Loan Shark Harassment and how to stop it

• Need someone to talk to?
    Feeling down, anxious and need help? Mindline.sg has helpful resources for you. More info
Status
Not open for further replies.

pls_help_me

Reaction score
They have threatened me on my phone whats app, my NOK also they threatened already. They even called up my office main line where they threatened my colleagues to ask me to pay up. Whats next? Love letter under the door and paint on the wall? Any ideas guys?

depends on loan scam or loan shark
and how much it is

Reaction score
They have threatened me on my phone whats app, my NOK also they threatened already. They even called up my office main line where they threatened my colleagues to ask me to pay up. Whats next? Love letter under the door and paint on the wall? Any ideas guys?

Have you filed police report yet?

valavos

Reaction score
DigOwnGrave, I have read your case. Yours is a loan scam. You must understand that if it's real loan shark loaned you real money and if you don't pay in time, they will take the risk to sent their runner to splash paint and or perform arson in order to get back their loaned money and interest. However, if it's loan scammers, I don't think they will take the risk to splash paint or perform arson as they never give you any loan at all, instead to threaten the victim who are frighten of their treats to as-tort as much money as possible. Moreover, this scammers, will not dare to step into your house as they know that every lift and 1st staircase attached with police camera can be captured and reviewed anytime by the police. This will disrupt their fruitful business and manpower if they has been identified from the CCTV camera. Love letter, this scammers can only mail to you to further threat you to make the victim frightened. Whatever threatening mail you receive, bring straight to police station and make a report. Lastly, block all unknown contacts you and your NOK received if you intent to keep using your existing number. If you want some peace, close your existing number and open a new number. Your data plan and subscription will not be affected, as it will be transferred to the new number. Before you do that, screenshot and keep all their threats as evidence from your existing old number as you will lose your whatsapp messages once you migrate to new number and re-install back whatsapp to new number. Inform your office not to entertain their calls and tell them it's a loan scam. Have you met your Investigation officer yet? Let him/her know about what is happening. Hope this helps.

Last edited:

celina22

Reaction score
hello everyone asking fpr help also i just borrow 300 i tot is leggal just found out that illegal so tje tjey keep on chasing i paid 1560 already tjey said d will refund my money but disnt and keep on tjreatening me what ahould i do

pls_help_me

Reaction score
hello everyone asking fpr help also i just borrow 300 i tot is leggal just found out that illegal so tje tjey keep on chasing i paid 1560 already tjey said d will refund my money but disnt and keep on tjreatening me what ahould i do

Hello, please just stop paying them.
Ignore them
Call police
Inform NoK to ignore them

Did the force the money into your account?
Or did they call and ask if you wanna take up a loan while they already have your details?

Right now are you like paying 50 60 50 60 100 50 60 100 into many different account? If yes, while making police report hand all the bank account numbers you xferred to, to the police to help in crippling their loan scams.

These people are at their weakest when they finally need to take out the money.

You already paid back over 5X the amount in god knows how long.

Reaction score

What you need to know is here.

FIGHT LOAN SCAMS - http://bit.ly/fightloanscams

PM if don't know what to do.

celina22

Reaction score
Hello, please just stop paying them.
Ignore them
Call police
Inform NoK to ignore them

Did the force the money into your account?
Or did they call and ask if you wanna take up a loan while they already have your details?

Right now are you like paying 50 60 50 60 100 50 60 100 into many different account? If yes, while making police report hand all the bank account numbers you xferred to, to the police to help in crippling their loan scams.

These people are at their weakest when they finally need to take out the money.

You already paid back over 5X the amount in god knows how long.
i didnt yet call the police i have a record of all the thier bank acount can i report the bank acountthey keep on tjreatening me to call my boss and i told them call lah so that i go home and u dont have any cemt i said

chulu2810

Reaction score
Any one know that those money lender (unlisence or license) can access to MAS n purchase yr personal data fr them.
Heard from another saying they (LML) pay membership with MAS n they can retrieve all.
Those LS then purchase from LML.

Fear Less

Reaction score
Yours a scam.
Worry about your job.

valavos

Reaction score

Hello, yours ia a loan scam.Make police report immediately. close your bank account and open new one. Inform police all their contacts and bank accounts.Block all their numbers and unkown numbers. Do not reply or answer.Inform your company boss not to entertain them. Say its a loan scam.Inform NOK to block their numbers. If can, close your existing nunber and change to new one. Change singpass password immediately. Importanly, don't wait anymore, quickly go to your neighbourhood police station and make a report.

celina22

Reaction score
Dear All, I am a victim of LS Scam . I stop paying anymore deferment fees. Already made police report. Changed my singpass id, closed my bank account and change my hp nunber. They are out there to instill fear in you. Hope the authorities arrest them soon. I beleive they are from the same syndicate. I still have fear in me, but told myself to be calm.
i just blocked them yesterday and stop paying deferment do i need to go to make a police report im so scared since the owe me 1560 have thier numbers and bank acount

Fear Less

Reaction score
You should make a police report.
Dont answer their calls or sms. Dont delete , let their threatening smses run their course. It will die off because their fingers will get tired. .

Inform you nok and work place, their likely targets if cant get you.

Install a cctv if scared.
If yours a 1 time loan and ask you to pay for all the fxxk excuses. Its a scam.

Dont worry too much .

i just blocked them yesterday and stop paying deferment do i need to go to make a police report im so scared since the owe me 1560 have thier numbers and bank acount

celina22

Reaction score
stop paying them already since tje owe me thousand is it can affect my work if i file a police report

Fear Less

Reaction score
You find excuse for this scam to your company. The scammers will continuously disturb your work place and nok.
Lose your job or not , we here do not know. Lay low for a couple of weeks. They do not owe you money ..they will claim you owe them mony giving all ***** excuses. So stop smses and no take unknown calls .

stop paying them already since tje owe me thousand is it can affect my work if i file a police report

Reaction score
Any one know that those money lender (unlisence or license) can access to MAS n purchase yr personal data fr them.
Heard from another saying they (LML) pay membership with MAS n they can retrieve all.
Those LS then purchase from LML.

Could it be credit bureau report? It is possible to buy for financial institutions to get access as well.

Reaction score

What you need to know is here.

FIGHT LOAN SCAMS - http://bit.ly/fightloanscams

PM if don't know what to do.

You can file report online and my advice passed on by the police is anytime you feel unsafe or see any suspicious people, don't hesitate to call 999.

Tell your nok, workplace you have been scammed, ask them to ignore all calls.

pigping91

Reaction score
Sis....u should listen all here bro and sis advise....they are really help in here...before i also kena 2 case...after that i join here and listen here bro and sis advise....until now so far didnt have any problem and calling from this scammer...i also inform NOK...my NOK always get calling from them and my NOK say come out face to face and talk...until now still didnt have....believe me bro...bro and sis here is to help...may god bless u

Reaction score
Ignore and stop paying... Block them... Since u paid so much already... Be prepared for harrasments via msg and calls. Make a police report asap and inform you nok and office.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.