Lastest S$ Deposit updates - Part 3

mangomilkshake

Reaction score
Hi there,

Due to overwhelming response, the promotion will end on 31 January 2019.

Thank you for your feedback. We will share it with the relevant department for their review. However, at the moment, all vouchers will be sent via registered mail using SingPost.

^DG

The ocbc promotion is over.

yongsaver

Reaction score
shoutout to bros who PMed me on wholesale bonds....got a few queries so i thought i answered it here one shot...sorry for being brief as this is a FD thread.

1. do check with your RM or any security bond desk on the actual process of buying bonds. as long as u have the moolah, it is not as 'strict' as one imagined...:D
2. bond investment is a no brainer. just stick with investment grade ones or those wholly owned by Temasek. all the analysis has been done for you already. dont even need to read the prospectus yourself. :s13: the rest of the bond universe are literally 'JUNK'.
3. my bond portfolio average coupon rate is 4.66%. i have a rental property that gives me NET rental yield of 2.4% plus tenant headache while bank FD/SSB gives about 2%. Its no brainer which instrument i prefer these days. :D
even
LTA/HDB bonds are giving better than bank FDs! LTA/HDB will be around as long the island does not sink. :s13:
4. its nonsense bonds are bought to be kept long term and cannot sell. when prices go up like in recent weeks, there are good capital gains to be made. so can sell anytime. but for me will not sell as giving good coupons. :D

Perisher

Greater Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
shoutout to bros who PMed me on wholesale bonds....got a few queries so i thought i answered it here one shot...sorry for being brief as this is a FD thread.

1. do check with your RM or any security bond desk on the actual process of buying bonds. as long as u have the moolah, it is not as 'strict' as one imagined...:D
2. bond investment is a no brainer. just stick with investment grade ones or those wholly owned by Temasek. all the analysis has been done for you already. dont even need to read the prospectus yourself. :s13: the rest of the bond universe are literally 'JUNK'.
3. my bond portfolio average coupon rate is 4.66%. i have a rental property that gives me NET rental yield of 2.4% plus tenant headache while bank FD/SSB gives about 2%. Its no brainer which instrument i prefer these days. :D
even
LTA/HDB bonds are giving better than bank FDs! LTA/HDB will be around as long the island does not sink. :s13:
4. its nonsense bonds are bought to be kept long term and cannot sell. when prices go up like in recent weeks, there are good capital gains to be made. so can sell anytime. but for me will not sell as giving good coupons. :D

Just 500k can qualify to buy these 4.66% bonds already? Do you have an example of the bond you bought? any one will do. Thanks.

yongsaver

Reaction score
buy wholesale bonds 250K can liao. dont need 500K

not getting into specifics la bro. that said...I rem posting here about my first bond sometime last year when i started this bond journey which is the 3.98% DBS...bought 2 other bonds after that at 5% each...so average 4.66%. :D

'safe' and 'high coupons' do not normally go together...therefore need a lot of patience to wait for the right issue....took me about 5 months just to buy them...:s13:

i share this not to hao lian or what...just want to show 'kiasi' bros who already busted their SSB quota there is another world beside FD...it need not be as high risk as stocks but easily pays double what FD is paying.

end of the day, everyone has to do their own due diligence on what is the most suitable instrument or combo to have.

yongsaver

Reaction score
esaver rates come out riao....no change to last promo cycle...:s22:

looks like current FEB cycle, Maybank 2.0% isavvy best....

time to move the 'troops' boys and girls. :s13:

OCBC Bank

Suspended
Reaction score
over then over, take so long to pay us the voucher and interest so low... not interested ....

and dun even know will really get the voucher or not..

The ocbc promotion is over.

Hi there,

We apologise for any inconvenience caused. The promotion has ended on 30 January 2019 due to overwhelming response. You may wish to consider our fresh funds Time Deposit promotion or Bonus+ Savings and Premier Dividend+ Savings Abundance Promotion instead. https://www.ocbc.com/personal-banking/campaign/cnydeposits/index.html

Aside to tiertime, please be assured that if you had visited our branch to sign on the Terms & Conditions, and meet the eligibility requirement, you will be receiving the vouchers. It will be sent out by registered mail within 2 months.

^DG

Last edited:

sesame246

Reaction score
Hi there,

We apologise for any inconvenience caused. The promotion has ended on 30 November 2019 due to overwhelming response. You may wish to consider our fresh funds Time Deposit promotion or Bonus+ Savings and Premier Dividend+ Savings Abundance Promotion instead. https://www.ocbc.com/personal-banking/campaign/cnydeposits/index.html

Aside to tiertime, please be assured that if you had visited our branch to sign on the Terms & Conditions, and meet the eligibility requirement, you will be receiving the vouchers. It will be sent out by registered mail within 2 months.

