Recommendation: Reliable workshops in JB

skai_11

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
This is obviously weird.... This is normal and that is normal.... To me obviously is abnormal sia... Period lah he.....

"The start got sharp screeching sound" This one i agreed is belting problem.

Singaporean's culture is any slight wear and tear must change. Everything must be in tip top/brand new condition.

Malaysian's culture is if have problems but still can drive, is ok and normal

myviowner

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Singaporean's culture is any slight wear and tear must change. Everything must be in tip top/brand new condition.

Malaysian's culture is if have problems but still can drive, is ok and normal

Personally, i will accept if with logically explanation, then let owner decide what to change it or not. Not just simply said is normal lor, this is obviously not a Malaysian's culture.

camotorpedo

Reaction score
As with all old belts, it is slightly stretched resulting in a little slippage during start. This produces the sound which goes away once the rpm is constant.

Msia mindset is: what for tighten an old belt just to get rid of the sound, when it will risk reducing the lifespan of the belt (tighter = more strain on the belt). And it is a waste of $$$ to change belt when the old one can still be used.

I don't think the workshop is wrong in that sense, maybe they did not explain the rationale properly.

You have to be specific in Msia, if you want them to tighten or change a new belt, make sure you say so.

HellHunter

Reaction score
Throttle body cheapest I did in SG was like only $25 or so..shop in Woodlands I think but a few years back..will try to find the address. They remove and clean properly. JB workshop once they clean for me without removing but rough idle issue still persisted then next time I drop by they remove and clean again much more thoroughly at no extra charge.

Dropped by Super Power Car Accessories And Tint Shop
49,49-01,, Jalan Dataran Larkin 1, Taman Dataran Larkin, 80350 Johor Bahru, Johor, Malaysia
today to check it out. A lot of random accessories from steering wheels and gear knobs to tissue box covers and some quite cute nitrous oxide tank shaped pillows. Should have taken a photo lol from online photos looks like these two from the left-
81k0b%2B%2Bx5hL._SX466_.jpg

They have 3 shops facing one another, one is wrapping, prices around RM2900 depending on the film used, the condition of the car body etc. Their job looks proper and good, had a few just completed or almost completed cars there. The second shop is the tint shop which I didn't go into and the third is the random accessories shop which is quite messy so have to have the patience to go through it.

Went by LCH Batteries and Tyres. Friendly guy there with the specs attended to me even though they quite busy and close to closing time by the time they cleared their jobs. Good impression of the shop. Some of the workers..or is it the infamous tyre man? :s13: face a bit grumpy but all doing their work quite efficiently.

snipfer

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Throttle body cheapest I did in SG was like only $25 or so..shop in Woodlands I think but a few years back..will try to find the address. They remove and clean properly. JB workshop once they clean for me without removing but rough idle issue still persisted then next time I drop by they remove and clean again much more thoroughly at no extra charge.

49,49-01,, Jalan Dataran Larkin 1, Taman Dataran Larkin, 80350 Johor Bahru, Johor, Malaysia
today to check it out. A lot of random accessories from steering wheels and gear knobs to tissue box covers and some quite cute nitrous oxide tank shaped pillows. Should have taken a photo lol from online photos looks like these two from the left-

They have 3 shops facing one another, one is wrapping, prices around RM2900 depending on the film used, the condition of the car body etc. Their job looks proper and good, had a few just completed or almost completed cars there. The second shop is the tint shop which I didn't go into and the third is the random accessories shop which is quite messy so have to have the patience to go through it.

Went by LCH Batteries and Tyres. Friendly guy there with the specs attended to me even though they quite busy and close to closing time by the time they cleared their jobs. Good impression of the shop. Some of the workers..or is it the infamous tyre man? :s13: face a bit grumpy but all doing their work quite efficiently.

Go read the reviews , still worth a visit

Super Power Car Accessories And Tint Shop
+60 19-731 3132
https://maps.app.goo.gl/pCE2Z

Sent from Xiaomi MI MAX 2 using GAGT

BuGGi3

Master Member
Reaction score
Go read the reviews , still worth a visit

Super Power Car Accessories And Tint Shop
+60 19-731 3132
https://maps.app.goo.gl/pCE2Z

Aiyo... I dreamt that my roof wrap was full of air bubbles last night :s13:

I went a few times, this workshop is always busy and there's always cars to work with. Workmanship wise, pls monitor closely.

e.g. I did door soundproofing, asked them to check if there's any loose parts causing a vibration sound in the door... not done. Personally went to check and picked the debris myself before the guy seal up the door with soundproofing material :(

Hands-on workers seems overwhelmed, overheard worker ranting to boss when boss ask him to work on another car after finishing what he is doing. Hesitated a few times when I wanted to install some gauges there due to this and eventually didn't do my installation there.

