Working Shoe for Young Exec - Part 3

acidtrips

Reaction score
I think they are good and slightly thicker than Corgi (more dress socks). Yes from onlybrown.

Check out the votta no show socks, like them a lot.

40 wears (9 months) is good mileage already
I try my best to make them last heh. Think i'll get some of those no-show socks too, uniqlo ones always slip out and go under the feet. Thanks for your advice!

aWhimAway

Reaction score
Hi friends :) would you recommend brown or black leather shoe for job interviews? Tech roles, might try for banks/start ups. Would dark brown considered too casual? Also, cap toe, plain toe? (Also wholecut is so nice but I get that it’s not appropriate)

thanks in advance!!

darthsid11111

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi friends :) would you recommend brown or black leather shoe for job interviews? Tech roles, might try for banks/start ups. Would dark brown considered too casual? Also, cap toe, plain toe? (Also wholecut is so nice but I get that it’s not appropriate)

thanks in advance!!
Dark brown is the most versatile colour!

Sent from Samsung SM-N960F using GAGT

wiz

Reaction score
No one look at shoes for tech roles wear anything that is not loud and you will be fine

thanks in advance!!

iceblendedchoc

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

thanks in advance!!

Depend on your hirer. Stick to black to be safe.

darthsid11111

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Depend on your hirer. Stick to black to be safe.
In the spirit of the sartorial slant of this thread I would advise against black. While commonly accepted in the local workplace, I doubt that is OP's intent.

RayeAng

Reaction score

thanks in advance!!

To be honest, buy the colour you like and likely to wear again. Interviewer will not really care abt the colour of your shoes.

urbanturban

Master Member
Reaction score
To be honest, buy the colour you like and likely to wear again. Interviewer will not really care abt the colour of your shoes.

He might. He may one of the ones who frequent this forum.
But seriously, black is most versatile.

xtwis7

Arch-Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
Someone mentioned that there’s 20% off on heirloom shoes by josh leong?

aWhimAway

Reaction score
Ah. Thanks everyone for the feedback :) Decided to go with brown because I too feel that ppl don’t put so much attention to shoes for tech roles. Cheers :s12:

RayeAng

Reaction score
Cheers.good choice with brown. Time has changed, ppl longer see black as a necessity.

I am working in a shirt n tie environment and I don't have a single pair of black pants or shoes :S

Definitely no intention of getting one as well :)

darthsid11111

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Cheers.good choice with brown. Time has changed, ppl longer see black as a necessity.

I am working in a shirt n tie environment and I don't have a single pair of black pants or shoes :S

Definitely no intention of getting one as well :)
Yup I have a black pair as it is the conventional choice for a first shoe. I hardly ever wear it anymore either which is a waste as it's quite a nice shoe.

VodkaPear

Master Member
Reaction score
Erm, I need recommendation on shoes polish for Loake Aldwych Dark Brown.

Can share where to buy it as well?

Previously I am using the free kiwi given by Pediwear.

All in a Day

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Brown kiwi wax works fine. For crème the usual recommendation would be saphir.. try tangs or carousell

espressoull

Reaction score

Can go for Saphir's Médaille D'Or range Creme Polish and/or Wax Polish in Dark Brown/Parisien Brown.

If price is of concern, then Saphir's Beaute de Cuir range is good enough too.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.