You can also transfer games between them (I often move games that I am actively playing from external to internal, not that I can notice any performance difference.

I am using 2TB. Originally I wanted to use a 1.5TB that I already have but somehow it doesn't work (probably due to electric power requirements). So I changed to a 2TB that I already have. (I think ckleow is using 4TB!)

My 2TB is very full already, keep having to do housekeeping, wish I had used a bigger one. Not that I play soooo many games all the time, just that I have so many digital games (purchased or PS+), I often forget what games I have. If I have them installed, sometimes when I am bored, don't know what game to play, I will scroll around my PS4 menu and... wait I have this game ah, I didn't know, never tried it, then I just at least give it go. (Recently US PS+ sent out an email with detail stats on player's gaming activities. It shows my US account played 70 different games in 2018.)

It's really up to individual preference lah. If can afford just use bigger one and don't even think about it any more.

PierceLee

Master Member
Reaction score
I am half way through replaying KH1, still have KH2 to replay before starting KH3. Looks like have to wait till CNY liao.

Replaying KH1, I am finding lots of design flaws when viewed with today's game standards. Like the platforming really sucks, totally lack precision. Swinging from vine to vine is not even standard jump button but have to wait for context-sensitive command, kinda like QTE, really stupid. Also there is no indication of what you need to do next, no map pointer (doesn't even have map or minimap). Sometimes it's just one dialog line, if you miss it, that's it. Really don't know how I managed to complete the game pre-internet. From what I have seen of KH3, at least these problems were fixed.

There are other problems with KH1, like the gummi ship, which I absolutely hate. The 3D perception is terrible, you just can't tell whether you can pass through obstacles. The left stick controls movement but also controls recticle, and it auto-centers if you release the stick, so hard to control and shoot. Sadly this returns in KH3, though no longer on-rail.

Majima

Banned
Reaction score
I am half way through replaying KH1, still have KH2 to replay before starting KH3. Looks like have to wait till CNY liao.

Replaying KH1, I am finding lots of design flaws when viewed with today's game standards. Like the platforming really sucks, totally lack precision. Swinging from vine to vine is not even standard jump button but have to wait for context-sensitive command, kinda like QTE, really stupid. Also there is no indication of what you need to do next, no map pointer (doesn't even have map or minimap). Sometimes it's just one dialog line, if you miss it, that's it. Really don't know how I managed to complete the game pre-internet. From what I have seen of KH3, at least these problems were fixed.

There are other problems with KH1, like the gummi ship, which I absolutely hate. The 3D perception is terrible, you just can't tell whether you can pass through obstacles. The left stick controls movement but also controls recticle, and it auto-centers if you release the stick, so hard to control and shoot. Sadly this returns in KH3, though no longer on-rail.

game last time is much harder due to lack of assistance, unlike now, plenty of tutorial, if u miss it, u still can go menu and look it through again.

thats why game from last time can take up till 3 months to complete, cuz sometimes keep wandering about and duno where to go.

i remember back in 1999 when i was playing xenogears, took me 6 mths to complete, its really damn difficult for a 14 years old kid like me, had to read well, see well, and full of patient.

the only thing that can make ur life a little easier is to pump gameshark code into it, i still remember i bought the gameshark booklet, expert gamer mag just to see if new code is updated since i do not have a PC nor internet, not common to have a pc at home those days.

games nowadays is so so easy, miss it? lost? unable to win boss fight?
just pull ur phone out and start googling, u bound to find something to get you through.

Layers

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I don't play in dark room, even play in dark liao also no feeling.
:s13:
wa sure bo?
Save files are never stored on the external HDD, it's only for storing downloaded games (probably DLCs, patches etc., but not avatars, themes, captured gameplay video, etc). You can set to have external or internal HDD as the default installation location (can change that setting any time). You can also transfer games between them (I often move games that I am actively playing from external to internal, not that I can notice any performance difference.

I am using 2TB. Originally I wanted to use a 1.5TB that I already have but somehow it doesn't work (probably due to electric power requirements). So I changed to a 2TB that I already have. (I think ckleow is using 4TB!)

My 2TB is very full already, keep having to do housekeeping, wish I had used a bigger one. Not that I play soooo many games all the time, just that I have so many digital games (purchased or PS+), I often forget what games I have. If I have them installed, sometimes when I am bored, don't know what game to play, I will scroll around my PS4 menu and... wait I have this game ah, I didn't know, never tried it, then I just at least give it go. (Recently US PS+ sent out an email with detail stats on player's gaming activities. It shows my US account played 70 different games in 2018.)

It's really up to individual preference lah. If can afford just use bigger one and don't even think about it any more.
wow. ok so I uninstall games. saved files still in ps4?

Layers

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
anyone took leave next thurs and Fri combo for gaming session?

mliolukiye

Reaction score
Back then (00's), I find these annoying but it's not so bad to turn me away from playing. Yes, I spent a lot of time wandering around to see where to go next. But the combat is still fun and the worlds are interesting to keep me going. I didn't spend much time on Gummi Ship. LOL. Oh yeah I recall trying to figure out all the Trinity symbols thingie.

Did you play the remaining games of the series?

knightshaz

High Honorary Member
Reaction score
Spider-man update with 2 new suits
39909066233_1219b2ba5d_k-755x425.jpg

32904176438_47077bc0cb_b.jpg

46727308172_3b9cbd4283_b.jpg

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.