Wrap is cheap and fast. So far no issues. I did a roof wrap - RM120 and bonnet - RM88. HOWEVER, they sprayed some liquid while performing the wrap and my grill's paint sort of faded. Aiyo..... I think I will never go back there again.

snipfer

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Go there buy some plush toys should be ok lah LOL

leeslayerex

Reaction score
Wah super detailed review 👍🏻

I went a few times, this workshop is always busy and there's always cars to work with. Workmanship wise, pls monitor closely.

e.g. I did door soundproofing, asked them to check if there's any loose parts causing a vibration sound in the door... not done. Personally went to check and picked the debris myself before the guy seal up the door with soundproofing material :(

Hands-on workers seems overwhelmed, overheard worker ranting to boss when boss ask him to work on another car after finishing what he is doing. Hesitated a few times when I wanted to install some gauges there due to this and eventually didn't do my installation there.

Wrap is cheap and fast. So far no issues. I did a roof wrap - RM120 and bonnet - RM88. HOWEVER, they sprayed some liquid while performing the wrap and my grill's paint sort of faded. Aiyo..... I think I will never go back there again.

sentsggirls

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Super power car ws I saw their works on Facebook but never visit them cos like very messy. Their promo item mostly like from Taobao one.

LCH bros , the tireman still same pattern with that look?
:s13:

myviowner

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Wow.... super duper cheap sia.... Gonna think twice sia....:s12::s12:

airxairx

Reaction score
Hihi. So you bought all the items "EO, filter, air filter, spark plugs, cvt fluid, cvt filer, rear shock pair, brake fluid, coolant" all in sg then went there to replace? Where did you get all those items from?

Went to CarClick yesterday. Due to miscomm with Singapore stockist, I got to run around in Singapore a bit before departing for JB. Reached CarClick at 2 plus. Car handed over to Ah Hong and he started work on my car right away. There were a few Malaysian cars that were being worked on, probably waiting for parts.

Work done: replace EO, EO filter, air filter, spark plugs, CVT fluid, CVT filter, rear shocks pair, brake fluid, coolant. Also did alignment. Labour fee total rm235. Parts some i bring some they source oem parts which I'm ok with. All in took 3.5 hours.

They spotted the CVT fluid I brought was wrong spec. Turned out there are 2 Toyota CVT fluid with very similar packaging. He sourced the correct fluid for me. It is slightly more expensive than getting direct from stockist but not exorbitantly so. Acceptable mark up.

Very good experience overall.

HellHunter

Reaction score

Yeh, the reviews online seem to say the workmanship varies depending on who's doing the job.. although that's totally not acceptable already...cause damage is well over the line for me..

Super power car ws I saw their works on Facebook but never visit them cos like very messy. Their promo item mostly like from Taobao one.

LCH bros , the tireman still same pattern with that look?
:s13:

It is super messy...no order at all..like hunting treasure :s13: Most of their stuff is from Taobao etc China stuff, not too bad if need on the spot though. Found their markup not that bad.

:s13: Oh actually I went LCH batteries and tyres not bros but also got one grumpy looking guy working with tyres :s13: :o

sentsggirls

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
How Long before must change car battery? Every 2.5-3years ah??

Someone intro a sg ws selling amaron car battery at good price.
Where the shop guys.

YorYor

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Try searching for a guy called KB Lee. One of the ones selling Amaron batteries at a better price. Used to do installation at your location, not sure if he still does.

snipfer

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
How Long before must change car battery? Every 2.5-3years ah??

Someone intro a sg ws selling amaron car battery at good price.
Where the shop guys.

Guan lee @ kaki Bukit.
The cheapest Amaron + good service

HellHunter

Reaction score
Throttle body cheapest I did in SG was like only $25 or so..shop in Woodlands I think but a few years back..will try to find the address.

If anyone needs cheap throttle body cleaning in SG can check this place out.
This is the shop, prices might have gone up cos I last went there 3 years back but they were efficient and cheap at that time, knew what they were doing-
Chee Chai Motor Repairer
Blk 7, 397B Woodlands Rd, Singapore 678032
6366 0018 / 9665 0018
https://goo.gl/maps/zjBRe93X77u

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.