Recommendation: Reliable workshops in JB

sentsggirls

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
If anyone needs cheap throttle body cleaning in SG can check this place out.
This is the shop, prices might have gone up cos I last went there 3 years back but they were efficient and cheap at that time, knew what they were doing-
Chee Chai Motor Repairer
Blk 7, 397B Woodlands Rd, Singapore 678032
6366 0018 / 9665 0018
https://goo.gl/maps/zjBRe93X77u
Bro issit the norm to topup coolant in the main after TB cleaning?
Joseph ask If i have extra coolant in my boot to topup after TB Cleaning done and fix it back

sentsggirls

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Guan lee @ kaki Bukit.
The cheapest Amaron + good service

Sent from Xiaomi MI MAX 2 using GAGT
Okay thanks bro, will visit them soon maybe after CNY
my battery last change is May 17, so going 2 years. Using hitachi brand

snipfer

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Joseph ask If i have extra coolant in my boot to topup after TB Cleaning done and fix it back

Coolant got nothing to do with throttle body cleaning. Most likely your reservoir is low

TSmonster

Reaction score

Yes. There is a coolant line connected to throttle body to heat up the air. However this function is redundant in our climate. Most of us will just bypass the throttle coolant line.

HellHunter

Reaction score

For me never had this issue bro, did throttle body cleaning once at the Woodlands shop for my sister's SUV(RX300) and once for my own FD Civic in JB. Your coolant level was probably low(or at least below max) from before I'm guessing? Did you ask him to top up?

sentsggirls

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
For me never had this issue bro, did throttle body cleaning once at the Woodlands shop for my sister's SUV(RX300) and once for my own FD Civic in JB. Your coolant level was probably low(or at least below max) from before I'm guessing? Did you ask him to top up?

Never instruct him to topup coolant actually.
I already ask him TOP up reservoir 2 weeks before.
Before he clean tb I was checking my reservoir it was at 3/4 mark to F

Den suddenly he called me say want coolant ask me got anot.
Then I go see my reservoir it drop like to 1/4.

Then he explain need topup coolant after clean tb.
He topup at radiator cap there not my reservoir.

Anyway no harm let him topup since I have it in my boot.

sentsggirls

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Yes. There is a coolant line connected to throttle body to heat up the air. However this function is redundant in our climate. Most of us will just bypass the throttle coolant line.

Yah bro, last time in MCF, got people talk about bypass throttle coolant
But I don’t see any need for this leh. Not like do the bypass will add 3-5 BHP.

TSmonster

Reaction score
Yah bro, last time in MCF, got people talk about bypass throttle coolant
But I don’t see any need for this leh. Not like do the bypass will add 3-5 BHP.

I bought my car and everything from throttle to heater core and even oil filter cooler already bypass. Honestly don't think it makes much of a difference to the temps as well.

snipfer

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score

O? Learn something everyday

benjamin@mok

Reaction score
How Long before must change car battery? Every 2.5-3years ah??

Someone intro a sg ws selling amaron car battery at good price.
Where the shop guys.

A good brand can normally last for 2 years. but better get the mechanic to check with the voltmeter when you go service

the price for amaron in SG is more or less the same. I changed mine at Accord Auto Services at Bukit Merah for around $100. if too far, they have another branch at Ang Mo Kio.

Last edited:

francoaung

Reaction score
Hi Bros,
Any recommendation WorkShop in JB for Engine Timming Belt change service ? My car is Chevrolet Optra Estate Magnum Station Wagon 1.6Auto 10 yrs old car and 80000 km. Could you please advise for shop name and address? Thanks in advance.

benjamin@mok

Reaction score
Hi Bros,
Any recommendation WorkShop in JB for Engine Timming Belt change service ? My car is Chevrolet Optra Estate Magnum Station Wagon 1.6Auto 10 yrs old car and 80000 km. Could you please advise for shop name and address? Thanks in advance.

I normally go to S&D Tyre & Service Centre and look for William. you can contact him first at +6019-725 7575 and see if he has the parts for your Chevy.
[132, Jalan Dato Sulaiman, Taman Century, 80250 Johor Bahru]

or

Century Automotive, which is just nearby only. got his number online +6016-715 5005.
[106, Jalan Dato Sulaiman, Taman Century, 80250 Johor Bahru]

x3dnd3x

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Century Automotive I've been before. The boss quite okay but prices they say all increase. I've only been there once. My colleague services his car there.

liquidh

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Timing belt is a critical engine component. Get someone you know is good to change it.

myviowner

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
How Long before must change car battery? Every 2.5-3years ah??

Someone intro a sg ws selling amaron car battery at good price.
Where the shop guys.

Depends of your ride heavily ICE-ed, and with 24/7 dash cam? Else play safe, get it checked then decide.

HellHunter

Reaction score
Century Automotive I've been before. The boss quite okay but prices they say all increase. I've only been there once. My colleague services his car there.

Checked with them on labour quote for my power steering replacement job. Quoted RM200, LCH Batteries quoted RM120. Their reviews also say part costs have skyrocketed. Some people saying they got OEM part from them for almost the price of genuine from stockist.

Vezel2234

Reaction score
Hello guys, today just accidentally scratch my car against a carpark bumper. Any reliable workshop in JB can fix this on the same day? Not a very big dent though, but see liao very uneasy. Thanks!

avmDDJf.jpg

bKauEuT.jpg

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.