^DG

it is precisely by Singpost registered mail that is causing the problem.
I have to incur so much effort, waited so long, to retrieve the vouchers finally.

sesame246

Reaction score
perhaps OCBC can explore issuing vouchers the E-way in future. It is very common now, even healthy 365 also issue E-NTUC vouchers.

Should align to government's smart nation initiatives.

IronMan123

Master Member
Reaction score
Hi there,

We apologise for any inconvenience caused. The promotion has ended on 30 November 2019 due to overwhelming response. You may wish to consider our fresh funds Time Deposit promotion or Bonus+ Savings and Premier Dividend+ Savings Abundance Promotion instead. https://www.ocbc.com/personal-banking/campaign/cnydeposits/index.html

^DG

Ended on 30 November 2019 ??
Today only 01 Feb 2019

merlot6230

Reaction score
UOB one account - anyone recd phone call to inform you that they will send email to ask to apply for UOB one account visa credit card ? I felt very weird to ask me for email but without telling mine instead. Never do any rectification.

Anyway i decide to terminate the account due to :

1.Poor customer service with 5 time asking for rectification :
already key in my Nric, still ask for it,
2nd name,
3rd mother maiden name,
4th how many ac
5th when the last transaction and

i blusted with anger, she dare to anwer back because the answer not correct that why must rephrase. Either she didn't heard properly or new on the job or incompetency in the software.

Ask for her supervisor return call except only listen with apology but no action required.

so i guess my bad day to encounter a poor customer service like starhub CSO previously that i terminate their services.

Squaredot

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

even
Very comprehensive, yong.
Thanks.

demoforce1

Master Member
Reaction score
UOB one account - anyone recd phone call to inform you that they will send email to ask to apply for UOB one account visa credit card ? I felt very weird to ask me for email but without telling mine instead. Never do any rectification.

Anyway i decide to terminate the account due to :

1.Poor customer service with 5 time asking for rectification :
already key in my Nric, still ask for it,
2nd name,
3rd mother maiden name,
4th how many ac
5th when the last transaction and

i blusted with anger, she dare to anwer back because the answer not correct that why must rephrase. Either she didn't heard properly or new on the job or incompetency in the software.

Ask for her supervisor return call except only listen with apology but no action required.

so i guess my bad day to encounter a poor customer service like starhub CSO previously that i terminate their services.

agree, uob is the most tricky one, particularly for their cc promo

Hulky8

Reaction score
buy wholesale bonds 250K can liao. dont need 500K

not getting into specifics la bro. that said...I rem posting here about my first bond sometime last year when i started this bond journey which is the 3.98% DBS...bought 2 other bonds after that at 5% each...so average 4.66%. :D

'safe' and 'high coupons' do not normally go together...therefore need a lot of patience to wait for the right issue....took me about 5 months just to buy them...:s13:

i share this not to hao lian or what...just want to show 'kiasi' bros who already busted their SSB quota there is another world beside FD...it need not be as high risk as stocks but easily pays double what FD is paying.

end of the day, everyone has to do their own due diligence on what is the most suitable instrument or combo to have.

250k not small bro not many got we foot soldier work many years can save 100k v good leow
All along I know this world only favour rich ppl their money grow more....poor fella like us after
cost of living only save 5k pa so after 20 only 100k plus😭😭😭😭😭

Perisher

Greater Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
250k not small bro not many got we foot soldier work many years can save 100k v good leow
All along I know this world only favour rich ppl their money grow more....poor fella like us after

True. Many doors only open after you hit certain milestones. Some of the things that should be corrected.

yongsaver

Reaction score

i was also a foot soldier bro. i had $0 to my name when i grad some 20+ years ago...2 things i live by which actually many bros here reiterated many times...
1. "those who know compounding, earns it. those who don't, pays for it"
2. "its not how much u make, its how much you spend".

These are simple statements but to me they are powerful enough to affect ALL aspects of one's financial health...

True. Many doors only open after you hit certain milestones. Some of the things that should be corrected.

this i agree...like fundsupermart's BOND EXPRESS...only open to accredited investors..allowing AIs to buy bonds at denomination of just $5K per lot...i used it to buy several High Yield or JUNK bonds which normally i would not buy at 250K a lot...i called it my "junk portfolio". :s13:
This I feel should be opened to everyone.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.